The Entirely Reasonable Potential Transfers Thread

Ayatollah Hermione

Just now, Gemmill said:

What's this Ndombele lad like who's just parped in Conte's face at Spurs? Could we get him on loan til the end of the season? Point to prove. 

Or is he a giant cunt? 

I think about three different managers have tried to get a tune out of him to no success

17 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Gan get Chris Benoit or whatever he’s called from Marseille, just get an actual real life centre half in 

Benoit Badiashile? 

1 minute ago, Gemmill said:

Dave do a voice note with the correct pronunciation and upload it please. 

No.

It's Ben-Wah Baddy-a-sheela

• Like 1

Just now, Dr Gloom said:

shades of mike ashley

It has always been likely that it will be difficult to sign players in January, especially considering our position.

The difference is that we are actually trying to get quality players and are making real offers.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

It has always been likely that it will be difficult to sign players in January, especially considering our position.

The difference is that we are actually trying to get quality players and are making real offers.

Agreed, my worry is they (from the outside) don’t seem to be showing enough urgency in general.

Maybe they’re trying really hard and just getting brick walled at every turn, but my worry is I thought the manager search was a little bit of a farce and took a bit too long, I let them off since they were brand new and a lot was going on. We still don’t have a DoF - if it’s the model they want they’ve had long enough, waiting is fine but you need to show a level of competency which they didn’t really show handling Howe and so far aren’t showing in the transfer market. 

Regarding the window, I was worried no bids were going in prior to the window, I played it off thinking maybe it’s all behind the scenes but then the Trippier deal took pretty much a week to get done, during that time we put in a bid for one other player (two max if we did ever actually bid for Carlos). Over the weekend I’m now assuming no bids went in/discussions advanced? Again an outside assumption but the lack of movement in public today seems to lean to that. If they have given up on Botman I get it, Lille asked to much or whatever things happen, but where’s the contingency? Have they had discussions with ANY other club? Or have they been laser focused on Botman and are only now going to start looking elsewhere - if so our hand has been even further weakened as now all these clubs we are going into negotiations know we’ve missed out on our top target, have a defence that just had their pants pulled down by Joe Ironside, and have realistically 2 days to get at the very least 1 CB in so we can get them into training ahead of Watford. 

Maybe I’m being harsh but honestly they’re not moving decisively enough. I don’t know what’s stopping them putting in bids for multiple targets at once and seeing how the bids are received, it may even strengthen our hand (a little bit) if clubs sense we might go elsewhere and clearly have other options as we have bids in. Again, maybe I’m being unrealistic or maybe things are happening that we aren’t seeing but so far all I’m seeing is very slow movement and them focusing on trying to pay what they see as a completely fair price. 

• Like 7

https://www.90min.com/posts/newcastle-hugo-ekitike-30m-advanced-talks-reims-transfer

In advanced talks to sign a 19 year old French striker from Reims according to 90minutes. I've no idea how reliable 90 Minutes are, but this lad has scored 8 in 17 games this season, but is largely unproven obviously given his age. Could be a great addition to the squad if true, but we'd hopefully be going for someone with a bit of experience as well. 

Edited by Polarboy

31 minutes ago, Howay said:

Agreed, my worry is they (from the outside) don’t seem to be showing enough urgency in general.

Maybe they’re trying really hard and just getting brick walled at every turn, but my worry is I thought the manager search was a little bit of a farce and took a bit too long, I let them off since they were brand new and a lot was going on. We still don’t have a DoF - if it’s the model they want they’ve had long enough, waiting is fine but you need to show a level of competency which they didn’t really show handling Howe and so far aren’t showing in the transfer market. 

Regarding the window, I was worried no bids were going in prior to the window, I played it off thinking maybe it’s all behind the scenes but then the Trippier deal took pretty much a week to get done, during that time we put in a bid for one other player (two max if we did ever actually bid for Carlos). Over the weekend I’m now assuming no bids went in/discussions advanced? Again an outside assumption but the lack of movement in public today seems to lean to that. If they have given up on Botman I get it, Lille asked to much or whatever things happen, but where’s the contingency? Have they had discussions with ANY other club? Or have they been laser focused on Botman and are only now going to start looking elsewhere - if so our hand has been even further weakened as now all these clubs we are going into negotiations know we’ve missed out on our top target, have a defence that just had their pants pulled down by Joe Ironside, and have realistically 2 days to get at the very least 1 CB in so we can get them into training ahead of Watford. 

Maybe I’m being harsh but honestly they’re not moving decisively enough. I don’t know what’s stopping them putting in bids for multiple targets at once and seeing how the bids are received, it may even strengthen our hand (a little bit) if clubs sense we might go elsewhere and clearly have other options as we have bids in. Again, maybe I’m being unrealistic or maybe things are happening that we aren’t seeing but so far all I’m seeing is very slow movement and them focusing on trying to pay what they see as a completely fair price. 

last week we were linked with every cunt going. obviously a lot of that will have been bullshit and there will be other stuff we're going on behind closed doors that the hacks haven't picked up on yet, but the way the rumour mill has dried up today is concerning me with the watford game looming, which is massive, and on the back of saturday's shitshow in the cup.

this lot might have all the money in the world but i hope the enormity of the situation hasn't escaped them and they have plan b, c and d sorted in case botman and others collapse, or are left to the last week of the window. there is no time to piss around - we need players in who can improve the team now. 

• Like 1

Are you two having a fanny-off? ;)

I would take the lack of rumour mill activity as indication that we have zeroed in and are working on a few targets. 

Although I did absolutely love being linked with every player on the planet. 

• Haha 1

Yeah. In 72 hours we've gone from bidding £70mil on 2 CB's and being interested in Vlahovic, to signing players from Burnley and Norwich, to all of our bids have been rejected and we are playing our relegation 6 pointer against Watford with no strikers :( 

• Like 5

• Tom locked this topic