The Entirely Reasonable Potential Transfers Thread

Ayatollah Hermione

I'm admittedly no clarko, so I'm sure there's much more in depth stats out there if you care to look for them. but....

wood has played in 17 league games, 3 league cup and 1 fa cup and chipped in with 3 goals and no assists. so says the bbc.

as we've only got 19 games left and assuming he carried on in the same vein then it would appear he's not really gonna have much impact on our desperate cause.

Burnley on a whole have had a shit season and his supply chain has been thwatred I assume.   Like others have said he gets the service like we did yesterday and he scores.

I am really not hopeful we will have a new striker in this week.  We are down IMO.

• Like 1

After yesterday I absolutely want him gone. I always thought he was worth keeping around due to the squad rules but tbh he’s completely fucked me off.

He’s a lad from Newcastle, with the club on the verge of potentially having this insane level of improvement, wouldn’t you think he’d be grafting his bollocks off to improve/help the team? Like how Joelinton is despite all of his limitations. I know Joelinton is clearly a better athlete and presence but Longstaff could at least fucking run. To layer on he was happy to fuck off down the tunnel with the rest of the quitters while Trippier stood on the pitch yelling at them to clap the fans, his fellow geordies who sold out the fucking ground to watch him walk about the pitch putting on one of the worst individual performances I’ve seen (might be harsh? But it was honestly embarrassing). Again add on that he has allegedly been demanding £60k a week which is why there’s been no new deal, and pushing for a move to fucking Everton, again despite the project happening at his fucking hometown club! While people will point out he’s a limited player and will likely lose his spot that’s such a fucking losers attitude, if he grafts his fucking bollocks off he could possibly be a squad player, maybe even be around to win a cup with Newcastle - and honestly if he sees it that way I also don’t see him getting into Evertons CM neither so he’d be a squad member there anyway. Another thing I’ve heard is that it’s his dad leaking things to the chronic, so he’s likely the famous mole of Bruce’s shambolic reign - again as much as Bruce is a prick you’re exposing issues about your hometown club publicly. 

Seeing people like Manquillo, ASM, and Shelvey run off the pitch as fast as they could is bad enough but as noted above this lad has pissed me right off. I’d bring in a CM unregister him and put him in the U-23’s for the remainder of his contract. 

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Snap their fucking hands off

Longstaff is an eighties throwback who was a  young dad in his twenties but looked like a bloke in his forties. (Been playing like a bloke in his forties too).

I will say in fairness though, that it's perhaps not through want of trying and money that we aren't attracting the type of player we want in terms of quality. That's likely especially the case in the attacking areas. The aforementioned of course is dependent on these links to Cantwell and Wood being based on fact. I suppose maybe it's a good thing that there seemingly aren't a plethora of quality mercenary players, who will go to a club if you bung them an extra 100 grand a week, over their choice that was made mostly on the basis of football. 

I don't think Cantwell is an answer to our problems in the short term, very decent squad player of course as long we bring in other starting eleven targets, but, and I could be wrong, I would assume Cantwell's refusal to sign a contract has something to do with him being frozen out. 

The lack of games could be because of issues over him not signing a contract? He looked good last time they were in the PL and I think he was decent last season in the championship. I’d like to see him come in, but still think we need steel in CM, then we’d have a bit of creativity in Cantwell, Joe as the runner/shuttler/number 8, and then a proper defensive midfielder. The issue is these are a lot of targets to get in time for these matches and we’re already only a week before they start. 

26 minutes ago, Howay said:

The lack of games could be because of issues over him not signing a contract? He looked good last time they were in the PL and I think he was decent last season in the championship. I’d like to see him come in, but still think we need steel in CM, then we’d have a bit of creativity in Cantwell, Joe as the runner/shuttler/number 8, and then a proper defensive midfielder. The issue is these are a lot of targets to get in time for these matches and we’re already only a week before they start. 

The fans on the Norwich forum seem to think he's a bit of a Longstaff. Looked mint when he started and is a bit shite now 

• Sad 1

18 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

The fans on the Norwich forum seem to think he's a bit of a Longstaff. Looked mint when he started and is a bit shite now 

Suppose they would know better. Personally as things stand I’d welcome him, unless some better target/link surfaces as I’m really worried we aren’t discussing CM’s enough. We have absolutely nothing in the centre of the park aside from Joelinton grafting his bollocks off. My worry is if they improve the defence and bring in a striker they might think that’s enough, but IMO it would be still really dicey as we’d have nobody to link the play and still be creating nothing through the middle. 

As much as anything else, we just need players that aren't the ones we've currently got. Even a 10% ability upgrade with a 50% confidence/attitude/belief upgrade would be a lot better than what we saw yesterday. 

• Like 4

I was under the impression that Cantwell wasn’t getting a game due to personal issues but I could be wrong on that. Either way, he’s a definite improvement on the likes of Fraser and Almiron IMO and is the kind of player we should be rounding the squad out with.

Wood would (lol) be an easy signing for me, like. He’s an improvement on the striker which we have now which is nobody but on a more serious tack, outside of this season, his record has been more than solid, he’s a real physical presence, can hold the ball up, good at attacking corners and will relish Trippier knocking crosses into the box for him. It makes perfect sense to me. He’s a far better player than that flat track bully Mitrovic, like

• Like 4

Aye, everyone at the club, including the fucking players, has had the weekend off. 

Tomorrow I expect to see more TRANSFER WINDOW INSANITY. It's the most exciting thing about the club atm. 

Let's have deals agreed Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday please. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Tom locked this topic