Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

14 hours ago, LongTimeAdmirer said:

Stay at fulham at 120k per week, still paying taxes on it.

Go to saudi and get 400k per week and no taxes on it.

🤔

Can see why Mitrovic at 29 might be a little annoyed

Aye, but he wasn't annoyed when he signed a 4 year contract on £120k pw at Fulham of his own free will 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, LongTimeAdmirer said:

he’ll score bucketloads of goals and will return with some trophies after a couple of seasons to try to chase down Shearer’s record. I’m pleased for him. He made the right move 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

he’ll score bucketloads of goals and will return with some trophies after a couple of seasons to try to chase down Shearer’s record. I’m pleased for him. He made the right move 

First day there and already missed winning a trophy. I don’t know it was very wise to sign him…

9 hours ago, Holden McGroin said:

Tierney not in the squad today.

I'd take him

Not sure he's an Eddie defender. Not good in the air supposedly. 

I think Burn does decent enough of a job that you get an upgrade only if someone really promising is available. Like Livramento. 

8 hours ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

We do seem to really play 3 at the back most of the time. Eddie did say afterwards we were trying to get another in.

Tierney plays CB for Scotland doesn’t he?

So Eddie has said we are after one more player this window. 

I know we've been supposedly after a LB all window, and Tierney was supposed to signing number one according to the papers. But given we've got Tino, Krafth, Trippier, Manquillo, Burn, Dummett, Murphy, Ritchie and Targett who can all play full back, you've got to think it's a CB we are after. 

Anderson at Palace has been linked, but I'm hopeful Dan Ashworth has some unknown superstar in the making up his sleeve 

To be fair cucurella was playing in a shambolic Chelsea team and was being coached by fat frank so if Eddie and Dan like him then I have no complaints. His stock has fallen a bit so may be able to get in a bit cheaper?

If it's a loan with option to buy it's low risk and we know Eddie can develop a player

All of our buys so far have been a success, even Wood who was brought in to do a specific job

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, RobElliott said:

All of our buys so far have been a success, even Wood who was brought in to do a specific job

If that job was to not be at Burnley then he did that. Otherwise he did fuck all for us.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2023-24 season