Other Games 21/22: Talk about Actual Football

Ayatollah Hermione

Got 3 consecutive home matches against fairly mid table teams. I'd like 3 or preferably 4 points from that to feel almost completely safe. Get nowt or 1 point then I'm probably getting worried again. Don't think that will happen and even if it does we've got other winnable games. I do fucking wish we'd beaten Everton though. Then the popcorn would truly be out.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Renton said:

Got 3 consecutive home matches against fairly mid table teams. I'd like 3 or preferably 4 points from that to feel almost completely safe. Get nowt or 1 point then I'm probably getting worried again. Don't think that will happen and even if it does we've got other winnable games. I do fucking wish we'd beaten Everton though. Then the popcorn would truly be out.

i do agree with this mind. We’d have been on 34 points and them on 22. No way they’d have caught us, we’d have been safe.

• Like 1

I just took a look at Brighton’s run in, given they have lost 6 in a row before a home draw against Norwich:

Arsenal, Spurs, and Man City all away are their next 3

Southampton at home

Wolves away

Man Utd home

Leeds away

West Ham home

As I’ve mentioned before I don’t see us going down, if people want to panic that Burnley or Everton will go on some mad runs of form that’s fine but can they genuinely say both will? While Leeds also pick up results, while we don’t even pick up the 4 points needed to get above Brighton? 

5 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Benzema's two headers last night man. :lol:  The control.  Most players can't guide a ball that well with their feet. 

Its great getting to watch him be a striker now rather than being ronaldos servant, he is so so good.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Gemmill said:

image.thumb.png.1ce21bfca54360442d03da2ee685481a.png

:lol:

Lampard basically admitting he doesn't know why his team can't win games. Sounds like a man who deserves to keep getting handed managerial roles. 

could almost have been a sound bite from Steve Bruce, that. 

• Like 1

Everton fans taking Twitter by storm asking for Lampard’s head. It’s not 4 month ago they were demanding they got him! They truly are the Scouse Mackems.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

Frank Lampard 😂

Oh the media darling 😂 how he was lauded as a great manager 😂🤣

I caught ten minutes of your favourite station this morning with The Alchie and The World's Most Boring Brummie discussing Everton's plight and not once did they mention that it might be anything to do with the manager or the tactics. Apparently it's completely down to recruitment and the players. The Dull One's answer to their problems was to let Big Dunc tear strips off them in the dressing room. As easy as that.

• Haha 5

10 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

i liked a draw, which would sap belief from both sides, keeping both right in the shit. It looks even bleaker for Everton now with their fixture list but i was hoping Burnley would just fuck off and die already.

It would appear you are suffering from long pissypants, your main symptoms are gone but some still persist.

Irrespective of last nights result, neither of them are overtaking us

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

2 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

It would appear you are suffering from long pissypants, your main symptoms are gone but some still persist.

Irrespective of last nights result, neither of them are overtaking us

tenor.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Mainstream social media is full of bedwetters this morning that make CT look practically positive. FFS for us to get relegated it would take 3 teams to ALL go on runs the like of which football has never seen. 

We might not be mathematically safe, but we're logically safe. Our focus needs to be on how high up the table we finish and the results for teams below us needs to reflect that. Anything other than a Burnley win last night would have left Everton within 6 points of us with a game in hand. It was irrefutably the best result we could hope for.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Craig said:

Mainstream social media is full of bedwetters this morning that make CT look practically positive. FFS for us to get relegated it would take 3 teams to ALL go on runs the like of which football has never seen. 

We might not be mathematically safe, but we're logically safe. Our focus needs to be on how high up the table we finish and the results for teams below us needs to reflect that. Anything other than a Burnley win last night would have left Everton within 6 points of us with a game in hand. It was irrefutably the best result we could hope for.

As well as the funniest. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

I would like to be mathematically safe sooner rather than later. 

Do you only stop bedwetting when we're mathematically safe like? Fairly sure every team from 9th down aren't mathematically safe. You are in actual fact being a right fanny here. 

• Haha 5

17 minutes ago, Renton said:

Do you only stop bedwetting when we're mathematically safe like? Fairly sure every team from 9th down aren't mathematically safe. You are in actual fact being a right fanny here. 

He's not wrong, Gloom. It's a marathon, not a sprint and advocating the possibility of Everton finishing above us, just for the sake that we are mathematically safe that little bit sooner doesn't help us in the long run. 

We'll be absolutely fine. The focus now needs to be finishing as high up the table as we possibly can - not creating the biggest possible points gap between us and 18th.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

I would like to be mathematically safe sooner rather than later. 

Welcome back to the sensible side. Leeds and Burnley have very winnable games this weekend which could see Leeds overtake us and Burnley only 4 points behind, a game in hand and us still to play at their place.

You are right to be be dribbling.

We have to hope that we can rediscover some form and Everton don’t.

Its not panic stations, buts it easily could be a lot more uncomfortable than self appointed football guru gemmil and his happy clappy sidekick Craig would have you believe.