Other Games 21/22: Talk about Actual Football

Ayatollah Hermione

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

Fair play to Gerrard like. The scouse cunt has fully ushered Villa away from any bother. I really wanted him to be a disaster. 

Aston Villa have played one more game than Everton and have 3 more points. If Everton win their game in hand, will they have been fully ushered away from any bother :lol: 

Both teams are a long way off us though, so I think neither has anything to worry about still ;) 

Edited by Rayvin

We will finish above them both. I’ve decided I’m supremely confident about us staying up now as all these teams are absolutely shit, if we buy well we’ll be fine. The fact we have won 1 game and are only 2 points from safety is bonkers. 

7 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Aston Villa have played one more game than Everton and have 3 more points. If Everton win their game in hand, will they have been fully ushered away from any bother :lol: 

Both teams are a long way off us though, so I think neither has anything to worry about still ;) 

They were on 10 points when Gerrard took the job btw. He's picked up 1.5 points per game since to take them to 22 points..... making me..... RIGHT! 

2 minutes ago, Howay said:

We will finish above them both. I’ve decided I’m supremely confident about us staying up now as all these teams are absolutely shit, if we buy well we’ll be fine. The fact we have won 1 game and are only 2 points from safety is bonkers. 

Aye, if we put any sort of string of results together, we'll be out of the clarts and looking upwards. Burnley have played twice since we took our mid-season break and have lost twice. 

I'd really like to see some signings arriving this week though. Trippier starting today suggests that isn't as advanced as we'd all thought/hoped, and he was meant to be first through the door. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Aye, if we put any sort of string of results together, we'll be out of the clarts and looking upwards. Burnley have played twice since we took our mid-season break and have lost twice. 

I'd really like to see some signings arriving this week though. Trippier starting today suggests that isn't as advanced as we'd all thought/hoped, and he was meant to be first through the door. 

I’m personally not worried about the Trippier one, he seems to be a regular starter for Athletico and I’m sure they’re not bothered about selling him it’s more him wanting to move back to England, so I think it’s fairly natural they’d play him until he leaves. The bid yesterday was just a show of intent from our lot iyam, I think we will bid on Monday and hopefully get negotiations done by Tuesday, it’s fairly likely people weren’t really working much over NY’s weekend. My hope though is that we’ve got more going on this week than just Trippier, I really think we need 2-3 in by next weekend as January is a shit time to buy and it only gets worse the further into the window you get as teams get more hesitant to sell. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I seem to remember you insisting we were dead and buried after the Brentford game. So you can shut your face. :cuppa:

Here is the post you're referring to :lol: "Insisting". It's completely balanced man.

On 20/11/2021 at 19:22, Rayvin said:

Not winning that game is the first moment that's really made me think we might go down here. That was a cast iron must win game given what we've got ahead of us, and failing to do so is worrying. Scoring 3 is great and encouraging but where are we going to get this defensive robustness from. Dubravka is going to have to come in hitting the ground running IMO.

No reflection on Howe though - in fact it seems like he's had a positive impact in several areas which is great news really. Will he get on top of this quick enough though.

28 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Most people watching that game came away with some hope. :lol:

"The new manager appears to have got a performance out of us after only a week in charge. NOW I think we're going to get relegated." :razz:

Fair enough ;) 

36 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

How the fuck hasn't Mane not been sent off? 

There's an argument he shouldn't get sent off, (I think he should've), however if that's one of ours doing the same thing there's more made of it and he's 100% getting a red card. :lol:

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

There's an argument he shouldn't get sent off, (I think he should've), however if that's one of ours doing the same thing there's more made of it and he's 100% getting a red card. :lol:

Even Sourness said it was a red!