The Entirely Reasonable Potential Transfers Thread

Ayatollah Hermione

Surely all these linked players are just trolling is by liking their own transfer rumours? I'm loving the last week of noise though, it's just nice to be linked with everyone and anyone and not just Hamza Choudhury or Slimani on loan. 

7 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Coutinho has the touch of the James Rodriguez’ about him, I reckon. Will be good at the beginning, soon fade off and also has the potential to possibly be considering a sex change

Watched on SKY a while back and they were suggesting he does his best work when the games won. Up 2 or 3 nil. 

If we had 10 more points on the board Coutinho would have been a hilarious vanity signing. 

In our current situation we’ve done well to make the exact opposite kind of signing. 

• Like 3

He’s not been much use since 2018. He could of course be class but I don’t get the fanfare as if he’s definitely going to be brilliant - contrast this to the coverage of Trippier starting this season with a drop in form (seemingly not alone at Athleti this season) after having perhaps his best ever season prior to that. I agree with Wykiki that if we had signed Coutinho it would have been an avalanche of negative comments. Of course we do desperately need someone in that creative midfield role….

• Like 2

:lol: So Villa have followed us into interest in Coutinho, Digne, and now Botman, not sure this tactic is going to be feasible for long. Botman only has interest in us as he views us as the next Man City/PSG level project, if it was just money he’d not be interested - which is what Villa would basically offer as tbh their “project” isn’t going far especially with a manager that’s practically begging to manage another club. If they want to pay out the alleged £275k a week in wages to Coutinho and Digne to consolidate their mid table finish more power to them. I look forward to leapfrogging them next season if we stay up this year. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

The idea that Villa have just announced that they'll match whatever Newcastle offer for Botman man. "Yeah yeah whatever they say we'll do too." :lol:

They’re about to get a hard dose of reality with regards to nobody wanting to grace that shithole. Coutinho must be pissing his sides, he’s been coasting for years

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

They’re about to get a hard dose of reality with regards to nobody wanting to grace that shithole. Coutinho must be pissing his sides, he’s been coasting for years

Aye also you can only match a club with UNLIMITED MONEY for so long :lol: 

• Haha 4

Vanity signing for Gerrard, Coutinho. The bloke on the Athletic Podcast was making the point that they've got this Buendia lad in that role, so it doesn't make much sense as it stunts his development just as he's finding his way. 

I think Gerrard just wanted to show everyone what a big boy he is. If he nicks Botman out from under us, I'll give him his propers.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

I hope they do bid and he picks us over them, then in his presser he talks about what an amazing, mahoosive club we are and even though other offers were higher he sees a project to go to the top here. Then he specifically says he is buzzing to live in Newcastle, he thinks Birmingham is what Trippier told him “a total shithole”, then he does the People’s elbow on Edwards by saying he alone cost £50m. 

• Haha 9

• Tom locked this topic