Howe's Peace Loving Mags v Potter's Wand Waving Wankers

wykikitoon

Played shite with the ball today but defensively we were excellent. I never expected to see that level of organisation and resilience at the back under Howe, looks like that spell out of the game had him work on it. Schar was great, Shelvey needs rested, and Saint-Maximin is still a little cunt.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

Would you cum in her face or buy her fine Belgian chocolates?

😄 you can do both. Especially if you roofy the chocs.

And never hit her with a closed hand. Any more tips you gotta pay, losers.

3 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Howe didn’t seem impressed with Bruno for fucking about in the box at the death, mind. Bruno went over for a bit of congratulations and got a right bollocking :lol: 

:lol: 

Just watched the replay (getting too old to stay up these days). And this is exactly what I was coming on to the board to comment about. Pretty sure Bruno went in for the big 'we did it boss' and got 'Don't dally on it in the box, kid', which was probably responded to with 'It's okay, gaffer, I'm Brazilian', and then Eddie gave him the steely-eyed "shut it". This ends my Eddie Howe fan-fiction. *swoon*

Bruno did fanny about a good bit with it once he came on which wasn't the go but it's forgivable with the win now in our pocket. The kid is obviously a bit frustrated and incredibly eager to show his ability, which he has bags off quite clearly if the lack of game time might be started to affect his head. We really just needed to keep the ball and take it to the corner flag. Having Bruno and ASM come on was really not the best in terms of my health; Bruno because he's eager to impress and push for a third goal & ASM because he's a peanut with a lot of talent and no brain.

Anyway, we got there in the end. Not the best performance. Took our chances clinically in the opening quarter hour. Defended stoutly. Midfield was pretty poor today in possession with Shelvey & Willock giving away possession easily far too often. And we didn't get much in the way of good utilisation of the ball coming out from the fullbacks either. I thought the front three and Joelinton played well and the back four were all very impressive again defensively. And Debrav had barely anything to do and maybe didn't dominate his box too well during all their corners but he was getting blocked off quite a bit by the Brighton players playing to pin him on his goal line. Considering the amount of extra work we made for ourselves with poor possession retention, we really did defend very very well.

Another average performance (at least in attack) and another 3 points. Not the first time we've won playing below our best in recent weeks. Long may it continue.

As for the game mid-week, it's not exactly the work of a psychic, but I reckon Bruno will finally get his first start against Southampton. It's probably not the best to reward the little bit of petulance that was on display in his disregard for the game situation today with a start next match, but I'd imagine it'll be taken in context by Howe and co., and after a brief chat about things, he'll finally get the chance to show himself from the start and that should be enough to settle him and move beyond the little bit of brainlessness that was on display today.

Onwards and upwards. ❤️

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Sonatine said:

ASM thinking: "Why are the rest of these cunts spoiling my comeback photo?"

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

Now. I know people like the thread up quickly. But these titles need some beer to get the creative juices flowing. So patience. 

Think New Amsterdam GIF by NBC

Just make sure someone disables Troopers thread starting privileges whilst your mulling.

• Like 2

Fatal mistake today in having 4 pints instead of my usual 3, so now suffering with a very sore head and heartburn.

Also resulted in me asking the barmaid for a Frisk on several occasions instead of the proper name of the real ale. It began with F and luckily this could have turned out much worse.

Only just made it to the ground on kick off and ended up staggering up and down a row of seats miles away from where I should have been. On finding the right seat I fell into it.

Wonderful to get two goals against the run of play. Not sure if the rest of the game was down to their better play or us looking tired. WTF Bruno was doing dribbling the ball in our box with minutes to go.

Anyway, 3 points bagged and 7 points clear but some very ropey fixtures coming up now til the end. 

Buckle up for squeaky bum time.

2 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Fatal mistake today in having 4 pints instead of my usual 3, so now suffering with a very sore head and heartburn.

Also resulted in me asking the barmaid for a Frisk on several occasions instead of the proper name of the real ale. It began with F and luckily this could have turned out much worse.

Only just made it to the ground on kick off and ended up staggering up and down a row of seats miles away from where I should have been. On finding the right seat I fell into it.

Wonderful to get two goals against the run of play. Not sure if the rest of the game was down to their better play or us looking tired. WTF Bruno was doing dribbling the ball in our box with minutes to go.

Anyway, 3 points bagged and 7 points clear but some very ropey fixtures coming up now til the end. 

So all in all a good game day out by a bloke who can't hold his liquor :lol::nufc:

• Haha 4

32 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Top of the form league and 7 points clear… squeaky bum time?! FANNY 

1 hour ago, Christmas Tree said:

So which ones you 

L to R: Briefcase wanker, Neil, Jay, Dan Burn, Big Simon and Mr Gilbert.

4 minutes ago, Alex said:

:lol: Decades ago 

I had a little drunken sing of “wings of an eagle, the dirty great arse of a crow” :lol: 

I honestly hate “stand up, if you love the toon”. You can instantly here every miserable fucker of 40 groan when that starts up. :lol: 

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

I had a little drunken sing of “wings of an eagle, the dirty great arse of a crow” :lol: 

I honestly hate “stand up, if you love the toon”. You can instantly here every miserable fucker of 40 groan when that starts up. :lol: 

Hard getting up when you're sporting a secret stiffy. 

Edited by Gemmill
  • Haha 3