The Entirely Reasonable Potential Transfers Thread

Ayatollah Hermione

3 hours ago, aimaad22 said:

30M bids flying in left right and centre it seems :D 

Is that the limit on the Visa before MBS needs to approve?

• Haha 2

52 minutes ago, OTF said:

Is that the limit on the Visa before MBS needs to approve?

You know that's actually quite possible. If not MBS then there's a Sheikh or two above Al Rumayyan who comes in weekly, for instance, to sanction transactions and sign off payments. Having worked in finance for companies owned by royals in the UAE, one of the regular headaches  was to get the payments into his highness's office in time for his hourly visit every Thursday, if he managed to get off his yacht that is. 

I wonder how PIF are structuring NUFC related transactions now, in the early days after the takeover and the DOF thing we did suspect issues in getting things approved right? Thankfully they seem to have worked something out for now. 

After the Cambridge debacle Al-Rumayyan probably stationed himself on a yacht somewhere for January, making sure his highness's fingers move away from the sheesha long enough to press the approve button on his laptop. 

All these players that have been linked to are shite anyway, why arnt we looking at the likes of Griezmann? He said himself that he played football manager as Newcastle and even signed himself so he clearly wants to come here, come on Mandy chuck some cash his way. 

We should have signed at least 5 players by now as well, why hasn’t Wood even been announced? I mean I don’t even want him but we need a striker for Watford, knowing our luck he caught a pretty severe case of the black plague before leaving Burnley and will be out of action for a few months.. fuck sake man. I know it sounds like I’m complaining but we really should be doing better here.  

Mandy, Mehrdad. Get it together man.

Edited by 247
  • Haha 1

Last I heard on Wood was that the medical is done and dusted and they were working on personal terms. Probably get announced this morning. 

If there's any chance of these other lads (Ekitike/Carlos) being in for Saturday, they need to be flying in for medicals today realistically. 

Even then, with Dr Slowcoach in charge we might miss the deadline. 

So aye, possibly a big day today? Wood announced and two other blokes jetting in? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

If there's any chance of these other lads (Ekitike/Carlos) being in for Saturday, they need to be flying in for medicals today realistically. 

Even then, with Dr Slowcoach in charge we might miss the deadline. 

So aye, possibly a big day today? Wood announced and two other blokes jetting in? 

I think Wood is our only new signing before Watford.

The time it's taking to announce these players is just odd. 

12 hours ago, aimaad22 said:

30M bids flying in left right and centre it seems :D 

our first crop of players all seemed to be around the 20-30m range too, david silva and yaya toure being two pretty unbelievably good examples. trippier (our academy) and wood look to be a pretty decent start. how many more this window i wonder. i won't comment on that as i don't know who is or isn't loved.

• Tom locked this topic