Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

I suppose the one criticism I had was it was almost a reboot or remake of a new hope. There was very little in the way of original story telling. But after the trade disputes and political negotiations in the prequels, Star Wars fans were clamouring for this. The big question is where it goes from here in the next two films

That's why I think the villain couldn't just be DV MKII, there needed to be some sort of difference in there regarding his temperament/actions.

My only question about the plot is

What are the resistance actually restiting against? There is a new government (Republic) apparently so the First Order aren't in power. Also why aren't the republic forces going up against the First Order

Didn't spoil the film at all for me like.

Edited by David Kelly

Haven't seen it yet as my dad wanted to see it with me when I'm back for xmas.

I've already had it spoiled for me from Facebook, I was looking through the comments of some football story and some bloke just posted a comment that was just every major point that happened in the film :lol: Some people are right sad cunts like, I wasn't arsed as I've never been that bothered about Star Wars but he has no doubt ruined some peoples enjoyment of it a bit.

My only question about the plot is

What are the resistance actually restiting against? There is a new government (Republic) apparently so the First Order aren't in power. Also why aren't the republic forces going up against the First Order

Didn't spoil the film at all for me like.

I wondered the same. I found this on a Star Wars fanboy site. No idea if this is what the writers had in mind.

Is the Resistance Part of the New Republic?

Lets continue with recapping the events since the Battle of Endor.

Leia sees the threat, but the New Republic is unwilling to act: Princess Leia tries to get the New Republic to take notice of the rising threat of the First Order but they think shes either being an alarmist or a warmonger and refuse to take action.

The Resistance is formed: With the Senate too slow in providing support, Leia created a small private force called the Resistance to keep watch on the rising threat of the First Order. According to the book, the New Republic tolerates the Resistance, though it is wary of risking war with the First Order. The opening crawl for the film says the New Republic supports the Resistance, and General Hux also believes this to be the case in his speech.

The power structure of the First Order: Kylo Ren exists outside the formal command structure of the First Order, and has a direct link to the shadowy Supreme Leader Snoke who is ultimately in charge of these forces of darkness. Kylos agenda trumps the military objectives of the upper command of the First Order, and he has personally been responsible for the disappearance of the Jedi order.

The Senate leaves Coruscant: As the new senate believes all worlds should have equal say, they decided the Senate would leave Coruscant. Instead the capital shifts across member worlds by a process of election, hosting the Senate on a rotating basis.

So basically, the remnants of the Empire have reorganized as the First Order in the far reaches of the galaxy, the Senate is too bogged down in politics to take action, so Leia independently creates a small force called the Resistance to keep watch on the rising threat.

Now as for the events of this film, the Senate has convened on Hosnian Prime. Some people miss this but the Starkiller base destroys this planet during their show of power, effectively killing all the members of the senate.

I wondered the same. I found this on a Star Wars fanboy site. No idea if this is what the writers had in mind.

Is the Resistance Part of the New Republic?

Lets continue with recapping the events since the Battle of Endor.

Leia sees the threat, but the New Republic is unwilling to act: Princess Leia tries to get the New Republic to take notice of the rising threat of the First Order but they think shes either being an alarmist or a warmonger and refuse to take action.

The Resistance is formed: With the Senate too slow in providing support, Leia created a small private force called the Resistance to keep watch on the rising threat of the First Order. According to the book, the New Republic tolerates the Resistance, though it is wary of risking war with the First Order. The opening crawl for the film says the New Republic supports the Resistance, and General Hux also believes this to be the case in his speech.

The power structure of the First Order: Kylo Ren exists outside the formal command structure of the First Order, and has a direct link to the shadowy Supreme Leader Snoke who is ultimately in charge of these forces of darkness. Kylos agenda trumps the military objectives of the upper command of the First Order, and he has personally been responsible for the disappearance of the Jedi order.

The Senate leaves Coruscant: As the new senate believes all worlds should have equal say, they decided the Senate would leave Coruscant. Instead the capital shifts across member worlds by a process of election, hosting the Senate on a rotating basis.

So basically, the remnants of the Empire have reorganized as the First Order in the far reaches of the galaxy, the Senate is too bogged down in politics to take action, so Leia independently creates a small force called the Resistance to keep watch on the rising threat.

Now as for the events of this film, the Senate has convened on Hosnian Prime. Some people miss this but the Starkiller base destroys this planet during their show of power, effectively killing all the members of the senate.

I suppose that would fit. I missed that about Hosnian Prime like.

Star wars

depressing stuff like eh?? All our old heroes miserable as fuck.

Han, unable to hold his relationship together and a massive let down to his son, has taken to searching the galaxy for a vehicle he liked to drive 30 years ago. A mental breakdown on a par with Alan Partridge.

Chewie has so little personal development he's STILL hanging around with that poor fuck up.

Leia has dragged up a cunt for a son after dropping her knickers for the emotionally stunted bloke that likes spaceships more than women.. Despite her lad being a mass murderer, she sits at home hoping he can be redeemed, like an intergalactic dot cotton. "ee's a good boy really!"

C3P0 has wanked his original arm off.

R2D2 has stood in a corner and completely shut down.

Luke's a hermit who spends daylight hours perched on a cliff edge, looking out to sea contemplating suicide.

Way to destroy the happy ending enjoyed by a 12 year old boy 32 years ago.

I loved. It to bits really 😉

The Martian

Really enjoyed it. Our lass kept chuntering on about why they couldn't just pop up in the shuttle in a few days and rescue him :lol:

Had to explain various distances to her.

About 250 miles to the space station.

250,000 miles to the moon

And between 54 million and 400 million to Mars.

Staggering really and can't see mankind going there any time soon.

The Hateful Eight

Easily Tarantino's best film since Kill Bill Vol 1. Never bored across it's 3 hour running length. Only mis-step for me was his 2 short, pointless voice overs. The pictures could say what he did no bother. The only time Tarantino hasn't been a negative in his own film was in Pulp Fiction.

Took Fist Jnr to see Force Awakens the other day.

He loved it, watched it kneeling on his seat, bouncing with excitement.

So did I :lol:

It was better than I thought it would be even if it was

just a scene for scene remake of the original ;)

Off to watch star wars with my girls on 3D seeing I'm off, they're bored and I'm interested to see what happens with the old characters. Youngest has seen first three and is about 80% bothered about watching it, eldest hasn't seen any and is just going because, omg, she's a teenager and she's bored and has nothing to do and will be hoping to kop for some scran afterwards at somewhere like Frankie and Benny's. (I'm hoping for three points at the Emirates, and it's the hope that kills you). :)

Took Fist Jnr to see Force Awakens the other day.

He loved it, watched it kneeling on his seat, bouncing with excitement.

So did I :lol:

It was better than I thought it would be even if it was

just a scene for scene remake of the original ;)

:lol: we took ten year old twin boys, one of whom said it would've been a better film wit Zaza Binks in it :o

Agree with you though, thought the first hour was excellent

but after that even I could see what was coming a mile off :lol:

I watched it last night, enjoyed it and so did the bairns. Watched the 3D version and the aerial battles were pretty good.

I knew he was going to kill han solo but even so, I went 'noooooo!' To myself. :lol:

I like the theory that...

Shes Obi Wans grand daughter the most. left on Jakku by Luke with Max Von Sydow keeping a distant eye on her.

If shes Lukes or Han/Leias then Han would've known I think, as would Leia and possibly Kylo as well since he can feel Hans presence on the planet/gun thing.