The new manager thread

Polarboy

2 hours ago, trooper said:

Will Howe be able to motivate these players ? Already 6 points adrift after 10 games. Many of them know they'll be replaced either in January or the summer. 

Think there's far better chance he'll be able to motivate them than Emery would have. One of Emery's worst traits was apparently communications skills. It's reckoned that's one of the reasons why he hasn't really succeeded outside of Spain. 

I am fairly confident that Howe will get these players enthused after watching a few interviews. Whether they are good enough is another matter, but that would be the case whoever the manager is. 

2 hours ago, trooper said:

Will Howe be able to motivate these players ? Already 6 points adrift after 10 games. Many of them know they'll be replaced either in January or the summer. 

You're worse than Wykiki

• Haha 1

I'm happy enough with this appointment but has it actually been confirmed yet?

Howe could very well be a great manager for us, and he's certainly the kind of manager we should do well with if he really throws himself at it and gets stuck into who we are as a club to the same extent he did with Bournemouth.

I'm looking forward to seeing how he develops us.

• Like 1

I like what I'm hearing about Howe being very demanding and tough behind the scenes, and that his calm demeanour in front of the cameras isn't actually what he's really like. You always got the feeling that Bruce was desperate for everyone to like him, as opposed to respect him, which he perhaps knew was a losing battle. 

25 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

I like what I'm hearing about Howe being very demanding and tough behind the scenes, and that his calm demeanour in front of the cameras isn't actually what he's really like. You always got the feeling that Bruce was desperate for everyone to like him, as opposed to respect him, which he perhaps knew was a losing battle. 

I got the same vibe having watched some interviews. He made a point that while he would hope all his players respect him and what he does, it's not his job to be their friend. I always liked Howe previously just because of the football he played was good to watch, but after learning more about him, now I'm thinking we've got a potentially great manager in the making here. I really like how focused he is and knows what he's aiming for. I imagine that is what must have impressed the NUFC hierarchy as well. 

I can't say I'm arsed about Emery like. I don't think he fit what we need now. Hopefully Howe sorts it out. He's never had a serious bankroll at a serious club so if he keeps us up then fair enough give him a crack. There's definitely an element of emotional scarring with regards to Adhley appointments. Once it was pointed out that if he does shit he'll be peddled I was reassured. 

• Like 1

Fair play to Emery for turning it down if he just didn’t feel that interested in the role, I’m sure it was a fairly sizable pay bump. We’ve got a bloke that seemingly is very interested in the role, and clearly put in a lot of hard work preparing for the interview, that counts for something imo especially considering our last manager probably spent 15 hours a week at the training ground. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Howay said:

Fair play to Emery for turning it down if he just didn’t feel that interested in the role, I’m sure it was a fairly sizable pay bump. We’ve got a bloke that seemingly is very interested in the role, and clearly put in a lot of hard work preparing for the interview, that counts for something imo especially considering our last manager probably spent 15 hours a week at the training ground. 

14 in the canteen and the other on the shitter

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, Gemmill said:

Is he gonna be taking training in principle from next week too? What's going on with this business? 

I wonder if they will announce it after the presser at 14:00

No doubt Jones will get pelters about it which once again, stupid from the club if it's all signed and sealed.

• Polarboy changed the title to Who do you want as the next manager? Howe, for now.
  • Meenzer changed the title to The new manager thread