Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

Was out last night for a meal for the wife's birthday, me, her and youngest as the the eldest and her boyfriend tested positive on Thursday. On the bright side they're not too ill so far and it saved me a bit of money. :yes:

;)

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

how you feeling with it mate? Mild case hopefully 

Definitely mild. Personally I had intermittent fevers for the first 3 days, a bit of chest tightness.and coughing. Now I've got a headache and general lethargy. I don't know if the latter is just because I've been cooped up for nearly a week and just can't be arsed to do anything. Tbf I've always detested this month too. I think regardless of LFT results I am set free on Wednesday to which my reaction will be meh and I'll probably stay in! However, at least the house can get back to normal (living rooms, bed rooms, bathrooms, and eating together). And I'll be able to see my Dad who is clinging on in there. 

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, Asprilla said:

Man who had cold under strict supervision.

Nation safe once again.

Selfish man lacks common sense and compassion.

Context is everything, oh and laws, those too are somewhat relevant. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OTF said:

Selfish man lacks common sense and compassion.

Context is everything, oh and laws, those too are somewhat relevant. 

Pretty sure he won’t take up any public healthcare beds

Vaxxed people spread it too, argument is moot

Accidentally stuck Jeremy Vine on for 10 seconds. They think it’s a good idea (presumably in the interests of balance) to have the deputy leader of the Reclaim party on to discuss this :lol: 

Edited by Alex
  • Jaysus... 1

36 minutes ago, Asprilla said:

Pretty sure he won’t take up any public healthcare beds

Vaxxed people spread it too, argument is moot

Please respond with a simple yes or no; Do you believe that vaccinations have reduced the mortality rate for those with covid?

24 minutes ago, OTF said:

Please respond with a simple yes or no; Do you believe that vaccinations have reduced the mortality rate for those with covid?

Yes.

The vaccines appear to have reduced the already small death rate by a bit (and chance of hospitalisation).

They also appear to have had a negative effect on a small number of young male athletes.

As someone who had already caught and recovered from Covid I can see why Djokovic wasn’t necessarily in a rush to roll that particular dice. 

For the vanishingly small amount of people who Djokovic encountered, those who were already vaccinated therefore had a slightly reduced chance of dying and hospitalisation.

28 minutes ago, Alex said:

Djokovic and everyone else knows this isn’t just about him

Yes it’s about everybody else that doesn’t want to take an endless string of vaccines that don’t stop you from spreading Covid, that reduce your risk of death from a fraction of a percentage to a slightly smaller fraction of a percentage, that need to be boosted every 6 months, whose effectiveness wanes with each new variant and that can leave you sicker than before you took it.

all under the threat of having your liberty taken away.

Nobody’s stopping people who want to get vaxxed from getting vaxxed I will when Novavax is available.

1 minute ago, Tom said:

By any sensible measure Djokovic is a fucking lunatic tbh :lol: 

Have you heard him talking about purifying water through prayer or whatever? 

They just want you to believe that it’s not true