Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

1 hour ago, The Fish said:

I want to be clear, I like ASM, I've loved watching him play in Black and White, I've loved him taking the piss on the pitch and twitter and all that. But he's just the most saleable, least integral player in the squad. 

My issue has been the fetishisation of him. He's mint, but he's not the fucking Messiah. He'll give me as much joy with his goals and step-overs on some BEin highlight show, and those will be as integral to our season as they were when he was here under Howe.

Give it 3 or 4 seasons and we might buy another player with his talent, who'll dance around opponents, and twist defenders' blood, but then also do the rest of the work too. 

Thanks for making that clear, Dave. :good:

• Haha 9

Apparently a number of Championship clubs are interested in taking Kuol on loan. If we can get him some regular game time in the Championship that would obviously be a massive step up, from whatever was going on at Hearts. 

Edited by Polarboy
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Polarboy said:

Apparently a number of Championship clubs are interested in taking Kuol on loan. If we can get him some regular game time in the Championship that would obviously be a massive step up, from whatever was going on at Hearts. 

Hearts was all about getting him over here and settled/acclimatised as they had Aussie teammates of his.

This year he'll play somewhere.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Toonpack said:

Hearts was all about getting him over here and settled/acclimatised as they had Aussie teammates of his.

Thanks for clearing that up :smile:

• Haha 4

14 hours ago, Toonpack said:

At least the weather in Newcastle won’t seem quite so bad after all a few months up in Edinburgh 

1 hour ago, wykikitoon said:

Chelsea want £50m for Gallagher. Now how is that fair market value? 

Young English international I suppose.  Of course, wanting and getting is another matter.  I suppose West Ham have plenty floating about to waste.

23 hours ago, ewerk said:

Why the hell are they bidding £300m surely with one year on his contract PSG would accept less than half that?

Because for them, buying for 150 or 300M is like one day I am deciding between buying a loaf of bread or two.

And the best part is that according some media, Al Hilal let him go free to Real Madrid in 2024. 

Edited by Diego21

19 hours ago, Polarboy said:

• Like 3

It's very likely West Ham are going to largely waste that Rice money. Every other club knows they have it burning a hole in their pocket. 35m for Gallagher would be fair in my mind. He might go on to be consistent enough to warrant a higher fee, but there's enough uncertainty to keep the price lower. 

7 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

Chelsea want £50m for Gallagher. Now how is that fair market value? 

Good for us. We can use that to justify shipping Longstaff to Al Ahli for 60M in a couple of years' time. 

• Like 2

Fulham are supposedly close to signing a left back from Ajax for 18m. So you'd imagine Robinson will be on his way as I can't see Fulham signing 18m of cover for a left back. Whether we're at the head of the queue for him remains to be seen. The only wrinkle in it is that Robinson signed a new contract recently, but perhaps that was Fulham trying to secure a top price if he gets sold. 

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2023-24 season