The new manager thread

Polarboy

I'll be very happy if he comes.....he's the best candidate out of the realistic targets, we were never going to get a Conte/Mourinho/Rodgers etc  but thank fuck its not Lampard/Gerrard/Howe etc

Edited by Rosco

Hopefully he’s wrong, I’m not sure of the guys track record but I do know his nose seemed to be put out of joint a bit with our takeover so possibly he has some ill will there, but again maybe he’s right. Would be a pretty quick turnaround from the Emery quotes following the game which imo read like him giving his boss the heads up that if a contract came in he would likely sign. 

Would be a shame as for me this bloke is the best we’ve been linked with besides Conte. I’ll be pretty gutted if we end up with someone like Howe. 

So he's potentially pissed off that it was leaked to the press as basically confirmed? Why would we leak that anyway?

And tbh I can see the argument about lack of clarity over approach - Howe to Emery is a contrast indeed. Suggests that we're really looking for the manager to bring in a vision and implement it.

If he was fucked off with the leak, then wouldn't he have just said as much in the press conference, and said "I'm staying here cos Newcastle seem like a pack of dicks". 

He does say in the press conferences that "the rumours of today have been much greater than reality". 

Well what the fuck, these quotes don’t make much sense to me. It was reported late last night that he wanted the job and then a few hours later he doesn’t agree with the direction?? If the reports are true then it reads to me like he’s bottled it to be honest, and his players/club owners/family convinced him to stay in Spain.. the lack of direction thing just being the excuse to not take the job. Maybe he got upset with the leaks in the media before he took charge of the game last night? Seems like a bit of a bitch really 😂

Edited by 247

Looks quite simple to me....Dick was fairly neutral  post game then after speaking to players, club and family he's decided not to bother. Someone close to him passed it on to Ballague about 2am ish? The beeb aren't putting that on their website without it being true, are they @Dr Gloom?? 

In the article I posted it does say that he wants a club that protects the manager which he didn't get at Arsenal. Maybe by not having any structure to the club at the moment concerns him as he's going to have to fight a relegation battle while they work around the rest of it. 

11 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Looks quite simple to me....Dick was fairly neutral  post game then after speaking to players, club and family he's decided not to bother. Someone close to him passed it on to Ballague about 2am ish? The beeb aren't putting that on their website without it being true, are they @Dr Gloom?? 

Balague is regularly full of shit though.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

The timing doesn't make sense though, does it? He does a post match press conference in which he talks fairly neutrally about the matter. Then between then and bedtime, he meets with the club owners, the players, and his family, and sometime around 2am (universally recognised as the optimal time to make life changing decisions), he makes his mind up and quickly leaks it to the press. 

I think it's much more likely that the leak is from the club owners/players as a pressure tactic/wishful thinking move. Or Balague has been told he's wavering and he's picked a side. 

• Polarboy changed the title to Who do you want as the next manager? Howe, for now.
  • Meenzer changed the title to The new manager thread