Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

FYI in the UK by March 2021 there had been 126,000+ coronavirus deaths, that was from 4.25 million recorded cases at the time. Since then the UK have recorded an additional 10+ million cases and have added 22,000 more deaths.

So pre April 2021 if you caught covid there was an approximately 3% chance of dying (30 in 1000 cases). Since April 2021 there is an approximately 0.22% chance of dying (2.2 in 1000 cases).

@Asprilla 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Asprilla said:

It’s very questionable if the response to this pandemic has been a net positive 

At least we now have a much better understanding of how many anti-intellectualism pseudo-science followers are out there in our societies.

2 minutes ago, OTF said:

FYI in the UK by March 2021 there had been 126,000+ coronavirus deaths, that was from 4.25 million recorded cases at the time. Since then the UK have recorded an additional 10+ million cases and have added 22,000 more deaths.

So pre April 2021 if you caught covid there was an approximately 3% chance of dying (30 in 1000 cases). Since April 2021 there is an approximately 0.22% chance of dying (2.2 in 1000 cases).

@Asprilla 

If that initial figure was accurate which is very debatable.

I would want to know deaths by demographic especially as the first wave was seemingly left to run riot through care homes, not to mention the protection afforded by natural immunity.

i never said the vaccines haven’t reduced the chance of dying, I believe they have...

I’ve just questioned by how much and if this current stigmatising of those who are  unvaccinated or no longer :quotes: fully vaxxed :quotes: is proportionate

5 minutes ago, OTF said:

At least we now have a much better understanding of how many anti-intellectualism pseudo-science followers are out there in our societies.

And equally, how many people can be coerced into behaving like little Nazis if they believe they’re in the right

2 minutes ago, Asprilla said:

And equally, how many people can be coerced into behaving like little Nazis if they believe they’re in the right

Not just like little ones. But I guess we are thinking about different sides here…

If that initial figure was accurate which is very debatable.

I would want to know deaths by demographic especially as the first wave was seemingly left to run riot through care homes, not to mention the protection afforded by natural immunity.

i never said the vaccines haven’t reduced the chance of dying, I believe they have...

I’ve just questioned by how much and if this current stigmatising of those who are  unvaccinated or no longer :quotes: fully vaxxed :quotes: is proportionate

The best evidence of effectiveness for any intervention is the RCT. The trial evidence has shown that the vaccines reduce you chance of hospitalisation by around 90% and your chance of dying by around 95% . This is a relative effect largely independent of participant demographic. And it is borne out pretty much exactly by the real-world evidence we have which is now in the billions. So it's hardly a slight reduction in the death rate of a trivial disease. It's a massive difference with literally hundreds of thousands of lives saved in the UK alone. 

Edited by Renton
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

Not just like little ones. But I guess we are thinking about different sides here…

Everyone always thinks it’s the other side who are the Nazis.

Except for actual Nazis obviously :lol:

3 minutes ago, Renton said:

The best evidence of effectiveness for any intervention is the RCT. The trial evidence has shown that the vaccines reduce you chance of hospitalisation by around 90% and your chance of dying by around 95% . This is a relative effect largely independent of participant demographic. And it is borne out pretty much exactly by the real-world evidence we have which is now in the billions. So it's hardly a slight reduction in the death rate of a trivial disease. It's a massive difference with literally hundreds of thousands of lives saved in the UK alone. 

So of the 10-30% of unvaccinated people who catch Covid, how many of them die?

So of the 10-30% of unvaccinated people who catch Covid, how many of them die?

Clearly depends on age and health. Why complicate the basic stats - I've given you the efficacy data above. Vaccination reduced your chance of dying 20 fold, not just slightly as you claimed. The majority of people ill and dying in hospital now, who are using resources that could be used on others, are not fully vaccinated, despite being a small proportion of the population overall. And there are countless anecdotes of unvaccinated people recanting on their death beds. I sincerely hope you do not become one of these. 

• Like 1

The same people also got vaccinated, hospitalised, put on a ventilator, recovered and died unvaccinated twice in the same week. I’ve seen the photos 

I can't help but notice the same people who were very much against lockdowns are against the vaccine....its as if they just don't want their lives to be inconvenienced in any way.... I certainly wouldn't advocate mandatory vaccines for any section of UK society but I just wish the selfish fuckin twats would shut the fuck up about it...take the vaccine, don't take the vaccine, I don't care tbh...just mind your own fuckin business and stop talking utter shit 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tom said:

By any sensible measure Djokovic is a fucking lunatic tbh :lol: 

Have you heard him talking about purifying water through prayer or whatever? 

Have you heard him hanging out with genocidal maniacs?

• Like 1
  • Jaysus... 1

32 minutes ago, Renton said:

Clearly depends on age and health. Why complicate the basic stats - I've given you the efficacy data above. Vaccination reduced your chance of dying 20 fold, not just slightly as you claimed. The majority of people ill and dying in hospital now, who are using resources that could be used on others, are not fully vaccinated, despite being a small proportion of the population overall. And there are countless anecdotes of unvaccinated people recanting on their death beds. I sincerely hope you do not become one of these. 

I appreciate that 

but it does matter statistically if these people have other underlying risk factors

currently my kids are out of school (there are loads of kids home at the moment) and we are not going anywhere

novavax is supposedly here in early February

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

What's so good about fucking Novavax. Sounds a bit too much like Betamax to me. 

It was supposed to be here “in a few weeks” for the last year… 🤦🏻‍♂️ 

but yes it is a retro vaccine so therefore cooler

6 minutes ago, Asprilla said:

It was supposed to be here “in a few weeks” for the last year… 🤦🏻‍♂️ 

but yes it is a retro vaccine so therefore cooler

What's the long-term safety profile like for it?