The Entirely Reasonable Potential Transfers Thread

Ayatollah Hermione

Wood sounds massively underwhelming as a possible signing and you’d have to think he’ll cost much more than he’s worth to prize him away from a main relegation rival.

As a kiwi it’s kinda cool. But gee a 1-in-3 forward and downgrade on Wilson wasn’t what I was hoping for as our first attacking signing. There’s managing expectations and then there’s just flat out removing expectations.

Some knobhead on twitter saying he’s class cause he has 30 goals in 60 games for his country. Never mind most of those games are against islands in the pacific where they train with coconuts instead of footballs.

22 minutes ago, toonotl said:

Wood sounds massively underwhelming as a possible signing and you’d have to think he’ll cost much more than he’s worth to prize him away from a main relegation rival.

As a kiwi it’s kinda cool. But gee a 1-in-3 forward and downgrade on Wilson wasn’t what I was hoping for as our first attacking signing. There’s managing expectations and then there’s just flat out removing expectations.

Some knobhead on twitter saying he’s class cause he has 30 goals in 60 games for his country. Never mind most of those games are against islands in the pacific where they train with coconuts instead of footballs.

Reported 

• Haha 2

He’d be a good signing for where we are tbh. He scores about 1 in 3 which is decent at shite teams, and I think his presence helps create goals as he’s a big busy bastard. My only thing is it’s absolutely not happening :lol: Burnley would want so much for him we could surely go and get someone better and younger. 

Obviously underwhelming compared to Vlahovic, but I think he’d help us stay up (provided we got what we needed elsewhere). Either way there’s no chance of it happening

Edited by Howay
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Linked to Chris Wood now. Underwhelming, but he's got more chance of getting in the end of crosses and long balls than anyone else in our team atm. Not sure why Burnley would sell us their first choice striker either 

Relax. I’ve just seen the author is.

7379DA34-BED7-420A-8AD4-2ABAE5388D5D.jpeg

• Haha 7

He'd be a decent option tbf. He'd be something different as a focal point of our attack and since our squad is almost entirely equipped to set up to play on the counter we saw yesterday what happens when we have to try and open up and push a team thats defending well sitting back in a low block - we are toothless. Apparently we put 35 crosses into their box and had no one effective to get their head on any of them really.. he wouldnt be a terrible option on this reason alone and has a decent record. Would rather Mitrovic back though as someone already said :lol:

Edited by 247
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

People have been saying we need players with Prem experiance than turn their noses up at him.  Who do they think we're going to get? Lukaku? 

I'm quite happy having Wood and Lukaku. :good:

• Haha 3

• Tom locked this topic