The Entirely Reasonable Potential Transfers Thread

Ayatollah Hermione

Sky Sports News

Breaking news - Newcastle desperate for a striker

Newcastle are desperately trying to sign a striker before Saturday's relegation crunch at home to Watford.

Callum Wilson will be missing for at least two months with a calf injury picked up in the previous match against Manchester United.

The St James' Park club are interested in the likes of Dominic Solanke, Patrick Schick, Chris Wood, Divock Origi and Sardar Azmoun. 

1 minute ago, Dr Gloom said:

is it hyperbolic to suggest we need a central defender, a left back, a creative midfielder and a striker before the watford game? :lol:

Aye we don't need all of that just to beat Watford. It would certainly make it easier though. 

19 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Well the hard part is convincing the player though. And in Botman's case, all reports suggest his bags are packed. 

Lille don't want to sell and they're now messing us about moving goal posts with prices.  We don't have time at the moment to be fucking about.

7 minutes ago, trooper said:

Sky Sports News

Breaking news - Newcastle desperate for a striker

Newcastle are desperately trying to sign a striker before Saturday's relegation crunch at home to Watford.

Callum Wilson will be missing for at least two months with a calf injury picked up in the previous match against Manchester United.

The St James' Park club are interested in the likes of Dominic Solanke, Patrick Schick, Chris Wood, Divock Origi and Sardar Azmoun. 

schick would be exciting - he looked class in the euros and has scored goals throughout his career - but is he going to leave leverkusen @Isegrim

solanke feels like more of a punt, though he has scored goals for bournemouth in the championship. fuck knows about azmoun  - an iranian who has scored goal;s for fun in russia. 

12 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Aye we don't need all of that just to beat Watford. It would certainly make it easier though. 

after our performance at the weekend, i don't know. a new striker is an absolute must 

16 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

is it hyperbolic to suggest we need a central defender, a left back, a creative midfielder and a striker before the watford game? :lol:

It is. 

2 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Lille don't want to sell and they're now messing us about moving goal posts with prices.  We don't have time at the moment to be fucking about.

Is that right though? I thought they'd knocked back our first offer and told us what they want in terms of price/add ons. Which in and of itself is a sign that a deal is there to be done. 

We've gone back with the price they want but a difference on add ons. And since then there's been no rejected bid. 

Which I've taken to mean that we're in negotiation over the add ons. I haven't heard any more than that unless I've missed something. 

1 minute ago, Dr Gloom said:

BREAKING - CT needs to lose some holiday weight

From the face-palm reaction he's just given to me saying I've got holiday weight to shift, I reckon he must still be cutting the circulation to his legs off with those 32 inch pre-ripped Geordie Jeans with the graphics down the legs. 

just give them what the want and sign the cunt now, or move on. we're not in a position to be haggling till late in the window. we need players in yesterday. we can strike a harder bargain in the summer if we manage to survive

• Like 5

Just now, Gemmill said:

From the face-palm reaction he's just given to me saying I've got holiday weight to shift, I reckon he must still be cutting the circulation to his legs off with those 32 inch pre-ripped Geordie Jeans with the graphics down the legs. 

Some of us stuck with Keto. :lol: 

Just now, Christmas Tree said:

Some of us stuck with Keto. :lol: 

I'm doing sub 100g of carbs per day instead. Started again in January. Piece of piss and the weight is dropping off but I can still have potatoes and stuff. 

Keto is amazing but it can fuck off. 

And BTW we ALL know that the only reason you've come into the New Year without a muffin top is cos you had covid and ZERO taste over the Christmas. 

• Haha 3

• Tom locked this topic