Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

13 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

"Up to" £4mil loan fee with no obligation. We should have been in for him at that price 

Might’ve been different terms for us (if we were even interested) 

I can't even say I am disappointed about us not spending this transfer window.  I am surprised we didn't due to the injuries we have an how lightweight out mid is.  But I am trusting the process.

If we don't spend in summer and bring in at least 5 players then I will start to think something is a bit wrong.

12 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

I can't even say I am disappointed about us not spending this transfer window.  I am surprised we didn't due to the injuries we have an how lightweight out mid is.  But I am trusting the process.

If we don't spend in summer and bring in at least 5 players then I will start to think something is a bit wrong.

The only reason we didn't spend this month is the same as literally every other club, FFP/PSR.

This has been one of the quietest transfer windows in years for that reason only.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

He's only just 22. Scored 9 goals last season. Exactly the type of young back up we need for the 2 cripples we have up front 

He scored one goal last season. It speaks volumes that a mid table club crying out for a goal scorer like Chelsea are letting him go out on loan.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Andrew said:

The only reason we didn't spend this month is the same as literally every other club, FFP/PSR.

This has been one of the quietest transfer windows in years for that reason only.

Almost £750m down from last Jan

It's good that this has happened cos the PL won't like a dent to its "box office" reputation. 

Hopefully it hastens a fix to the ridiculous current situation where clubs with perfectly sustainable business models are being prevented from progressing. 

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

It's good that this has happened cos the PL won't like a dent to its "box office" reputation. 

Hopefully it hastens a fix to the ridiculous current situation where clubs with perfectly sustainable business models are being prevented from progressing. 

Hopefully the coward clubs who voted for it in reverence to the 6 cunts (more like 5 as I think Man City are a bit different) will now either make some noise or consider their position when changes are proposed. 

9 minutes ago, NJS said:

Hopefully the coward clubs who voted for it in reverence to the 6 cunts (more like 5 as I think Man City are a bit different) will now either make some noise or consider their position when changes are proposed. 

Weren't we one of those coward clubs? :ermm:

4 hours ago, OTF said:

Mitrovic scored 9 goals for us in the premier league as a 20 year old and many thought he was a lazy mental knacker.

ARE YOU WATCHING RAFA? :smile:

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, MrBass said:

Weren't we one of those coward clubs? :ermm:

If we were, it would have been Mike Ashley absolutely loving a rule that said he couldn't spend any money. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

Almost £750m down from last Jan

Last January was an outlier, 10 seasons prior to that one, the average gross spend for the entire league was around €250m. Chelsea being the main driver in that 22/23 winter window, accounting for 40% of the transfer outlay and nearly trebling our "huge shopping spree" that followed our takeover.

Here's the last 11 seasons winter window spends

image.thumb.png.890ef5327f770b4bb6347961fd31643b.png

Don't have the figures for this window yet.

Edited by The Fish
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, ewerk said:

He scored one goal last season. It speaks volumes that a mid table club crying out for a goal scorer like Chelsea are letting him go out on loan.

Exactly mate. Stay well clear. He hasn't displayed a great attitude in the games I've seen either, he definitely wouldn't fit into the high energy/high press system Señor Howe adopts that is for sure.

10 hours ago, Anorthernsoul said:

Exactly mate. Stay well clear. He hasn't displayed a great attitude in the games I've seen either, he definitely wouldn't fit into the high energy/high press system Señor Howe adopts that is for sure.

You could say that about most of the relics from the previous regime. 

• Like 1

Could see that deal coming from a mile off. Laughable really, as going into January the big ho-ha was us being able to just sign players like Neves, Laporte on loan from Saudi clubs.

Would be happy for Al-Rumayyan to have a nice word with the PIF clubs in Saudi to start moving their attentions to these talents from South America. Which ever way you look at it their would be no loser - other than the butthurt PL. It would also instantly readress the market imbalance Saudi has caused the transfer value landscape.

I see no loser whatsoever, and would be perfect for us too in terms of next 5 years. It could be a very well thought out long game of 4D Chess by PIF to fuckover the Prem Top6 that tried to close shop over our PIF's involvment with us. They could easily position themselves in a way Madrid have been doing for a while now - Casimero, Vinicius, Rodrygo, Endrick - and be hoovering up Brazil's next stars, from which we naturally become first refusers when they move.

Edited by Nefilim

11 hours ago, Nefilim said:

Could see that deal coming from a mile off. Laughable really, as going into January the big ho-ha was us being able to just sign players like Neves, Laporte on loan from Saudi clubs.

Would be happy for Al-Rumayyan to have a nice word with the PIF clubs in Saudi to start moving their attentions to these talents from South America. Which ever way you look at it their would be no loser - other than the butthurt PL. It would also instantly readress the market imbalance Saudi has caused the transfer value landscape.

I see no loser whatsoever, and would be perfect for us too in terms of next 5 years. It could be a very well thought out long game of 4D Chess by PIF to fuckover the Prem Top6 that tried to close shop over our PIF's involvment with us. They could easily position themselves in a way Madrid have been doing for a while now - Casimero, Vinicius, Rodrygo, Endrick - and be hoovering up Brazil's next stars, from which we naturally become first refusers when they move.

Why, in the world, would promising South American talents move to the Saudi League? The standard over there is terrible, so their progress would be stymied. 

• Like 1

Just now, The Fish said:

Why, in the world, would promising South American talents move to the Saudi League? The standard over there is terrible, so their progress would be stymied. 

You haven't considered the obvious answer:

illuminati GIF

• Haha 9

The strengthening of the Saudi league (for want of a better phrase) is about raising its profile ahead of Saudi Arabia hosting the World Cup in 10 years imo. Rather than producing feeder clubs / means of getting around FFP for NUFC. 
(And more generally raising the country’s profile) 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Alex said:

The strengthening of the Saudi league (for want of a better phrase) is about raising its profile ahead of Saudi Arabia hosting the World Cup in 10 years imo. Rather than producing feeder clubs / means of getting around FFP for NUFC. 
(And more generally raising the country’s profile) 

Raising its profile and improving the quality of Saudi players as well you would think. Bloody expensive exercise.

Edited by OTF
  • Like 1