The Entirely Reasonable Potential Transfers Thread

Ayatollah Hermione

16 hours ago, 247 said:

Can you show me the other club on this list that have just been taken over by the richest owners in the world? And are in a dire situation without a fit striker, the worst defence in the league and have stated ambition to win trophies not to far down the road? Comparing us with anyone else on there is apples and oranges mate. Dont get me wrong I was pissing the bed yesterday before the Wood news and Wood is a long way to a good window but its not looking like we will get a CB before Watford, thats half the window gone by the time we play them. 

Maybe I am being a spoiled naive twat here, but with all the noise around the club before the window opened I guess having 3 players in before the biggest game of our season and half way through the window was to much to expect. 

Half the window gone with 2 signings made and progress on others. It's entirely possible that Sevilla accept the bid, Carlos signs and is on the bench for Watford. It's  possible that we agree fees for 6 players today and they're all in Tilleys celebrating a 7-0 thrashing of Watford with Isak and Wood getting a hattrick each!

It's also possible that it takes until the end of the window to get in the players. Fine. That still leaves sufficient time in the season to get 4 points more than the other 4 teams at the bottom of the league.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Half the window gone with 2 signings made and progress on others. It's entirely possible that Sevilla accept the bid, Carlos signs and is on the bench for Watford. It's  possible that we agree fees for 6 players today and they're all in Tilleys celebrating a 7-0 thrashing of Watford with Isak and Wood getting a hattrick each!

It's also possible that it takes until the end of the window to get in the players. Fine. That still leaves sufficient time in the season to get 4 points more than the other 4 teams at the bottom of the league.

if we lose to watford we are 5 points behind the team we need to chase down, having played a game more. still time to turn it around, but so much hinges on this game. i'm impressed that we acted swiftly with the wood signing. hopefully one more arrives in time to play on saturday. 

11 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

if we lose to watford we are 5 points behind the team we need to chase down, having played a game more. still time to turn it around, but so much hinges on this game. i'm impressed that we acted swiftly with the wood signing. hopefully one more arrives in time to play on saturday. 

I think you're over-estimating the importance of this game. But I take your overall point; we need to movew fast. 

I think we have moved as quickly as we can, but are being stymied by other clubs. All of whom have their own issues to resolve and aren't in the rush we are, so.... chill Winston.

1 minute ago, Gemmill said:

All of which means that the urgency is still in place for EKITIKE/CARLOS. 

if we sign those two before the weekend's deadline my sheets will be damp alright  :wank: 

5 minutes ago, The Fish said:

I think you're over-estimating the importance of this game. But I take your overall point; we need to movew fast. 

I think we have moved as quickly as we can, but are being stymied by other clubs. All of whom have their own issues to resolve and aren't in the rush we are, so.... chill Winston.

watford is your proverbial 6 pointer. it's all about momentum too. a win at the weekend, combined with the new faces, and the promise of a few more, and it will feel like the force is with us.

lose again, and we will be bottling up that cambridge feeling for another week. signing the players we want will be even more difficult. 

• Like 1

• Tom locked this topic