Deep shit?

Dr Gloom

1 hour ago, Christmas Tree said:

22/1 at Paddy Power :lol: 

I had a look and best odds are 33/1 now. Nothing’s change since you could get 50/1 yesterday bar it being a popular bet (tasty odds). So more people putting money on makes the odds come down without the likelihood actually increasing. You also need to factor in the bookies making the odds shorter than they actually think they are because they are in the profit making business. All that aside Paddy Power are effectively saying that if you played out the remaining fixtures 23 times, we’d get relegated once and survive on the other 22 occasions 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 1

This spreadsheet is going to be an absolute menace to maintain once we're top of the league.

I can see it now. Five years from now ...

Gemmill: Here man, we're mathematically safe from relegation AND top of the league. Don't make me come down to Boldon and spin on your knob. (editor's note: sorry I can't keep up with the meaning of half the north-east slang you use in your attempted come ons to CT but I think I've got the gist of it.)

*posts spreadsheet with all 20 teams on it as further foreplay*

• Haha 11

• 2 weeks later...

Let’s see where we are after the next four games (three at home against teams we should be looking to take points from then Norwich away) before we start pissing our pants again. We’ve still got a nine point cushion on the relegation places despite losing our last three. 

I don't think we should be worried. We're beating teams we should beat and losing to those who, honestly, we should also lose to. 5-1 is an unpleasant scoreline and we've clearly had a bad day, but in the overall scheme of things we're still sitting pretty IMO.

• Like 2

We're safe, but I'd like to see 7-9pts from the next five games. We're 6pts ahead of Everton in 17th, and 9pts ahead of Watford in 18th.

Say we only get 4-5pts from the next five games.

Everton have;

Burnley (a)

Man Utd (h)

Leicester (h)

Liverpool (a)

Chelsea (h)

Watford have;

Leeds (h)

Brentford (h)

Man City (a)

Burnley (h)

Palace (a)

Where are Everton going to get the 10-11pts, or Watford the 13-14pts from? I could easily see Everton beating Burnley, then losing the rest and losing heavily, widening our gap to 7-8pts. Watford are a fucking enigma, they could win all of their home games and only lose to Man City and Palace on the road, that would still put them 4-5pts behind us.