Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

23 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Yeah. It's as odd as Chelsea letting Hall come to us! 

They dug themselves out of a hole by selling £2-300mil of players, and they've put themselves straight back in it

Don’t worry. Any misfiring players will be shipped off to Saudi for handsome fees next summer. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Howay said:

:lol: Delaney gutted he can’t write a long article accusing NUFC of cheating. 

This despite the fact we are clearly not being a selling club to ANYONE :lol: 

If we had sold anyone to Saudi for big money, this arse wipe would have accused us of circumventing FFP by stitching up overinflated deals. He'd be better served looking at what Chelsea are up to if he wants to sniff out stinky business.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Howay said:

:lol: Delaney gutted he can’t write a long article accusing NUFC of cheating. 

Isn't he still accusing us of cheating there by saying we are immune from the plight other teams are facing of having their players bought by the Saudi Pro League (for 'mega-money')?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, OTF said:

Isn't he still accusing us of cheating there by saying we are immune from the plight other teams are facing of having their players bought by the Saudi Pro League (for 'mega-money')?

If you look up “ Shit Weasel” in the dictionary it’s definition is “ Miguel Delaney”. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I don't think we're going to sign anyone and I don't know how our finances will be, but I'm still hopeful that we sign a new CB before the market closes.

PS: I think Pavard, who went to Inter for less than 30M, would have been an acquisition to take another step.

Seen us linked to a 20 year old PSV right winger called Johan Bakayoko by various sauces. It would be great to have serious competition for that right wing spot, besides Almiron and Murphy given their limitations. Of course it seems unlikely given FFP. I'd actually be tempted to give Livramento a few games in a more advanced role given his skill on the ball. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

Seen us linked to a 20 year old PSV right winger called Johan Bakayoko by various sauces. It would be great to have serious competition for that right wing spot, besides Almiron and Murphy given their limitations. Of course it seems unlikely given FFP. I'd actually be tempted to give Livramento a few games in a more advanced role given his skill on the ball. 

HP, Tomato, Worcester? 

• Haha 4

If FFP means that academy graduates are now just being brought through to create pure profit to balance massive transfer outlays it sort of makes a further mockery of a system which was utter bullshit in the first place :cuppa:

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

deadline day deals aren't really our jam

That used to be the case but we're different gravy now bay_bee.

• Haha 1

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2023-24 season