Other Games 21/22: Talk about Actual Football

Ayatollah Hermione

:lol:

This thread at the moment.  Everton for me want to be v worried.  They haven't had any results and they look appalling.  Burnley of course with the win yesterday helps them massively, but I do think they have a bit of an edge over Everton because they have the experience of dodging the drop.  Watford & Norwich are down.  We are safe and I think Leeds are too.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

This thread at the moment.  Everton for me want to be v worried.  They haven't had any results and they look appalling.  Burnley of course with the win yesterday helps them massively, but I do think they have a bit of an edge over Everton because they have the experience of dodging the drop.  Watford & Norwich are down.  We are safe and I think Leeds are too.

G-Dogg agrees with Yorkshire-T. Rrrrrecognise. 

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Couldn't have put it better myself. No doubt Captain Tampon will dispute this though.

• Haha 2

Even with Bruce in charge for far too long this season, we've avereaged just over a point a game.  In the last 15 games it's about 1.5 points per game.  If we revert back to our seasons average in our remaining matches we'll get to 39 points no problem.  There's no way we go down with that total this season.  

As it is, I think it's far more likely we break the 40 point barrier.  I'm very confident we will be playing in this division next season.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Burnley have won 4 games all season. Literally none of their games are "winnable" for them in any way shape or form.

Spot on, I don’t get this view point that they’re suddenly going to start some massive run. They beat Spurs and then proceeded to get pumped for the next few games. Everton are absolutely fucking shambolic, sure they beat us but that was in a game where we’d played 3 away games in 8 days and the referee allowed them to kick us off the pitch. 

We played bad second half as we did against Spurs so pretty much 90 minutes of bad football since early January and people are now screaming they can’t see us winning a game. I even saw a bloke having Leicester at home as winnable for Everton, but when it was mentioned we had the same fixture he said we’d get turned over :lol:. I’ve never seen a fixture where one side win a game and suddenly the losing side are seen as possibly going on a run of wins. 

We are talking about sides that don’t win games, so 6-7 points is a massive gap. As pointed out elsewhere even if one of them caught us it’s not enough, it has to be three of them while we also fail to overtake Brentford and Brighton. I flat out don’t understand how people look at Watford away for Everton and say that’s winnable, they lost to Norwich and Burnley away ffs. 

I saw a tweet the other day, that if we only had the points we’d accrued since Howe joined in November we would still be 4 points clear of relegation, it would be 2 points now since Burnley have passed Watford but fucking hell that shows how we’ve been in comparison the the rabble around us. We lost to Chelsea and Tottenham away, realistically the only game you can be annoyed about losing points is Everton away, but we also won Southampton away when most wrote it off. 

If we pick up 4 points, which would be literally calamitous Bruce style form, it would mean Burnley and Everton would BOTH have to get 10-11 points, and Leeds would also need 5. If we go down at this point it would be fucking fully deserved. 

• Like 3

Here's some expert opinion on the relegation chances;

image.thumb.png.14b33bc3967d2f0005ca563b420d58b9.png

They think we have a 6% chance of going down. Six percent.

Bookies

image.thumb.png.313ff3a7397232129cb5b2a1da5def0b.png

Longest odds has us at around 3.8%, shortest about 5.6%

Team Right

We say there's fuck all chance of us going down.

So there you go, 3 different groups with expertise all saying you need to go find your big boy pants.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Howay said:

Spot on, I don’t get this view point that they’re suddenly going to start some massive run. They beat Spurs and then proceeded to get pumped for the next few games. Everton are absolutely fucking shambolic, sure they beat us but that was in a game where we’d played 3 away games in 8 days and the referee allowed them to kick us off the pitch. 

We played bad second half as we did against Spurs so pretty much 90 minutes of bad football since early January and people are now screaming they can’t see us winning a game. I even saw a bloke having Leicester at home as winnable for Everton, but when it was mentioned we had the same fixture he said we’d get turned over :lol:. I’ve never seen a fixture where one side win a game and suddenly the losing side are seen as possibly going on a run of wins. 

We are talking about sides that don’t win games, so 6-7 points is a massive gap. As pointed out elsewhere even if one of them caught us it’s not enough, it has to be three of them while we also fail to overtake Brentford and Brighton. I flat out don’t understand how people look at Watford away for Everton and say that’s winnable, they lost to Norwich and Burnley away ffs. 

I saw a tweet the other day, that if we only had the points we’d accrued since Howe joined in November we would still be 4 points clear of relegation, it would be 2 points now since Burnley have passed Watford but fucking hell that shows how we’ve been in comparison the the rabble around us. We lost to Chelsea and Tottenham away, realistically the only game you can be annoyed about losing points is Everton away, but we also won Southampton away when most wrote it off. 

