Jump to content

Transfers, 2023-24 season


trophyshy
 Share

Recommended Posts

Leipzig won their last four games (including a win over Champions Bayern) to lock in Champion's League themselves for next season. They finished on 66 points. But before anyone gets excited they have only 18 teams in their top flight so it's a 34 games season. Their qualification will likely strengthen their resolve to keep Szoboszlai or at least force the €70m release clause. Leverkusen missed out on champion's league which could influence their decision on Diaby who is contraced until 2025. Diaby is not comparable to Szoboszlai or Maddison, he's more natural out wide.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, RobinRobin said:

ap-huh.gif.8face64b5fb402d94d318d5410594b3f.gif

Basically says Szoboszlai'a not a diving fanny and is much more suited to Howe's pressing tactics. He doesn't push as high up the pitch and is a better passer.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, OTF said:

Basically says Szoboszlai'a not a diving fanny and is much more suited to Howe's pressing tactics. He doesn't push as high up the pitch and is a better passer.

Baby Thank You GIF

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Szoboszlai>Maddison

 

The Hungarian is younger.

The Hungarian will cost a lot more money to transfer, but he will ask for less salary, so the price will probably end up being quite similar.

I like that Maddison has played well in the Premier League and we agree that Szoboszlai is a bit more unknown, but that's not 100% effective either. How many players who played well in other Premier teams did not here?

I think Maddison's peak level is where he is today, but Szoboszlai can still improve and become a star. I really like Maddison (in fact, last year I commented here that I would sign him before Paquetá), , but I think the Hungarian can go to another level.

I think Maddison's style of play is slower, calmer and he doesn't have as much pressure. Szoboszlai seems to me a player with much more drive, with a good stride and capable of playing very well on the counterattack.

I think Szoboszlai can play both on the right and in the middle and he can be a good long ball shooter and a good passer against tight defences.

  • Like 12
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Rayvin said:

I like the idea of calling him "the Hungarian" to get around trying to remember the spelling of his name too.

Agreed.

 

I propose an automatic 48 hour ban for anyone who refers to him as anything other than “The Hungarian” or “The Magyar”.

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Seen us linked to this guy a few times. He played with Botman at Ajax and the Dutch under 21's, so it makes sense that we'd be after him. The rumour is that he's more than happy to stay at Torino for another year. So if we really like him, and that rumour is true, we could perhaps sort a plan to cover Schar for a season with a loan and go back in for him season after next. Assuming of course that he's indicated he'd be open to that. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Rayvin said:

I like the idea of calling him "the Hungarian" to get around trying to remember the spelling of his name too.

 

Just remember that in Hungarian sz is equivalent to an english s, so with that piece of knowledge it effectively becomes a sounding word - "the Hungarian".

Edited by OTF
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Polarboy said:

Seen us linked to this guy a few times. He played with Botman at Ajax and the Dutch under 21's, so it makes sense that we'd be after him. The rumour is that he's more than happy to stay at Torino for another year. So if we really like him, and that rumour is true, we could perhaps sort a plan to cover Schar for a season with a loan and go back in for him season after next. Assuming of course that he's indicated he'd be open to that. 

 

Our scouts have come back with their condition report for the Dutch defender.

 

Ah, Perr Schurrs,

Perr Schurr's real good.

salt n pepa dancing GIF

 

Well, it was nice posting here, have a good life all.

  • Haha 6
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2023-24 season

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.