Deep shit?

Dr Gloom

34 minutes ago, Renton said:

Indeed. I think with a full strength team this is a top half of the table side already. Foundations are set for us to evolve into something better. 

The belief in the squad is the difference for me. Total positivity and unity. Dan Burn stick one on Bowen on Saturday because of what he'd done further up the pitch. You feel they're all in it together - an attitude that was sadly lacking under Bruce.

1 minute ago, Christmas Tree said:

How many points do you realistically think from the games left?

4DDC0C42-412E-46DF-929A-3DA54F7F6F66.jpeg

we should be able to win four or five of those, which would be plenty - brentford, palace, norwich, burnley, leicester, everton, wolves are all winnable - our problem is the fixture run in. the last four games of the season are horrible, so the pressure is on to get those wins in before april. if we don't, it's brown trousers time

9 minutes ago, ewerk said:

We have Brentford, Brighton and Southampton next. There's a case to be made for us claiming three points from each of those matches. It's time to look up, not down.

Southampton have only lost once at home and Brighton only lost twice away. 

Like I say, I hope you are right.

14 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

How many points do you realistically think from the games left?

4DDC0C42-412E-46DF-929A-3DA54F7F6F66.jpeg

8/9 points at home; 10/11 points away. So up to 20pts I reckon.

2 minutes ago, Alex said:

If you want CT to be more optimistic it’s going to mean everyone else has to be pessimistic ;) 

I was JUST thinking exactly this. This is just back to the old contrary nonsense. 

I'm not engaging further. Beyond abuse. I will definitely take the time out to abuse. 

• Haha 5

27 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

I hope your all right.

Wednesday evening we could be back to just one point off the bottom 3.

Dont Mind Me Rainy Day GIF by Molly Robin

Thanks for that cheery bit of info......go play with the buses😀 and by the weekend we could be up to 14th

Just to be ABSOLUTELY FUCKING CLEAR though. We very likely only need a point a game to stay up. 

We've picked up two per game from our last 6.

If you still think we are likely to be relegated, you're either a fucking idiot or you just like the drama. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

Things can change, but on recent performances I don’t see why we can’t take something from anyone tbh.

that's exactly it. up until about a month ago, there were plenty of reasons to be pessimistic: questions over whether howe's ideas were getting through, whether this group of players were capable of stepping up and whether we would sign the right players in january (beyond trippier).

our form since the leeds game has answered most of those questions emphatically. we'll lose a few more games before the season's done but if we keep playing like this, we'll be fine. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Just to be ABSOLUTELY FUCKING CLEAR though. We very likely only need a point a game to stay up. 

We've picked up two per game from our last 6.

If you still think we are likely to be relegated, you're either a fucking idiot or you just like the drama. 

Think we’re 6th favourites to go down now after the weekend. With Brentford and Leeds shorter odds and Everton only slightly longer. That feels about right to me atm 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Alex said:

Think we’re 6th favourites to go down now after the weekend. With Brentford and Leeds shorter odds and Everton only slightly longer. That feels about right to me atm 

I'm staggered Everton have longer odds BTW. Level on points with us (OK they have a game in hand) and are in utter freefall.

7 minutes ago, Craig said:

I'm staggered Everton have longer odds BTW. Level on points with us (OK they have a game in hand) and are in utter freefall.

Everton historically just don't go down. Always a first time of course, but I still think Fat Frank will get enough out of them. Brentford and Leeds look more likely than us to go down though imo.   

4 minutes ago, Renton said:

Everton historically just don't go down. Always a first time of course, but I still think Fat Frank will get enough out of them. Brentford and Leeds look more likely than us to go down though imo.   

Yeah I agree. It's similar to the Southampton & Coventry factor years ago - because they were perennial survivors, the expectation is they'll continue to get out of it. I too think they'll have enough to get out of it, but at the present, looking at objectively, I'd say we stand a better chance of surviving than them. 

• Like 2