If we pick up 4 points, which would be literally calamitous Bruce style form, it would mean Burnley and Everton would BOTH have to get 10-11 points, and Leeds would also need 5. If we go down at this point it would be fucking fully deserved. 

Aye. People also seem to be forgetting we haven't played at home for what, a month?  That's a big thing.

• Like 2

We’ve got nearly a 1% chance of qualifying for the CL, and they have it as only 6 times as likely we go down :lol: If that doesn’t show how fucking unlikely we are to go down I don’t know what does. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, wykikitoon said:

Aye. People also seem to be forgetting we haven't played at home for what, a month?  That's a big thing.

Massive yeah, we’ve had 6 away games in our last 7 matches. We’ve averaged far better than a PPG over that run. We’ve won the games we should have won to stay up for the most part and picked up points in ones which were unlikely (West Ham, Southampton)

I still see us getting at least 4 points from the next 4 games which is an incredibly negative prediction given how good we have been at home under Howe. The only team that has beaten us at home in the PL under Howe is Manchester City, but the bloke with 1 PL win under his belt this season is going to storm past us. Is it possible? Of course, is it realistic? No not at all. Give them both wins in their game in hand, that means with the same amount of fixtures played we’ve been 3-4 points better, Everton imo have a harder fixture list than us too. 

The other factor to all of this is there’s a chance we will have both Wilson and Trippier back for Norwich, at worst we have them back for the home game against Arsenal and Burnley away. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Howay said:

I think this bit gets overlooked

image.png.4ed2d5e0c7932c1f98f6d7fead79d68f.png

If we were all to maintain our Points per Game, Newcastle would end up on 40pts, Everton survive on 33, etc.

For Everton to surpass 40pts they'd have to get 15pts from the next 9 games. That's 5 wins man!  15pts from 9 games is 1.7PpG, the kind of form that would grant you 5th position in a league season! But sure, this side that has 7 wins all season is going to somehow dig out Champions League form against... CHAMPIONS LEAGUE LEVEL OPPOSITION!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, The Fish said:

I think this bit gets overlooked

image.png.4ed2d5e0c7932c1f98f6d7fead79d68f.png

If we were all to maintain our Points per Game, Newcastle would end up on 40pts, Everton survive on 33, etc.

For Everton to surpass 40pts they'd have to get 15pts from the next 9 games. That's 5 wins man!  15pts from 9 games is 1.7PpG, the kind of form that would grant you 5th position in a league season! But sure, this side that has 7 wins all season is going to somehow dig out Champions League form against... CHAMPIONS LEAGUE LEVEL OPPOSITION!

:lol: That’s exactly it. It’s also worth noting Lampard’s reaction to this and the Palace losses, it doesn’t seem like he’s on the verge of managing a run like that. Their game in hand on us is Villa away too btw. 

13 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

In that calc thing Craig posted I have finishing on 40

Oh Craig posted it did he? Wonder where Craig found it? Probably on a website Craig made, on the Internet that Craig created, right?

Get off his dick, man, he's not the messiah.

• Haha 11

22 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Oh Craig posted it did he? Wonder where Craig found it? Probably on a website Craig made, on the Internet that Craig created, right?

Get off his dick, man, he's not the messiah.

I never purported to post it originally, that little chestnut was of course your find.  

Have to say though Dave, that's a lot of pent up aggression in response to my name being mentioned. Never knew you cared that much ... :razz:

Edited by Craig

Another thing is I am likely going to be in personal attendance the next 3 home games. WE DON'T LOSE when I go. My chakras and aura must simply boost the team and put fear in the opposition. Guaranteed. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Craig said:

I never purported to post it originally, that little chestnut was of course your find.  

Have to say though Dave, that's a lot of pent up aggression in response to my name being mentioned. Never knew you cared that much ... :razz:

I know you didn't Wykiki just laid that honour upon you. 

(there's no real aggression, I love you all equally. Except you CT. You're in the doghouse until you generate some BDE)

• Haha 4

On 07/04/2022 at 14:24, Renton said:

Another thing is I am likely going to be in personal attendance the next 3 home games. WE DON'T LOSE when I go. My chakras and aura must simply boost the team and put fear in the opposition. Guaranteed. 

Jack Nicholson Reaction GIF by The Academy Awards

• Haha 7

18 minutes ago, Renton said:

Jack Nicholson Reaction GIF by The Academy Awards

you better have your season sorted for next year or you’ll find out what happened when we heard Holden McG had the temerity to watch a game. 

• Haha 2