The dignified cabbage’s 1000th game

Dr Gloom

just noticed he's took his personal record for 21/22 to no wins in 12.

bigged kenilworth road up as one of the hardest places to visit in the championship.

managed to trot out 'since I walked through the door' 'make a fist of it' and 'roll our sleeves up' during his post match summary yesterday.

:lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Jaysus... 1

I wonder if he knows he’s shit, and is just taking the paydays, or if he genuinely believes he’s a talented manager? 

The fact he took this WBA job when he’d as good as said he was retiring after us makes me think the second option, but if you’d been as consistently shite in your career as him, from start to finish, you’d have to have at least some awareness that you’re not that good? 

• Like 3

I think his "I'm retiring" was the toys being chucked out of the pram in attempts to make himself look somewhat the victim. I don't think he had any intention of ever giving up.

Edited by Craig
  • Like 8

22 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

I wonder if he knows he’s shit, and is just taking the paydays, or if he genuinely believes he’s a talented manager? 

The fact he took this WBA job when he’d as good as said he was retiring after us makes me think the second option, but if you’d been as consistently shite in your career as him, from start to finish, you’d have to have at least some awareness that you’re not that good? 

I suppose if you have a whole host of ex pro sycophants in the media telling the world how wonderful you are, as well as a son making veiled threats on social media to the probably the only journalist prepared to report the emperor's wearing no clothes, then you're bound to think you're ace.

it also helps that he's thick as pig shit!

• Like 4

I caught the last 15 minutes of their match on sky in mid week and the commentator said "Steve Bruce is a well known excellent man manager" and I just wondered where utter drivel like that comes from - he certainly never showed any evidence at our place - not counting making ASM happy by not asking him to do any work. 

• Like 5

11 hours ago, NJS said:

not counting making ASM happy by not asking him to do any work. 

Which is why so many of the alcoholic bankrupt ex-pros like him so much.  That is why they could spend so much time in the pub and betting shop during their careers.

3 hours ago, RobinRobin said:

Which is why so many of the alcoholic bankrupt ex-pros like him so much.  That is why they could spend so much time in the pub and betting shop during their careers.

I think that’s why he’s still working. He can go to the bookies, pub and anywhere else he likes under the cover of working. If he was at home his wife would want to know what he was up to.

That and he’s obviously massively vain and loves the attention.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kitman said:

I think that’s why he’s still working. He can go to the bookies, pub and anywhere else he likes under the cover of working. If he was at home his wife would want to know what he was up to.

That and he’s obviously massively vain and loves the attention.

how can anyone with that face be vain? 

he's actually a laughing stock, i really wonder what any teams see in him, maybe he is amiable, and fun. he's certainly not a football manager of any ability. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

:lol:

Blaming the players, needing to “roll up our sleeves”,  and “make a fist of it”, heads dropping, team losing. Didn’t take long for Bruce to weave his magic did it?  All it needs now is for the players to get pissed up regularly, lose their fitness, get properly disorganised, and go on an extended losing streak, he can look forward to another tidy payoff.

• Haha 6

He's unbelievable. Same shit; different day. It's hilarious that none of these brown-nosed "journalists" are willing to hold his feet to the fire least they lose their special access to the "secret" club source. He's a cartoon character at this point.

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, toonotl said:

He's unbelievable. Same shit; different day. It's hilarious that none of these brown-nosed "journalists" are willing to hold his feet to the fire least they lose their special access to the "secret" club source. He's a cartoon character at this point.

One more loss and there'll be a journalist out to disrail them.

• Like 1

If only they knew how to roll up their sleeves.

It's unbelievable that these players have made it this far without that basic skill tbf.    He should start running national courses.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

There's only one man for the job here. 

Help them Obe-Wan-Craig-Hopey. You're their only....errrr...Hope.

Ha. Wonder if he's pre-emptively banned from The Hawthorns? If not he should make it happen.

1 hour ago, RobinRobin said:

Was it the mighty Rafa's fault this time?  Or some other foreigner?  

I couldn't tell you who he replaced but I can tell you his predecessor's methods must be deeply ingrained in the players hence his sticky start. Or something. 

• Like 1

Probably some joker wearing a singlet without a care in the world. Brucey must be seething at the simple thought of this jovial pest getting about completely ignorant of the notion of hard work that is learned only by the tactile sensory experience of rolling up one’s sleeves.

• Haha 3