The Entirely Reasonable Potential Transfers Thread

Ayatollah Hermione

21 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Hopefully that's the coffers empty for them and we can sign Botman in peace, without that scouse copycat sticking his beak in. 

:lol: We should just start pretend going for all the overpaid, lazy ex superstars throughout Europe so Steeeeeeevie Geeeeee can piss all of Villas budget on them. 

• Haha 1

So Vlahovic and Botman pre Cambridge, Cantwell and Wood post Cambridge. Talk about making our expectations realistic again. At least it feels more like the club we all know. Hamza Choudhury in on loan next...

• Like 1

The unfortunate fact is that regardless of money and what we can pay in fees and wages, getting a striker in that costs 50 to 70m, or rather is actually worth that much, is not happening for us in this January window. If we manage to stay up it will be difficult even in the summer market. I think we need to target a player like a Dzeko, as in someone with undoubted quality but who's at a point in their career where they would conceivably join us. Dzeko it would appear isn't moving of course, at least according to the Inter owner. We should also target a young up and coming striker like a Nketiah, but I think we could perhaps do better if looked outside the league, given his record isn't stellar at least in the PL. I know his record in the cups is decent. The only point he would have going for him is experience playing in the premier. 

15 minutes ago, Chaser said:

So Vlahovic and Botman pre Cambridge, Cantwell and Wood post Cambridge. Talk about making our expectations realistic again. At least it feels more like the club we all know. Hamza Choudhury in on loan next...

Tbf we’re still in for Botman and the Wood link is 100% Luke Edwards making shite up. 

• Like 1

Just now, Howay said:

Tbf we’re still in for Botman and the Wood link is 100% Luke Edwards making shite up. 

I reckon the Wood link is him trying to catch out some of the people hes accused of stealing his stories, hes a sad enough bastard to do it.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Rondon for Longstaff swap?

That's actually not the worst shout, at least for a short term solution, but I doubt Rafa would be willing to let him go given he's cover for DCL who's only just gotten fit after his big layoff. Granted Rondon hasn't been great for them, and iirc was more or less benched in favour of playing a false 9 with Richarlison or whoever else. 

51 minutes ago, Chaser said:

:lol:

it's been a weekend somewhat on the deflating side.

Why would anyone have moved on to Botman in the first place?  :lol:

I said this a couple of weeks ago but it bares repeating...what NUFC are attempting to pull off this month is difficult to the point of very unlikely given our league position...

• Tom locked this topic