Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

Seen people talking about Tonali's wages and they work out at about 115k a week, if you exclude the performance related bonus'. Given that Bruno is likely about to get a new contract worth 200k, and Trippier is on around 125k, people can't really say he just came for the money when he won't even be our top earner. Granted he's more than doubled his wages at AC, but I'm sure he could have gotten considerably higher wages elsewhere, or indeed insisted that he be our top earner. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Polarboy said:

Seen people talking about Tonali's wages and they work out at about 115k a week, if you exclude the performance related bonus'. Given that Bruno is likely about to get a new contract worth 200k, and Trippier is on around 125k, people can't really say he just came for the money when he won't even be our top earner. Granted he's more than doubled his wages at AC, but I'm sure he could have gotten considerably higher wages elsewhere, or indeed insisted that he be our top earner. 

On Sky Sports Italia they have been saying all day that Tonali did not want to leave Milan and that it was the club that forced him to accept the offer. Not because of anything bad about Newcastle, but because he was already in his dream team.

Tonali has been a fan of Milan since he was little. In fact, on his day, he chose Milan over Inter or Juventus, which paid him more.

They say in the press there that Milan needs the money and that they have forced him out.

Tonali's agent has also said that the money will help Milan and Brescia a lot (Former team that also receives a part).

14 minutes ago, Diego21 said:

On Sky Sports Italia they have been saying all day that Tonali did not want to leave Milan and that it was the club that forced him to accept the offer. Not because of anything bad about Newcastle, but because he was already in his dream team.

Tonali has been a fan of Milan since he was little. In fact, on his day, he chose Milan over Inter or Juventus, which paid him more.

They say in the press there that Milan needs the money and that they have forced him out.

Tonali's agent has also said that the money will help Milan and Brescia a lot (Former team that also receives a part).

I'm sure he was upset to leave his boyhood club, but he can wipe away the tears with the 115k a week. And it has to be said that, again, while I'm sure he was very conflicted, Milan and his agent were always likely to make it a smooth exit for him given his connection to the club. They aren't likely to say nah he's happy enough because he's tripling his wages, and he was upset about Maldini being pushed out anyway. And obviously it always leaves the room for him to move back to AC later in his career if he doesn't leave on bad terms, where the fans think he was happy to leave for better wages. 

Would you take Zaha on a free? I mistakenly thought he'd already decided to go to a Saudi side, but apparently he's yet to make a decision on where he'll play. He's 30 so obviously above the age range we've been looking at, but a bit of experience as well can't hurt. There has always been question marks about his mentality given his undoubted talent, but if Howe could work his magic he could be immense under the right circumstances. We could also sell ASM and put the money towards a third big money singing after we sign Maddison, Szoboszlai or some other attacking mid. Great bit of business 😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Polarboy said:

Would you take Zaha on a free? I mistakenly thought he'd already decided to go to a Saudi side, but apparently he's yet to make a decision on where he'll play. He's 30 so obviously above the age range we've been looking at, but a bit of experience as well can't hurt. There has always been question marks about his mentality given his undoubted talent, but if Howe could work his magic he could be immense under the right circumstances. We could also sell ASM and put the money towards a third big money singing after we sign Maddison, Szoboszlai or some other attacking mid. Great bit of business 😉

Experience of what though? Trippiers experience made sense, played at big clubs, won stuff.

Zaha has done nothing with his talent other than be a big fish in a small pond.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Experience of what though? Trippiers experience made sense, played at big clubs, won stuff.

Zaha has done nothing with his talent other than be a big fish in a small pond.

Having someone who's proven they can crack double figures on goals and assists over a number of years in the PL is decent experience in my book. And that's in a side who were predominantly extremely defensive under Hodgson. And look if his wage demands are ridiculous, and they likely will be given he's on a free and it's his last big contract, then it will be a nonstarter, but if they weren't we could do a lot worse on a free transfer. Again if Howe could bring out his full potential, and he was consistent over a season, he could be a monster. 

5 hours ago, Diego21 said:

Who gives a fuck? 

Italian journalists are constantly banging on about this shit, I couldn’t give a fuck. He’s advancing his career tbh and if people can’t see that they don’t understand football. 

Edited by Howay
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

Having someone who's proven they can crack double figures on goals and assists over a number of years in the PL is decent experience in my book. And that's in a side who were predominantly extremely defensive under Hodgson. And look if his wage demands are ridiculous, and they likely will be given he's on a free and it's his last big contract, then it will be a nonstarter, but if they weren't we could do a lot worse on a free transfer. Again if Howe could bring out his full potential, and he was consistent over a season, he could be a monster. 

If ASM is being discussed as leaving because he can't do the hard yards and is being criticised for rolling around on the ground then Zaha is even worse. I doubt he would work well in the Howe team environment as well. 

• Like 1
  • Jaysus... 1

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2023-24 season