The Entirely Reasonable Potential Transfers Thread

Ayatollah Hermione

6 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

Is that a joke? I ask because there's banter from Liverpool fans that they want Howe to spunk 75m on Origi given he wasted 35m on Solanke and Ibe when he was at Bournemouth. In fairness he is a decent player, but 15, 20m is the limit I'd pay for him. 

As if they have grounds for transfer banter

liverpool-s-english-forward-andy-carroll

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

I was wondering earlier whether there might not be a closing of ranks if we are still looking nailed on for relegation in January. I mean what do the other 19 clubs in the league want more than for the new richest club in the league to just fuck off for a bit. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I was wondering earlier whether there might not be a closing of ranks if we are still looking nailed on for relegation in January. I mean what do the other 19 clubs in the league want more than for the new richest club in the league to just fuck off for a bit. 

Surely they wouldn’t do that- isn’t that cartel-type behaviour, and we know the PL wouldn’t entertain that.…

… any word on new sponsors btw? 

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

There’s more than the PL. Nearly all clubs around the world are suffering from the pandemic and looking to off load. We have the money to take those players off their hands.

Give Graham Carr a call and let’s get the band back together.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Surely they wouldn’t do that- isn’t that cartel-type behaviour, and we know the PL wouldn’t entertain that.…

… any word on new sponsors btw? 

Alaweed Enterprises LTD.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, ewerk said:

There’s more than the PL. Nearly all clubs around the world are suffering from the pandemic and looking to off load. We have the money to take those players off their hands.

Give Graham Carr a call and let’s get the band back together.

Its funny but he'd be genuinely perfect right now, French football is an absolute disaster financially at the moment and their TV deal is totally fucked.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rayvin said:

Could we not raid Barcelona for that matter?

Technically we could but anyone on their books who is actually good would still probably be attracting the attention of bigger clubs and cost a fortune.

On 06/11/2021 at 09:43, TheGingerQuiff said:

We're shopping in different markets now. Tiote did a decent job for a season. When we played Man City on the last home game of that season, Yaya Toure bossed the midfield. That's the level we'll be signing. No more Graham Carr moneyball shite.

Do you mean the Yaya Toure who was on the fringes of the Barcelona side, or the Yaya Toure that was a dominant central midfielder up until he left Man City in 2018.

Because maybe the former, no chance the latter.

4 hours ago, Andrew said:

Technically we could but anyone on their books who is actually good would still probably be attracting the attention of bigger clubs and cost a fortune.

Aye, it's the wages and need for European competition that'd be the sticking point.

I was under the impression they had a solid youth setup, is there not some raiding to be done there. I don't like Barca much as a club so I may be very ignorant of where they are these days though.

On 07/11/2021 at 18:06, Rayvin said:

Could we not raid Barcelona for that matter?

There would be some good options there. Maybe a few loans or buy back deals would work for both parties as it stands.

I know most people think money is no object but one of the things that slowed Man City down was having all the hangers on being paid big money. so short term deals or loans is what you need for the next 3-5 years 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, safcforever said:

There would be some good options there. Maybe a few loans or buy back deals would work for both parties as it stands.

I know most people think money is no object but one of the things that slowed Man City down was having all the hangers on being paid big money. so short term deals or loans is what you need for the next 3-5 years 

You're preaching to the choir there, I'm not at all of the opinion that we either can or should start throwing money around. I agree about loans.

But either way, we do need to obtain some quality from somewhere.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rayvin said:

You're preaching to the choir there, I'm not at all of the opinion that we either can or should start throwing money around. I agree about loans.

But either way, we do need to obtain some quality from somewhere.

If the deal was done pre season you could have had all the fun in the world taking advance of Barcelona. 

Overseas is the best bet, not many PL clubs will be doing you any favours. 

11 hours ago, Tom said:

I want them to get the academy sorted out tbh. The north east is absolutely full of talent that’s mainly gone to waste for decades. 

See Chelsea have just signed deals with some of the more prominent local boys clubs around Newcastle, to hoover up the decent kids? 

Hopefully we can get that reversed quickly. 

Edited by Gemmill
  • Like 4

12 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

See Chelsea have just signed deals with some of the more prominent local boys clubs around Newcastle, to hoover up the decent kids? 

Hopefully we can get that reversed quickly. 

The level of neglect of all areas of the club by Ashley is fucking tragic, areas like this will be the hardest to fix. I admit I’m not certain but I think there’s some interplay between the level your academy is rated at and the protected catchment area, I remember ours didn’t make the top tier which meant the protected area was greatly reduced which has likely allowed other clubs (seemingly Chelsea) to muscle their way in. Other clubs coming in and stealing away youth from the clubs area is fucking tragic tbh, I hope it’s an aspect the new ownership really address. 

• Like 3

• Tom locked this topic