Other Games 21/22: Talk about Actual Football

Ayatollah Hermione

6 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Tbh that's no more a red card than Kane's should've been. Kane's more dangerous a tackle. Shergar will be going daft after the game as they could've had a pen as well, obviously not as blatant as ours but a bigger deal will be made, naturally.

That Kane one was worse IMO. Both reds 

• Like 1

Reading fixture lists is for wimps. I go seat of the pants. 

BTW going ahead with week 19 and postponing week 20 is crackers. I hope the Man United lads all eat a bad sprout at xmas cos it's absolute bullshit that they've had this break off. 

Just watching the scous/coy game.

The officiating is truly terrible. Kane should've been red carded. Salah clearly handballed for the scous second and there is an argument for Ali to get a pen before it with AA putting a clear hand in his back. Hilarious listening to the commentators make every excuse possible to explain why Salah hadn't handballed btw. I'm so sick of commentators acting as spin merchants for their side. It's so tiresome.

Just seen Robertson's 'side-footed' hack which is apparently only a yellow for the scous-bias commentator. All good. Never toe punt. Now it's the tot player's fault for 'instigating the foul'. Unbelievable. Ref did everything he could to avoid giving the PL golden boys a red there didn't he. VAR doing it's job for once. Made it too obvious even for these refs.

And ... here goes camel mouth blowing up deluxe over the red when his player has just tried to murder someone. Love it.

23 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Reading fixture lists is for wimps. I go seat of the pants. 

BTW going ahead with week 19 and postponing week 20 is crackers. I hope the Man United lads all eat a bad sprout at xmas cos it's absolute bullshit that they've had this break off. 

Game 19 is the halfway point of the season. Everyone's played everyone once. If COVID goes ballistic it's easier for them to cancel the season and finish the table as it stands 

On 19/12/2021 at 18:11, Howmanheyman said:

Tbh that's no more a red card than Kane's should've been. Kane's more dangerous a tackle. Shergar will be going daft after the game as they could've had a pen as well, obviously not as blatant as ours but a bigger deal will be made, naturally.

Tremendous

• Haha 1

On 20/12/2021 at 05:18, wykikitoon said:

That Kane one was worse IMO. Both reds 

The distinction was Kane was going for the ball where-as Robertson was a Shelvey'esque kicking out where he was clearly just kicking the player, really stupid stuff. Kane is a prick though, remember than Lejeune tackle? So even though I think a yellow was ok for it I would have been happier if he got a red.

10 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Why's that Villa lad not been sent off for bringing Lujaku down about 10 yards from goal, bearing down on the keeper? 

They didn't have an answer for Lukaku. Do you mean the fullback (Target) of the second defender (Konsa), I think Target could have been sent off but the second defender has bot done much wrong, Lukaku was probably out of gas and rather than give the defender any chance of a play on the ball he stuck his elbow out and gave the defender nowhere to go but into him. Well played Lukaku, tough luck to Konsa but no red. Possibly Target could have copped a red but because Konsa got near enough to foul him probably got away with it. The irony is that Target should have moved in front of Lukaku initially I think he may have thought he'd have enough pace to get to the ball but by the time he realised he didn't it was too late. Impressive show of athleticism by Lukaku.