Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

5 minutes ago, Alex said:

That’s the Japanese. If you’re going to be fucking lacist, at least get it wight 

All look the same to me tbh

• 2 weeks later...

A lot of talk on Twitter about Minteh being Almiron's replacement because he's scored a few goals this season. 

Had a quick look on the Feyenoord forum this morning and the consensus seems to be he's fast/tricky, but has zero positional or tactical awareness. Sounds like he's a long way off being PL ready 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kid Dynamite said:

A lot of talk on Twitter about Minteh being Almiron's replacement because he's scored a few goals this season. 

Had a quick look on the Feyenoord forum this morning and the consensus seems to be he's fast/tricky, but has zero positional or tactical awareness. Sounds like he's a long way off being PL ready 

he sounds like another ASM - an exciting technical player but will need a lot of coaching before he can play in eddie howe's system. he may well replace miggy next season, as a squad player, but i think we would still need a first choice RW and to use him sparingly as a rotation option to see how he develops. 

the stat nerds will note that his take on numbers are really good but his passing metrics are less impressive. he'll have everyone off their seat when he dribbles past his man, then groaning when he gives it away a'la ASM

Screenshot 2024-02-26 at 10.56.37.png

Edited by Dr Gloom
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

There is a lot of talk on here too, all from one person - who happens to love a very similar player who was equally as frustrating.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

There is a lot of talk on here too, all from one person - who happens to love a very similar player who was equally as frustrating.

Britney Spears GIF

🙂 

• Haha 1

I read similar a couple of months ago. He's raw as fuck and I don't think they're overly impressed either. 

Just a few goals? 

• Haha 7

13 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

:lol:
If a mackem and his wife get divorced are they still brother and sister? 

Moreso, who does the niece stay with when they are visiting their sister? And what do they use to get the drool out of their sistercousin's knickers?

• Haha 2

Minteh is having a top season at 19 years of age playing in the champions league + holland. Next season under Eddies watch he is only going to get better and better, aka MINT-eh. No other RW required. 

jose-mourinho-ssh.gif

Edited by LongTimeAdmirer

I disagree. I think in Minteh we may have another Maxi type player that Howe will never see as more than an impact sub. I think the fact that he's a teenager still should help him if he's a grafter and listens then there is time for him to be moulded into something Howe wants but I'm yet to be convinced.

I'd love to be wrong though.

50 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

I disagree. I think in Minteh we may have another Maxi type player that Howe will never see as more than an impact sub. I think the fact that he's a teenager still should help him if he's a grafter and listens then there is time for him to be moulded into something Howe wants but I'm yet to be convinced.

I'd love to be wrong though.

If Howe could have he would have kept ASM as a wildcard impact player to use off the bench. As it were he was the only noteable saleable asset that could be shifted to help shape the core of the team.

Ashworth's "buying young" model hasn't exactly been a roaring success has it? Minteh looks alright, but Kuol looks fucking hopeless from what I've seen. Hopefully this kid from City bucks the trend 

32 minutes ago, OTF said:

If Howe could have he would have kept ASM as a wildcard impact player to use off the bench. As it were he was the only noteable saleable asset that could be shifted to help shape the core of the team.

I don't think he would have. I think he was diplomatic and said the right things professionally, but ASM never fit the mould Howe wanted in a winger. Maxi was never going to be happy warming the bench, but he was also never going to become the all rounder winger the manager wanted. For one thing he was too fragile, he couldn't manage more than three starts before breaking down with another injury.

Minteh could well be that player but a young kid with ambition probably won't tolerate that for too long either.

12 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Ashworth's "buying young" model hasn't exactly been a roaring success has it? Minteh looks alright, but Kuol looks fucking hopeless from what I've seen. Hopefully this kid from City bucks the trend 

Wasn't Kuol before Ashworth? Same with Ashby.