Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

14 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Max Cornet. 25years old. 50 goals in 250 games for Lyon. 9 goals in a relegated team last season. £17.5mil release clause. Plays as CF or LW.

Id have him as back up to Wilson, or if we get a decent offer for ASM then replace him and chuck the leftover cash into the transfer budget 

Given our struggles we should be all over him or dwight mcniel. 

There does come a point where you are just signing too many burnley players though :lol:

6 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Given our struggles we should be all over him or dwight mcniel. 

There does come a point where you are just signing too many burnley players though :lol:

Everton after McNeil apparently 

37 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

If McNeil is off to the scouse mackems does that mean their jumped up half decent Orc lookalike is leaving? I forget the kids name, just remember his permanent scowl and decent energy around the park :cuppa:

Gordon. He cops some shit (often rightfully) but he's a big part of why they stayed up.

I still want Sesko and given we've just taken out a big loan, I'd expect that to be made available for a transfer for or two.

Yeah what is the story with this 140m? Am I right in thinking we don't just have an extra 140m to spend, and it's been used to cover the business we've already done this summer, and any we still hope to do. That would mean we still have 80m, but then perhaps agents fees, wages etc still need to be accounted for. 

1 minute ago, Polarboy said:

Yeah what is the story with this 140m? Am I right in thinking we don't just have an extra 140m to spend, and it's been used to cover the business we've already done this summer, and any we still hope to do. That would mean we still have 80m, but then perhaps agents fees, wages etc still need to be accounted for. 

Why do you think it's to cover the business done so far?

9 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Why do you think it's to cover the business done so far?

I hope I'm wrong, but I just can't see us spending 200m this summer after spending close to 100m in January. Plus it's not like getting a 140m loan is like heading to your bank on a Friday to get an overdraft. We're only hearing about this loan now, but it's likely it was negotiated some time ago. The problem is that details on the loan appear to light, so I'm making a lot of assumptions.

The only justification to take it out though, is if it needs to be spent before it would have been earned anyway. So we're talking an intent to spend £140m this year, in some form.

Could be what Polarboy says, depends on how much cash the business had available to it.

1 minute ago, Polarboy said:

I hope I'm wrong, but I just can't see us spending 200m this summer after spending close to 100m in January. Plus it's not like getting a 140m loan is like heading to your bank on a Friday to get an overdraft. We're only hearing about this loan now, but it's likely it was negotiated some time ago. The problem is that details on the loan appear to light, so I'm making a lot of assumptions.

A lot of pissy pant predictions, if you ask me

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

It's not all gonna be for transfers. 

Quite possibly could be used in part to cover the cost of the Darsley Park renovations.

• Like 1

The squad we have is good enough for a top 10 finish , using the squad , not relying on just a first XI - I'm feeling pretty good about the business done and , more importantly, the lack of business we've done with piss takers. European qualification has to be a possibility too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, scoobos said:

The squad we have is good enough for a top 10 finish , using the squad , not relying on just a first XI - I'm feeling pretty good about the business done and , more importantly, the lack of business we've done with piss takers. European qualification has to be a possibility too.

Unless Wilson or Bruno gets injured...

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Unless Wilson or Bruno gets injured...

simple: sign paqueta and depay. enough depth in midfield and up front then.

and a right winger 

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2023-24 season