Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

9 hours ago, ewerk said:

I know that 90% of this board probably only have about ten years left to see us win a trophy but for us young 'uns we've plenty of time to wait. Missing out on Europe would be a massive set back in our development and inevitably lead to the breaking up of some of the side.

10 fucking years? 

I’ll take that 

• Haha 2

Not that bothered. If us, Arsenal and other clubs that were rumored to be in for him kept their distance then there is likely a good reason. Might just be a Villa level player. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, aimaad22 said:

Not that bothered. If us, Arsenal and other clubs that were rumored to be in for him kept their distance then there is likely a good reason. Might just be a Villa level player. 

Arsenal might have been happy enough after they got Trossard in January. If the rumours are true in regard to both us and Arsenal being very interested in the last year or so, I don't see what would have changed since then and now. Ours and Arsenal's transfer priorities may have changed as opposed to us just going off the player entirely. In any case his ability to play at the highest level in the PL will only become apparent once the season gets underway. I see people saying he'll be another Bailey for Villa, but I don't think we'll be that lucky unfortunately. You don't get into the France squad if you're shite. 

• Like 1

Seen a clip of Walcott saying that Livramento reminded him of Bale when he first came through playing as a full back. Whether he's actually that good, or he'll eventually make a move up field into a more attacking role, only time will tell. 

47 minutes ago, aimaad22 said:

Bothered Catherine Tate GIF - Bothered Catherine Tate Tate - Discover &  Share GIFs

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

Arsenal might have been happy enough after they got Trossard in January. If the rumours are true in regard to both us and Arsenal being very interested in the last year or so, I don't see what would have changed since then and now. Ours and Arsenal's transfer priorities may have changed as opposed to us just going off the player entirely. In any case his ability to play at the highest level in the PL will only become apparent once the season gets underway. I see people saying he'll be another Bailey for Villa, but I don't think we'll be that lucky unfortunately. You don't get into the France squad if you're shite. 

I'm not saying he'll necessarily be shite. Looks like a few CL clubs looked at him and decided otherwsie. I don't see any of the European big boys chasing him either. Makes you wonder. 

Also re France squad:

200.gif?cid=7ad0e14cafyzt3ghgbdz9y2cdv13

• Haha 4

Stephane Guivarch btw to those who dont recognise him. A good old fashioned flop, now selling swimming pools. Or piscines in French, which sums up his performances for the toon.

image.thumb.jpeg.7cca3f0e44fa94ffd93b664570de437c.jpeg

• Haha 1

Really like the possible Livramento signing, he can play either full back position (as can Trippier), and a left flank of Livramento and Barnes is very pacey, strong, and direct. It’ll be interesting to see if we sign a right winger or if Gordon is the plan for that flank. I still think we need more this window but we will have a really strong first 11 that you can see clearly fits Howe’s system. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Howay said:

Really like the possible Livramento signing, he can play either full back position (as can Trippier), and a left flank of Livramento and Barnes is very pacey, strong, and direct. It’ll be interesting to see if we sign a right winger or if Gordon is the plan for that flank. I still think we need more this window but we will have a really strong first 11 that you can see clearly fits Howe’s system. 

I think the only real concern with him is the recent bad injury. Still very young though. Haven't seen a lot of him admittedly but he seems to fit the type most of us were calling for at LB last season, pacy, great on the ball and able to provide a threat when attacking. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, aimaad22 said:

I'm not saying he'll necessarily be shite. Looks like a few CL clubs looked at him and decided otherwsie. I don't see any of the European big boys chasing him either. Makes you wonder. 

Also re France squad:

200.gif?cid=7ad0e14cafyzt3ghgbdz9y2cdv13

😂 I probably should have specified the current France squad. Sissoko, Guivarc'h etc wouldn't get a sniff these days. Also for all his critics Sissoko was decent whenever he played for France. He had maybe three amazing games a season in him when he played for us, but he was a lot more consistent for France. 

• Like 1

I think something that hasn't been mentioned on here, or at least I haven't seen it, that I recently read, is that people who are resident in Saudi Arabia don't pay income tax. So just think about how much more money these players are making, and then add the fact that they won't pay a penny in income tax. It's fucking mental. 

1 hour ago, Meenzer said:

"The proposal originally involved Ryan Fraser but was subsequently improved". Harsh. :lol: 

:lol:

"OK, but would you take the same deal except without Ryan Fraser?"

• Haha 4

The thing that strikes me is that some of the players aren't in their twilight years. So it's all about the money really, I can't think of any footballing reason to go there.

Personally I'd rather see out my career in the US than KSA. Although you stand a higher chance of being shot or unlawfully detained in the US, especially as a person of colour.

1 hour ago, Kitman said:

The thing that strikes me is that some of the players aren't in their twilight years. So it's all about the money really, I can't think of any footballing reason to go there.

Personally I'd rather see out my career in the US than KSA. Although you stand a higher chance of being shot or unlawfully detained in the US, especially as a person of colour.

I expect most of these footballers to be spending their free time in Dubai etc. A lot of expats in Saudi, especially before MBS started opening up the place up, already do that. A short 2-3 hours flight away and with the kind of money these guys are on there's few places you could enjoy more luxury. 

• Like 2

It's unlikely we are dropping £30mil on a player to act as back up to Trippier the whole season. I wouldn't be surprised to see Trippier play at LB in the CL games 

Edited by Kid Dynamite

12 hours ago, Polarboy said:

We play them first game of the season. It's going to happen, he'll likely score, so we may as well prepare for it 😂

we must be going for chiesa 

12 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

It's unlikely we are dropping £30mil on a player to act as back up to Trippier the whole season. I wouldn't be surprised to see Trippier play at LB in the CL games 

There's going to be a lot of games this season, and we play a very energetic style. I wouldn't be shocked if Trippier and Livramento share the right back slot.

• Like 2

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2023-24 season