Other Games 21/22: Talk about Actual Football

Ayatollah Hermione

12 hours ago, ohhh_yeah said:

The keeper should of ran out and booted him.

I thought it was quite funny. Although admittedly not as funny as if he’d missed 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Rangnick looks a fucking belter mind. :lol: Thank fuck they had enough to twat Burnley the other night. 

Isn't he the godfather of pressing football? Who thought it was a good idea to put him in charge of a team containing Ronaldo, Fernandes and Pogba?

First thing I'd do in the Summer would be peddle those 3. Rashford, Greenwood, Sancho, Mctominay, Wan Bissaka, Dean Henderson etc are the players they should be building the team around 

• Like 1

Michels, Lobanovskyi and some others might want a word re: the origins of the high press like ;) which, incidentally had nothing to do with PEDs being taken or ‘vitamin supplements’ as they used to call them 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Alex said:

Michels, Lobanovskyi and some others might want a word re: the origins of the high press like ;) which, incidentally had nothing to do with PEDs being taken or ‘vitamin supplements’ as they used to call them 

Take it up with Jurgen Klopp ;) 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10243349/amp/Klopp-Tuchel-regard-mentor-Ralph-Rangnick-Godfather-Gegenpress.html

24 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

I wasn’t having a dig at you, I’d assumed he’d been called it by someone well known in the football world who hadn’t  realised it’s not a recent phenomenon

Also agree re: Man Utd. The Ronaldo signing reeks of being a signing to sell replica kits. I think I more or less said the same on here re: Pogba too. Man Utd wouldn’t have signed a past it Ronaldo if they weren’t an also ran 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Alex said:

Also agree re: Man Utd. The Ronaldo signing reeks of being a signing to sell replica kits. I think I more or less said the same on here re: Pogba too. Man Utd wouldn’t have signed a past it Ronaldo if they weren’t an also ran 

It’s a continuation of this arrogance they’ve rolled over from the Ferguson era, where it’s like this assumption the club is some amazing entity and it definitely wasn’t just down to Ferguson and other staff/the set up. All this “it’s the yanaited way” shite. Ronaldo was a panic buy due to Manchester City’s interest in him, it was that we can’t let a club we see as below us get our club legend arrogance at play, so they bought him to try and prove they’re still the big boys (and thus shift more shirts as you mention). 

Since Ferguson has left there’s been absolutely no logic to most their signings other than to grab names, or what they saw as the upcoming stars. No attempt to buy to fit a system they intended on playing. Contrast that with Manchester City, Liverpool, and Chelsea who all identify players that fit their system - City buying Rodri a player who, while was a very good player at Villarreal and Athletico, wasn’t a superstar name but was the perfect fit for Guardiolas system, compared to Manchester United buying Pogba - a superstar name who had been playing a completely different system and role at Juve one they never tried to replicate. 

I think Ronaldo himself likely knows he made a bad decision electing to go to Manchester United over Man City, imo he’d have been brilliant for Pep with the way they dominate possession and suffocate opposition as he’d have just stood in the box finishing all the moves made by Silva/Grealish/Foden/De Bruyne/Mahrez etc etc. Instead he’s at Manchester United where they have no fucking system, have chop and changed the system over and over with recent managers who have brought in random players who were/are names or had a break out season, they need more from their forward imo they can’t afford to have a player remain so far forward as they don’t dominate like Man City do - I think it’s why they look better when Cavani plays as he brings a lot of energy to the position. The positive here is while it’s clearly not working, they also won’t drop him so we get to watch this brilliant melt down every week where Ronaldo thrashes out at opposition players (see him kicking Curtis Jones on the ground then pretending he was going for the ball, or wildly lashing out at Ryan Fraser before again pretending he was only going for the ball as two examples), or simply whinges at all the players around him. 

I find what’s going on with Barca and their whole “we are back with the big boys in the transfer market” to be a similar type of keeping up with the joneses type nonsense. Long may it continue tbh. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Howay said:

I find what’s going on with Barca and their whole “we are back with the big boys in the transfer market” to be a similar type of keeping up with the Khan's type nonsense. Long may it continue tbh. 

FYP

7 hours ago, Howay said:

It’s a continuation of this arrogance they’ve rolled over from the Ferguson era, where it’s like this assumption the club is some amazing entity and it definitely wasn’t just down to Ferguson and other staff/the set up. All this “it’s the yanaited way” shite. Ronaldo was a panic buy due to Manchester City’s interest in him, it was that we can’t let a club we see as below us get our club legend arrogance at play, so they bought him to try and prove they’re still the big boys (and thus shift more shirts as you mention). 

Since Ferguson has left there’s been absolutely no logic to most their signings other than to grab names, or what they saw as the upcoming stars. No attempt to buy to fit a system they intended on playing. Contrast that with Manchester City, Liverpool, and Chelsea who all identify players that fit their system - City buying Rodri a player who, while was a very good player at Villarreal and Athletico, wasn’t a superstar name but was the perfect fit for Guardiolas system, compared to Manchester United buying Pogba - a superstar name who had been playing a completely different system and role at Juve one they never tried to replicate. 

I think Ronaldo himself likely knows he made a bad decision electing to go to Manchester United over Man City, imo he’d have been brilliant for Pep with the way they dominate possession and suffocate opposition as he’d have just stood in the box finishing all the moves made by Silva/Grealish/Foden/De Bruyne/Mahrez etc etc. Instead he’s at Manchester United where they have no fucking system, have chop and changed the system over and over with recent managers who have brought in random players who were/are names or had a break out season, they need more from their forward imo they can’t afford to have a player remain so far forward as they don’t dominate like Man City do - I think it’s why they look better when Cavani plays as he brings a lot of energy to the position. The positive here is while it’s clearly not working, they also won’t drop him so we get to watch this brilliant melt down every week where Ronaldo thrashes out at opposition players (see him kicking Curtis Jones on the ground then pretending he was going for the ball, or wildly lashing out at Ryan Fraser before again pretending he was only going for the ball as two examples), or simply whinges at all the players around him. 

I find what’s going on with Barca and their whole “we are back with the big boys in the transfer market” to be a similar type of keeping up with the joneses type nonsense. Long may it continue tbh. 

Great post. 

I would have loved the see the Man Utd fans faces if Ronaldo had gone there. Hes nothing but a selfish greasy faced cunt with seeing how much money he has in the bank. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Alex said:

Similar to us extending Shearer's contract when he was past it to camouflage the downward spiral of the club when Souness was here and to get everyone buying into the goal record rather than our position sliding into also rans at best.

• Like 1