Other Games 21/22: Talk about Actual Football

Ayatollah Hermione

9 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Welcome back to the sensible side. Leeds and Burnley have very winnable games this weekend which could see Leeds overtake us and Burnley only 4 points behind, a game in hand and us still to play at their place.

You are right to be be dribbling.

We have to hope that we can rediscover some form and Everton don’t.

Its not panic stations, buts it easily could be a lot more uncomfortable than self appointed football guru gemmil and his happy clappy sidekick Craig would have you believe.

Even by your bedwetting standards, this is unbelievable levels of horseshit :lol:

• Like 1

Burnley have the following left: 

Norwich (A)
West Ham (A)
Southampton (H)
Wolves (H)
Watford (A)
Villa (H)
Spurs (A)
Villa (A)
Newcastle (H)

They'll be lucky if they pick up 6 points from that. They're 7 behind us. In no way are they a threat.

• Like 1

Everton have the following left: 

Man Utd (H)
Leicester (H)
Liverpool (A)
Chelsea (H)
Leicester (A)
Watford (A)
Brentford (H)
Palace (H)
Arsenal (A)

They'll be lucky if they pick up 5 points from that. They're 6 behind us. In no way are they a threat.

Leeds have the following left: 

Watford (A)
Palace (A)
Man City (H)
Arsenal (A)
Chelsea (H)
Brighton (H)
Brentford (A)

They'll be lucky if they pick up 4 points from that. They're 1 behind us having played a game more.

We've had 2 shit halves of a game of football (second halves of Everton, Spurs). Seriously, that's it. People think I'm a pessimist. I don't think I am. I analyse things and say things as I see them, as free from bias as I can be. It's what I do for a living and I'm normally right, otherwise I'd be out of a job. If that's bad news, I don't sugar coat it. But in this objectively speaking, we are very unlikely to get relegated, it would take a weird turn of events. It's not impossible of course, but fuck me, it takes a strange mindset to be worried at this stage. CT I am sure is reverting to contrariness. Gloom I don't know, just seems to be completely incontinent. 

• Like 4

For us to get relegated, 3 teams need to throw their season long form book completely out of the window and start beating sides battling in the top 4. Not just one of those teams, ALL 3 of them need to. The odds on that would be longer than those for Leicester winning the PL at the start of 15/16.

I don’t think anyone is completely discounting the possibility of our going down. However the ‘sensible’ position is recognising 5 teams have a better chance of going down. 4 of those 5 have a much greater chance of going down. 2 of those look dead certs and in the case of Norwich it’s basically a done deal. 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Alex said:

I don’t think anyone is completely discounting the possibility of our going down. However the ‘sensible’ position is recognising 5 teams have a better chance of going down. 4 of those 5 have a much greater chance of going down. 2 of those look dead certs and in the case of Norwich it’s basically a done deal. 

The bookies have closed the book on Norwich. Watford are currently evens to join them. Leeds, Burnley & Everton are battling out for 18th. 

44 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Welcome back to the sensible side. Leeds and Burnley have very winnable games this weekend which could see Leeds overtake us and Burnley only 4 points behind, a game in hand and us still to play at their place.

You are right to be be dribbling.

We have to hope that we can rediscover some form and Everton don’t.

Its not panic stations, buts it easily could be a lot more uncomfortable than self appointed football guru gemmil and his happy clappy sidekick Craig would have you believe.

It's not about being a "football guru", it's about being capable of logical thought. One of us is. And I'm not gonna leave you in suspense any longer, but it's YOU that isn't. 

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Renton said:

We've had 2 shit halves of a game of football (second halves of Everton, Spurs). Seriously, that's it. People think I'm a pessimist. I don't think I am. I analyse things and say things as I see them, as free from bias as I can be. It's what I do for a living and I'm normally right, otherwise I'd be out of a job. If that's bad news, I don't sugar coat it. But in this objectively speaking, we are very unlikely to get relegated, it would take a weird turn of events. It's not impossible of course, but fuck me, it takes a strange mindset to be worried at this stage. CT I am sure is reverting to contrariness. Gloom I don't know, just seems to be completely incontinent. 

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH THE RENTON I WAS SPEAKING TO ON SUNDAY?! 

If anyone, Everton should be the ones primarily worried about losing last night. The only thing that seems certain at this stage is that Norwich are gone, probably Watford but you never know I guess.

It's very much in our hands, we can absolutely pick up points as we move forward, no one should be getting worked up at this point man.

1 hour ago, Renton said:

Do you only stop bedwetting when we're mathematically safe like? Fairly sure every team from 9th down aren't mathematically safe. You are in actual fact being a right fanny here. 

I’ve been in team sausage for months man. It would just be nice to have it all confirmed before our final run of four games. 

44 minutes ago, Craig said:

The bookies have closed the book on Norwich. Watford are currently evens to join them. Leeds, Burnley & Everton are battling out for 18th. 

happy clappy sidekick, you’re just a happy clappy sidekick 

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

I’ve been in team sausage for months man. It would just be nice to have it all confirmed before our final run of four games. 

Months?! Make it weeks, soft cock. 

I will NEVER FORGET the "I think that's us relegated" when we drew 3-3 with Brentford in NOVEMBER though. You were the apex pissypants back then. 

• Haha 4

31 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

happy clappy sidekick, you’re just a happy clappy sidekick 

In other words, I'm a logical thinker and not a bedwetter.

34 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Months?! Make it weeks, soft cock. 

I will NEVER FORGET the "I think that's us relegated" when we drew 3-3 with Brentford in NOVEMBER though. You were the apex pissypants back then. 

I don’t dispute it - and through most of January tbh. It wasn’t until around Everton/Villa at home that I switched to the way of the sausage. The players looked lost and Howe wasn’t sure what his best team was. Even the mindless optimists would have conceded then that it looked pretty hopeless.

It took Howe stumbling across Joelinton in midfield and the 4-3-3 before it started to look like we had a decent chance of surviving. I don’t think anyone saw the 9 game unbeaten run that saved our season coming.  

I'd just like to briefly revisit the nomenclature of the various groups that people have been assigning themselves to.

I think it's time now that we simply refer to team sausage as Team Right, and the other idiots as Team Wrong.