Other Games 21/22: Talk about Actual Football

Ayatollah Hermione

27 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

I like Pep’s football philosophy but I can’t stand City, especially with a lot of them blanking out their history of mediocrity before 2008.

Aye, fuck those new money pricks.

• Haha 6

6 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

I thought they revelled in being the only club* to get decent support in the lower divisions? 

*In their heads

They‘ve never been shite and all of them can testify it from their own account.

2 hours ago, Renton said:

Pretty well known I have a relative soft spot for Liverpool from my days there, but also if they overhaul Man City I think most fair minded people would say that was a pretty impressive achievement. Also personally like Klopp and can't think of any player I particularly dislike, including Henderson. I actually don't mind City under Pep either mind. Used to fucking hate Man City. 

Henderson’s alright but Klopp is a weapons-grade bell end. But I do agree that he’s done an incredible job, not unlike Ferguson beating Mourinho’s Chelsea to the league title, he’s done what he has there without having the same resources. I’ve got fond memories of Liverpool nights out too and have found Scousers to be alright on the whole as long football isn’t the topic of discussion ;) They must have as many plastic fans as Man Utd though, and just as arrogant. The only thing I like about Man City is they shook up the football establishment at a time when it needed doing. I admire Pep too. That and I fucking despise Man Utd 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Alex said:

Henderson’s alright but Klopp is a weapons-grade bell end. But I do agree that he’s done an incredible job, not unlike Ferguson beating Mourinho’s Chelsea to the league title, he’s done what he has there without having the same resources. I’ve got fond memories of Liverpool nights out too and have found Scousers to be alright on the whole as long football isn’t the topic of discussion ;) They must have as many plastic fans as Man Utd though, and just as arrogant. The only thing I like about Man City is they shook up the football establishment at a time when it needed doing. I admire Pep too. That and I fucking despise Man Utd 

I used to always stay overnight in a hotel when I visited either Liverpool or Manchester before kids, so more than a decade ago now. ManU you were surrounded by cocknies and Irish I found, Liverpool has a massive Scandinavian following. Much prefer the city to Manchester though on any case. Both sets of locals are okay but I just found sousers more friendly, including Everton. Maybe just because I spent half a decade there like. Very strong identity and pride for where they come from which can be irritating (scouse humour is shite imo, and yeah, the cliches about thieving are largely true). I do wonder if from an outside perspective people would think the same of geordies mind.

Anyway, as a rule my hatred of football clubs is restricted to the London ones. Especially Chelsea, spurs, and ManU. 

Edited by Renton
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Renton said:

I used to always stay overnight in a hotel when I visited either Liverpool or Manchester before kids, so more than a decade ago now. ManU you were surrounded by cocknies and Irish I found, Liverpool has a massive Scandinavian following. Much prefer the city to Manchester though on any case. Both sets of locals are okay but I just found sousers more friendly, including Everton. Maybe just because I spent half a decade there like. Very strong identity and pride for where they come from which can be irritating (scouse humour is shite imo, and yeah, the cliches about thieving are largely true). I do wonder if from an outside perspective people would think the same of geordies mind.

Anyway, as a rule my hatred of football clubs is restricted to the London ones. Especially Chelsea, spurs, and ManU. 

I think they do like Geordies and Scousers.  Very similar.  Hard working people who enjoy a laugh and a beer.  The annoying Liverpool fans are the ones who live in fucking Oxford who have never been to Anfield in their lives.  Cunts who fun up cunt radio stations to tell Gary the life long Liverpool fan from Anfield who's a season ticket holder and has two jobs to pay for it, to tell him he's  wrong when he criticises the team when they get beat,

Goodison park has to be up there though with one of the worst away grounds in the top flight IMO.  That and bellend road.  That's seriously outdated now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Renton said:

I think it’s the case (or at least was recently) that they didn’t have a single Tory councillor in the city. That’s fucking admirable if you ask me like 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Alex said:

Eddie Howe has entered the chat

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

When Klopp first came I loved him.  He seemed cool and quite relaxed and funny.  Now he's settled well into the entitled cunt Liverpool victim mode.

Another one for the list…

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Alex said:

I think it’s the case (or at least was recently) that they didn’t have a single Tory councillor in the city. That’s fucking admirable if you ask me like 

Nor have we since 1996, but I think they got there sooner (late 80s perhaps?) so aye, fair play :first:  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

Nor have we since 1996, but I think they got there sooner (late 80s perhaps?) so aye, fair play :first:  

I take it back, the Scouse Tories held out until 1998, la. Chalk one up for the good liberal-leaning folk of Gosforth 💪

• Haha 3

16 hours ago, Howay said:

I don’t think he can go to the USA, fairly sure one of his teams even recently cancelled a pre season there?

Isn’t he a bit rapey allegedly 

7 hours ago, Meenzer said:

I take it back, the Scouse Tories held out until 1998, la. Chalk one up for the good liberal-leaning folk of Gosforth 💪

We haven't been tainted with them for over sixty years in my constituency. 

Working Out GIF

15 hours ago, Gemmill said:

I still find the idea that your shoulder can be offside madness. 

Honestly think unless there's significant changes to the law the VAR lines should be measured from legs/feet.

The essence of the law is to prevent attackers having an unfair advantage over the defenders, right? I don't see how the current iteration of VAR and the offside law answers that issue.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Fish said:

Honestly think unless there's significant changes to the law the VAR lines should be measured from legs/feet.

The essence of the law is to prevent attackers having an unfair advantage over the defenders, right? I don't see how the current iteration of VAR and the offside law answers that issue.

I agree. I sort of get them just arriving on closest part of your body to the goal, and I can see how that might make sense if you're on the 6 yard line or something.

But if you're outside the box, it has to be your foot/leg that determines your offside advantage as those are the fucking things that are going to propel you towards the goal. Your shoulder can just fuck off in that situation. 

Closest legal body part is just an easy get out. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I agree. I sort of get them just arriving on closest part of your body to the goal, and I can see how that might make sense if you're on the 6 yard line or something.

But if you're outside the box, it has to be your foot/leg that determines your offside advantage as those are the fucking things that are going to propel you towards the goal. Your shoulder can just fuck off in that situation. 

Closest legal body part is just an easy get out. 

It should be, whatever his Royal Highness decides.

If your arm, leg or foot is currently viewed as offside that should be onside. The 90s guidance of daylight was spot on..The current guidance of the big toe of your right foot etc is fuckin bollocks and completely against the spirit of the rules as they were when they were established. Again, the guidance has been changed to suit the technology available nowadays. It's blatant fuckin nonsense.  

• Like 5