Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

Interstellar. I like sci-fi with an ambitious amount of imagination and this certainly had that but I still didn't feel it did enough to satisfy. At least I suppose there's no chance of a sequel.

Plot is full of ridiculous holes.

I don't know what the fixation is with them tbh. Judging by the last Krays movie, their story isn't even that interesting.

The trailers remind me of this

(Scroll to about 35 seconds in):

Nightcrawler. Creepy turn by Jake Gyllenhaal.

Energetic and compelling tale of a petty thief turned sociopathic video journalist who cruises streets of LA, listening to a police scanner to find gory crime scenes to film so he can sell the rushes to the cheapest TV station in town, where his contact is Rene Russo, who still looks mint after all these years. Solid Friday night entertainment. 8/10

Pride. Didn't live up to the reviews. Great premise and message but average execution. I found myself drifting off at various points. Some pretty unconvincing welsh accents in the mix too. 5/10

Good Will Hunting

Seen it a few times over the years but watched it again last night. (Benefits of a crap memory).

7/10

Don't understand this math equation carry on. What's the practical use of one?

472793db9a6cc2c87cd06367906dcd3f.jpg

Are you asking what the practical application of ANY equation could be, or that one in particular?

Are you asking what the practical application of ANY equation could be, or that one in particular?

Ones of that sort. In films they talk about ones that are hard to do. As though they know the outcome but don't know how to make the equation work.

I just have no idea what they then do with them. Just curious. :)

They have a theory that something should be true as it makes sense to them logically, but in order to prove the theory they have to manipulate formulas to prove that it's the case according to all the mathematical rules that have been proven previously.

They have a theory that something should be true as it makes sense to them logically, but in order to prove the theory they have to manipulate formulas to prove that it's the case according to all the mathematical rules that have been proven previously.

So what practical things are they trying prove. IE example of an actual application (or is literally stuff like rocket science).

I'll have a google in case it's too long winded for you to explain Janet and John style. :lol:

Pure mathematics is abstract. The application of those theories in physics and engineering is where it becomes practical.

An example would be the proof of the theory of relativity. The relationship between energy and mass. Proving it does nowt but the practical application of the relationship it outlines leads to the nuclear bomb where a single bomb can produce enough energy to destroy a whole city.

Pure mathematics is abstract. The application of those theories in physics and engineering is where it becomes practical.

An example would be the proof of the theory of relativity. The relationship between energy and mass. Proving it does nowt but the practical application of the relationship it outlines leads to the nuclear bomb where a single bomb can produce enough energy to destroy a whole city.

Thanks for trying :lol:

I've had a good Google and sadly have to concur with Gemmill.

Thanks for trying :lol:

I've had a good Google and sadly have to concur with Gemmill.

The most basic proof going is for the theory that whenever you add 2 even numbers together the result must also be an even number.

The rule that says a number (say x, or y) is even, is that they have 2 as a factor. So you can assign equal but different values x = 2a, y = 2b, where a and b are ANY whole number (not just even ones like x and y)

So plug the values in to prove the theory...

X + Y = .... = ....

The most basic proof going is for the theory that whenever you add 2 even numbers together the result must also be an even number.

The rule that says a number (say x, or y) is even, is that they have 2 as a factor. So you can assign equal but different values x = 2a, y = 2b, where a and b are ANY whole number (not just even ones like x and y)

So plug the values in to prove the theory...

X + Y = .... = ....

It's not happening like :lol:

Time to move on, but thanks for trying.