Miguel Almiron

wykikitoon

I love him so much.

Genuinely thought that wide forward was the place we needed to prioritise come January, but now? Miggy has made that position his own. Be interesting to see how his form is impacted by the return of ASM.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

Don't think it'll affect him that much as they play on different sides. 😛

Aye, but the focus of the team will pivot to the left side.

You dummkopf

5 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

Will it? Surely that would give Almiron more space then?

Sure, more space, but no football to kick in to the opposition goal. Because Allan will have it. 

11 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Sure, more space, but no football to kick in to the opposition goal. Because Allan will have it. 

2 hours ago, The Fish said:

I love him so much.

Genuinely thought that wide forward was the place we needed to prioritise come January, but now? Miggy has made that position his own. Be interesting to see how his form is impacted by the return of ASM.

Playing both against one of the best sides on the planet seemed to work out ok a couple of months back, or are you now claiming to speak on behalf of Bruno, Joelinton, Willock Longy and most of all the manager? :cuppa:

Edited by PaddockLad
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Playing both against one of the best sides on the planet seemed to work out ok a couple of months back, or are you now claiming to speak on behalf of Bruno, Joelinton, Willock Longy and most of all the manager? :cuppa:

The 4 games where they've played together (first 4 matches) ASM averaged 45 touches, Almiron averaged 39 touches. The matches after Miggy averages 44. Take out the Liverpool game where we didn't have much possession at all and he's close to 48 touches.

Avg xG with ASM playing - 0.225. Without - 0.36. Take out Liverpool 0.41

Avg times Almiron was a target for a pass with ASM playing - 35. Without 41. Take out Liverpool - 45

(ASM was the target for a pass, on average 41 times)

Last season, ASM was the target of a pass 1302 times, Almiron was 661.

I'm not saying Bruno, Joelinton, Willock, Longy and Howe are wrong. I'm saying you are.