Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

'The lives of others' 2006 (I think)

This is always near the top of those imdb lists and is a German film with subtitles. Set in East Germany a few years before glasnost (around 1986), and the falling of the wall, it is about a theatre producer/writer, his actress girlfriend, a high ranking state official who blackmails her into sex and a Stasi intelligence officer sent to bug their apartment who starts off idealistically doing his job and indeed suspects the producer of being anti-state, but however starts to realise the system is corrupt and unknown to the the couple starts to interfere with evidence to help them out.

Wouldn't say this was a real fast paced film, but I enjoyed it anyway, wouldn't say the ending was a total 'happy ever after' nor was it as depressing as if the wall had never fell. Worth a watch especially if you've no idea of the era of the cold war and the people who had to live behind the iron curtain and their drab existence under communism.

Agreed, very good film.

Mad Max Fury road.

Canny for a no-brainer - Seemed determined to mirror the second one which I think is the best.

When it came out I read a load of shit about it being a feminist film in that Theron was the main character - I don't think that matters in a pure action based film like this.

Also anyone think the main baddie looked like a twisted Peter Stringfellow?

Damning with faint praise?

"Some even claimed it was the best Star Wars film since 1983’s Return of the Jedi."

Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2015/12/15/the-first-reviews-for-star-wars-the-force-awakens-are-in-and-the-verdict-is-5566197/#ixzz3uOAkQnPf

I've got Friday off to go and see it. I can't wait. I'm watching the first six this week in preparation and after watching the first two I think that if you took out Jarjar, The Phantom menace would be comfortably the better of the two. The love story between Anakin and Padme is absolutely painful.

I've got Friday off to go and see it. I can't wait. I'm watching the first six this week in preparation and after watching the first two I think that if you took out Jarjar, The Phantom menace would be comfortably the better of the two. The love story between Anakin and Padme is absolutely painful.

You massive bairn. ;)

Think Hayden Christensen is the worst lead actor I have ever seen in a major role. Probably the most important role as well. Despite this, the second two were much more enjoyable, Phantom bored me shitless.

You massive bairn. ;)

Think Hayden Christensen is the worst lead actor I have ever seen in a major role. Probably the most important role as well. Despite this, the second two were much more enjoyable, Phantom bored me shitless.

Fucking right I am :D

Aye he's terrible, particularly in AOTC. The barin is shite in the first one too. I've always thought AOTC was much much better than TPM but after re watching them I've changed my opinion. Revenge is clearly the best of the prequels and for the most part holds up against the original three. If the new one is better than that I'll be happy. If it's better than Jedi I'll be over the moon.

Edited by David Kelly

You massive bairn. ;)

Apparently Lucas cast him because of his intense eyes, like he could act with them or some bulllshit.

Shame their intensity couldn't hide the most wooden turn of acting in a lead role since Tommy Wissau's The Room.

Apparently Lucas cast him because of his intense eyes, like he could act with them or some bulllshit.

Shame their intensity couldn't hide the most wooden turn of acting in a lead role since Tommy Wissau's The Room.

No one can match Tommy!

Lucas leaving the franchise is the best thing that could have happened to it. He's a great idea's man but after getting lucky directing American Graffiti and A New Hope, he's shown himself up to be a poor director.

I'm avoiding reading any reviews of it before Friday but it appears generally to be getting a four out of five stars and being rated somewhere around Return Of The Jedi and Revenge Of The Sith. Can't say I wasn't hoping it would be Empire good but if it's near Jedi I'll be more than happy.