Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

German media is saying that there is a verbal agreement between Bayern and Trippier in place and that it is depending on the club.

Would be a huge loss on and off the pitch.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

German media is saying that there is a verbal agreement between Bayern and Trippier in place and that it is depending on the club.

Would be a huge loss on and off the pitch.

But if:

- it frees up £100mil to spend (£20mil x 5 seasons)

- buys us Onana and Solanke

- we have Tino/Krafth to play there

- and Tripps only has 2 seasons left at the top

then it might make sense.

Although a shed load of our chances come through him and we would miss his attacking output 

2 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

But if:

- it frees up £100mil to spend (£20mil x 5 seasons)

- buys us Onana and Solanke

- we have Tino/Krafth to play there

- and Tripps only has 2 seasons left at the top

then it might make sense.

Although a shed load of our chances come through him and we would miss his attacking output 

It can go either way. He was faultless until Everton aeay but has been hit and miss since then. Him going doesn’t seem as much as a tragedy as probably three months ago. It does also depend onbwhat we do with the money. Hecwill be on a huge wage as well.

But he has been an immense captain on my opinion and his vision did really help on the pitch and most likely off the pitch with youngsters as well.

• Like 2

FWIW I was told by someone close to him a couple of months back that he might not be here next season. That he'd been caught being naughty and then the burglary hadn't helped matters. Would make sense to cash in if we get a decent offer 

Some ITK postman has apparently uploaded a postcard already from Tripps to their lass so he's obviously already been over for a recce trip. :(

8d0a5p.jpg.12b98ab10870f6cac46edc7dcebe9f7c.jpg

• Haha 7

Aye makes us immediately worse, and I don't really see how the fee would do anything for our ability to progress.

If he goes, I'd assume it's cos an offer has come in and he's asked the club to let him leave. And tbf I couldn't blame him, it's Bayern Munich. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, spongebob toonpants said:

I can't see any way him leaving doesn’t weaken the team. 

I'll be fucking gutted

Yup. He is head and shoulders the best right back I've ever seen play for us.

Get a fucking grip, you absolute fannies. You’re middle aged men, ffs. If he leaves he’s been a massive part of this team’s transformation to take us from being absolute shite nobodies to PL ‘playas’.  So fair play and thanks a lot. But he came here for the money and cause it suited his career. Even if his weekly wage was lower his contract was bigger. If he wants to go, fine. It’s business. He’s towards the end of his career and we’re at the start of being so big we’ll need three wheelbarrows for each testicle. It’s not like the owners are going to pocket the money and not re-invest it

Edited by Alex
  • Like 7
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Alex said:

Get a fucking grip, you absolute fannies. Your middle aged men, ffs. If he leaves he’s been a massive part of this team’s transformation to take us from being absolute shite nobodies to PL ‘playas’.  So fair play and thanks a lot. But he came here for the money and cause it suited his career. Even if his weekly wage was lower his contract was bigger. If he wants to go, fine. It’s business. He’s towards the end of his career and we’re at the start of being so big we’ll need three wheelbarrows for each testicle. It’s not like the owners are going to pocket all the money so stop acting like post-Abramovich Chelsea fans

Showtime Good Point GIF by Billions

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I don't really see how the fee would do anything for our ability to progress.

Because we have no wiggle room with FFP atm. Bring in £10mil for him and you can buy a £50mil player, spreading the fee over a 5 year contract. 

He's been class for us, but he's got 2 or 3 seasons left in him at most. We already own his replacement too

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Because we have no wiggle room with FFP atm. Bring in £10mil for him and you can buy a £50mil player, spreading the fee over a 5 year contract. 

He's been class for us, but he's got 2 or 3 seasons left in him at most. We already own his replacement too

And we’ve already signed his long term replacement 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Alex said:

Get a fucking grip, you absolute fannies. You’re middle aged men, ffs. If he leaves he’s been a massive part of this team’s transformation to take us from being absolute shite nobodies to PL ‘playas’.  So fair play and thanks a lot. But he came here for the money and cause it suited his career. Even if his weekly wage was lower his contract was bigger. If he wants to go, fine. It’s business. He’s towards the end of his career and we’re at the start of being so big we’ll need three wheelbarrows for each testicle. It’s not like the owners are going to pocket the money and not re-invest it

That last points the key one for me.

Anyone leaving will be sold with a view to using the money to improve, which is just NOT how its been for us in decades.

The owners dont want or need to take any money out, they only want to be the biggest club they can.

• Like 5