The Entirely Reasonable Potential Transfers Thread

Ayatollah Hermione

15 minutes ago, LondonBlue said:

As for next year, i'm not so sure i would worry about going down. You'd have the time of your lives coming back up. And it will never happen again. I used to love those promotion seasons.

one of the most memorable seasons for me ever was the 83/84 promotion season. fucking fantastic.

the two games against your lot were tremendous as you were right in the mix with ourselves, chelsea and sheff wed.

5-0 at home in the fucking ludicrous official 33,000 crowd, (it felt like there was that in the corner of the gallowgate) if it wasn't for alex williams in goal for you that day we would've hit double figures, he was superb.

2-1 at your place, shared a third of the kippax stand with yous and spent as much time watching and avoiding the half bricks yous were lobbing at us as I did watching the match. particularly fraught half an hour after the game 3 of us spent wandering around moss side trying to find the luton bedford we'd travelled down in having become detached from the rest of the lads whilst simultaneously trying to avoid hordes of marauding mancs.

I loved the 80s match day experience I did!

:)

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

new team shaping up like 

---------------dubravka

trippier---botman---diego carlos---digne

----wijnaldum---ramsey---joelinton

------origi------vlahovic---ASM  

• Haha 6

30 minutes ago, Howay said:

It’s weird how wrong Luke Edwards was that we’d only have £50m to spend this window isn’t it? It’s almost like he knows absolutely fucking nowt. 

i reckon your owners will look to do the same as ours.

1. invest like crazy on and off the pitch
  2. Get you into the big time
  3. make you financially self sustainable
  4. sit back and relax

i think the last time our owners put their own money into the club was 2013-14. then we sold a chunk (10%?) of the holding group to the chinese to pay for the full back splurge and another chunk of the club to an american investment group, silverlake i think.

all the talk about arab money is uninformed nonsense. around 2b has been invested in the group worldwide and its now valued at around 4b. 

take the above with a pinch of salt as i tend to read and forget.

• Like 2

I wonder if our lot have decided that, in order to not be hampered by our fair market value on sponsorship deals being aligned with bottom half clubs, to just fucking go for it early doors. 

It certainly seems like we're ready to drop £100m+ this window. 

• Like 2

It is clear to me that the club seem to be  willing to spend to the maximum that is allowed. It is also clear to me that Eddie Howe is prudent and won't be suckered into shit deals with shit players.

The club is in a good place

15 minutes ago, Howay said:

Btw, why is the picture of Trippier our media team keep using the one of him clearly meaning to point to the badge but pointing to his shoulder? :lol: why use that one?

He’s on trend obvs

7A351F0C-ACE7-47B4-AA60-C5A485B31E03.jpeg

• Haha 6

9 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Classic Aussie behaviour. I bet you underline your nose too. 

One of the only things I will really underline is your love of overhead kicks.

Tomorrow, and possibly the day after I will have to  underline other things so please look forward to that. 

19 minutes ago, Ken said:

Sorry for the underlining. Why can't I get my normal toontsstic emojis btw? 😡

13 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Classic Aussie behaviour. I bet you underline your nose too. 

Also, Shiraz. 

The answer for Ken is always Shiraz

:nufc:

( if you hit the emoticon button then scroll all the down, Ken, you’ll find the old TT ones there. :crazypilot:)

• Tom locked this topic