Deep shit?

Dr Gloom

Burnley have Spurs at home midweek which could go either way given Spurs atm. Watford have Palace which I also can't predict. But both of those results could go our way, followed by further losses at the weekend with Watford away to Man U, and Burnley away to Palace.

If Palace fuck up both of those games, they're going to be up to their eyes in it IMO.

2 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Just checking that Rayvin and Gloom know that the relegation zone only has three spaces? 

I'm not saying half the league is going down man, I'm just saying that if Watford and Burnley keep a bit of pressure on, everyone up to and including Villa is in the mix.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, thebrokendoll said:

not particularly generous odds I don't think considering there was every liklihood we could've been adrift in bottom 3 by the january window. 

as it is we weren't and are definitely looking upwards rather over our shoulder. hope I'm wrong but I reckon you'll fall a couple of places short with your bet.

however had we signed mitrovic instead of wood.....  

I suspect you'll be right, but it was worth the punt when it was put in front of me. 

34 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Did you see the post game analysis of Everton on MOTD? Just strolling around while Southampton dominated them. Lampard saying "it's going to take time" after the game - errr Frank, I've got terrible news for you. 

BTW only 80% confident of stopping up if we win at Brentford?! Have a fucking word with yourself man. :lol:

80% is pretty confident!

I obviously had premature dryness last week as it’s still 50/50 for me.

Woke up still feeling gutted we didn’t get all 3 points yesterday. They were there for the taking and we were just so unlucky where the ball kept bouncing in the box.

Got to pray ASM recovers for Brentford.

28 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Woke up still feeling gutted we didn’t get all 3 points yesterday. They were there for the taking and we were just so unlucky where the ball kept bouncing in the box.

I think we, as supporters, don’t always see the bigger picture. We’re about the same odds to go down as Brentford now, you can get 9/2, which is considerably longer odds than the Evens you perceive it as. That’s not meant as a dig because Im guilty of it too at times and we are by no means home and hosed but we’re doing really well both in terms of results and performances. If we maintain anything like the form of the last 6 games then we’ll be fine and probably more like 12th or 13th come the season end. The best thing for me is we actually look solid at the back and in control for most of the time. That’s down to the middle of the park as much as the new defenders. 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 7

59 minutes ago, Craig said:

I suspect you'll be right, but it was worth the punt when it was put in front of me. 

hope you rake it in mate.

I was casting a bit of line out for somebody else with part of me post, but I think he'd probably fucked off by then!   :)

Edited by thebrokendoll
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

Did you see the post game analysis of Everton on MOTD? Just strolling around while Southampton dominated them. Lampard saying "it's going to take time" after the game - errr Frank, I've got terrible news for you. 

BTW only 80% confident of stopping up if we win at Brentford?! Have a fucking word with yourself man. :lol:

I just watched it. They looked really flat and I’d be more concerned as an Everton fan than I am as a Newcastle supporter right now. 

1 hour ago, Christmas Tree said:

You're fucking batty if you think we're 50:50 to go down.  Alex has been very polite, but honestly I feel like driving to Boldon, dragging you out on to the front lawn and humiliating you in front of your wife, kids and neighbours.  

• Haha 7

10 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

You're fucking batty if you think we're 50:50 to go down.  Alex has been very polite, but honestly I feel like driving to Boldon, dragging you out on to the front lawn and humiliating you in front of your wife, kids and neighbours.  

the Chinese mouse takes on the button mushroom 

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, Alex said:

I think we, as supporters, don’t always see the bigger picture. We’re about the same odds to go down as Brentford now, you can get 9/2, which is considerably longer odds than the Evens you perceive it as. That’s not meant as a dig because Im guilty of it too at times and we are by no means home and hosed but we’re doing really well both in terms of results and performances. If we maintain anything like the form of the last 6 games then we’ll be fine and probably more like 12th or 13th come the season end. The best thing for me is we actually look solid at the back and in control for most of the time. That’s down to the middle of the park as much as the new defenders. 

Im sure you are right. :lol: 

Its just the teams below sneaking up and our horrific bad luck that’s holding me back.

14 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Its just the teams below sneaking up and our horrific bad luck that’s holding me back.

Teams just above us are losng. Leeds are 1 point ahead with a worse goal difference man. Our form is sensational. Fuck me I'm supposed to be the pessimist here. 

• Haha 6

5 minutes ago, Renton said:

Teams just above us are losng. Leeds are 1 point ahead with a worse goal difference man. Our form is sensational. Fuck me I'm supposed to be the pessimist here. 

Nuff said. Sort yourself out CT. If Renton and I can be optimistic any cunt can! 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Christmas Tree said:

Thing is now, I don’t feel like we’re relying on other results. That’s the big change. It’s in our own hands and we have the feeling of being competitive against just about anyone in the league. Rewind a bit and yesterday would’ve been a write off. Especially after going a goal down 

• Like 6

43 minutes ago, Alex said:

Thing is now, I don’t feel like we’re relying on other results. That’s the big change. It’s in our own hands and we have the feeling of being competitive against just about anyone in the league. Rewind a bit and yesterday would’ve been a write off. Especially after going a goal down 

Agreed, also agree with your earlier point that as fans of the club we can miss the bigger picture. If positions between us and Burnley were reversed most fans would be 100% convinced we were buried, they’re playing crap and their two games in hand are Spurs and Leicester and they’d need to win both, meanwhile we have points on the board, are picking up points every week and have looked the better side in our games for about 5 straight games now. The other thing is their “winnable” fixtures are against sides that are also not clear of it. Imo we will finish above Everton (who have a shit manager and look woeful), Brentford, and Leeds, in addition to the current bottom three. 

I get fears that Watford are only 4 points behind, but 4 points is almost a quarter of all the points they’ve picked up so far, similar with Burnleys 5 points. We also play a lot of the sides who were looking like difficult fixtures in the past but are in rotten form (Palace and Brighton etc). Obviously there’s a chance we go down but the way we are playing, and the way everyone else in the bottom half is playing, I just don’t see it anymore. 

• Like 4

High praise! NUFC — adequate. Shows the depths of despair we’ve come from recently (and hopefully stay away from in the future) that the mere emergence of competence is something for us to rightly celebrate.

9BC53BBA-0D20-453C-91F9-CE4F6A370E6D.thumb.jpeg.ac0cc66e2e1150f03eb535a123d34e78.jpeg

40 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Imagine if Wilson was fit :lol: 

Its mad isn't it, that we're on this run without one of our best two players pre-transfer window and one of the ones we would've said "without them we get nothing" from any game.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Imagine if Wilson was fit :lol: 

Indeed. I think with a full strength team this is a top half of the table side already. Foundations are set for us to evolve into something better. 

• Like 3