Miguel Almiron

wykikitoon

Have to say I thought Miggy looked very comfortable playing on the left yesterday. He hasn’t really played wide left since rafa used to play him up top alongside Rondon and Perez. He took his goal well, played a lovely chipped through ball for willock in the build up for Hall’s goal. Who says he has to play as an inverted winger?  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

Have to say I thought Miggy looked very comfortable playing on the left yesterday. He hasn’t really played wide left since rafa used to play him up top alongside Rondon and Perez. He took his goal well, played a lovely chipped through ball for willock in the build up for Hall’s goal. Who says he has to play as an inverted winger?  

As somebody else has already said even though he's got no right foot Trippier wouldn't have the assists or the room for crosses if he didn't link up so we'll on the right

He's also starting to score again. If he hits double figures again this season I think he will be given a bit more credit

(Big if I know)

Edited by spongebob toonpants
Right foot not left foot fucking obviously

16 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

If he goes left (ahead of Gordon?) who goes on the right? 

We've got Barnes, Gordon, Joelinton, Willock and even Anderson and Isak who can play on that side and it's really only Isak and Murphy who can do the same job on the right. 

2 minutes ago, The Fish said:

If he goes left (ahead of Gordon?) who goes on the right? 

We've got Barnes, Gordon, Joelinton, Willock and even Anderson and Isak who can play on that side and it's really only Isak and Murphy who can do the same job on the right. 

Livramento? 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, GrahamTaylor5 said:

I did wonder if Livramento could push further up as it is criminal how little we are using him. Hard to give criticism of the decision based on Trippier only having 1 questionable game as well and the immense impact that he has on team performances. 

Aye, time to turn him into the new Gareth Bale.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, RobinRobin said:

Livramento? 

Feels like trying to solve a problem that isn't there, and just making a new problem instead. 

Almiron played well from the left against Man Utd, but Gordon has that left side locked up whenever Wilson or Isak are fit. The way Almiron links up with Trippier and Bruno on that ride hand side is working well for each of them.  There's no need for him to shift over to the left and replacing him on the right means playing someone else out of position.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, The Fish said:

Feels like trying to solve a problem that isn't there, and just making a new problem instead. 

Almiron played well from the left against Man Utd, but Gordon has that left side locked up whenever Wilson or Isak are fit. The way Almiron links up with Trippier and Bruno on that ride hand side is working well for each of them.  There's no need for him to shift over to the left and replacing him on the right means playing someone else out of position.

Agreed but the question was who goes on the right if Almiron goes on the left. 

• Like 1

Gordon would have to go on the right. Again, like the goalkeeping situation Eddie wouldn’t even think about playing them that way around. 

Almiron works well on the right. He gives you a goal threat cutting in and releases Trippier down the wing. No need to change it.  He is our top scoring midfielder. 

if we need to give Miggy a break then Big joe/little Joe could switch over to left and Gordon on right 

Edited by Holden McGroin
  • Like 2

I wasn’t suggesting Miggy starts on the left in front of some of our other options. However he can clearly do a job there. I’d also like to see him and Gordon occasionally switch wings during games to give opposition full backs something else to think about 

• Like 4

• 2 months later...

Re: Almiron, I thought he had a really good game (albeit against lower league opposition) v Oxford away in the FA Cup in a midfield 3 with the two Longstaffs. I wonder if he could do a makeshift job in there on occasion to take the workload off young Miley a bit. 
Even with players coming back there’s only really Willock who’ll ease the burden on the midfield. And you would think he’d need to be carefully managed when he returns 

1 minute ago, Alex said:

Re: Almiron, I thought he had a really good game (albeit against lower league opposition) v Oxford away in the FA Cup in a midfield 3 with the two Longstaffs. I wonder if he could do a makeshift job in there on occasion to take the workload off young Miley a bit. 
Even with players coming back there’s only really Willock who’ll ease the burden on the midfield. And you would think he’d need to be carefully managed when he returns 

Yeah. I think he could do a job there. 

It should be fun working out who to play in midfield v Luton when Bruno gets his yellow tonight. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

It should be fun working out who to play in midfield v Luton when Bruno gets his yellow tonight. 

We've got another Miley, Joe White and some young Man City kid we've yet to announce - none of whom Howe will play :lol:

What will be fun is when Bruno gets a straight red (which he's overdue IMO) and we're fucked for three games instead of the two he'll get for picking up a yellow.

45 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

He certainly could. He was quite good playing through the centre under Rafa.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NJS said:

Still not taking the evidence of their own eyes well are they? 

Was going to say. I know it’s only one match but Almiron and Gordon (also ‘shite’) were at a completely different level to Clarke. Roberts wasn’t available, which by extension makes him world class of course, despite not being as good as Clarke. 
I don’t think either have a single PL appearance to their name. They’re both kids who’ll improve exponentially though, being 26 and 23 respectively 

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Playing off the front man is probably his best position but we don’t really play that system.  

I know but he’s not exactly Roberto Baggio, threading balls through the eye of a needle to the centre forward in that position. When I’ve seen him play centrally it was in s different formation to the current one but he was the furthest forward of a midfield 3 and chasing and harrying. So playing as one of the ‘8s’ shouldn’t be a million miles away from that.