Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

3 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Bet you've never seen him play. You just like him cos he's foreign.

What does he play? A False Puttanesca? 

Gan strerk yer beeyadd, ya fockin doyle cunt.

Dead easy, this luddite lark.

Robot Wtf GIF

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Fans putting 2+2 together and getting 5 with regards to transfers is hardly the clubs problem

It’s one’s like this that make me laugh :lol:. 2 year ago we struggled and failed to get Hamza Choudry on loan and now whinging we didn’t buy Tonali and Szoboszlai, fucking hell man we have no idea if we were even actually in for Szoboszlai same as we all had no fucking clue there was any possibility of signing Tonali. We clearly need more players but I feel some of our fans haven’t grasped just how massive a signing Sandro Tonali is for us, he was an integral part of a Scudetto winning side and people complain because we aren’t signing a Hungarian they’d only started hearing about this season. 

FWIW I’m disappointed as I was excited at the possibilities of both Maddison and Szoboszlai playing for us, but that’s what’s fucking class about all this we’re linked to these types of players and it’s possible, I’m confident we will sign what we need. 

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

Robot Wtf GIF

That was more of a rebuke to some others who dare doubt me.

Franca looks exciting, but then they all do.

2 hours ago, Polarboy said:

A new name to add to the list. Samuel Chukwueze, a Nigerian winger who plays for Villarreal. Supposedly AC Milan are leading the race but are haggling over the price of 25-30m euros. He could be a decent option on the right for us. He's supposedly ridiculously fast. Milan fans are going to be burning effigies of the club if we gazump them on this lad as well. 

https://www.geordiebootboys.com/transfers/newcastle-now-monitoring-amazing-25m-winger-who-is-absolutely-rapid-journalist/

Never heard of him. Get him signed. 

• Haha 3

The fans having a meltdown on Twitter must hardly have followed the club's strategy since the takeover. Its clear the objective is to be at the top one day but also that it will take time. We don't engage in bidding wars or entertain silly demands from selling clubs. It's a methodical, well planned approach and it has worked wonders for us so far. Lingaard, Ekitike, Diego Carlos, Digne, Paqueta a few that I can remember we all wanted to sign but we found better alternatives in the end. 

I am a bit concerned because I feel we need at least another 3 in addition to Tonali to have a good chance of retaining our CL spot, but I think the club will get them and they'll only be ones that come on our terms. 

• Like 5

39 minutes ago, aimaad22 said:

The fans having a meltdown on Twitter must hardly have followed the club's strategy since the takeover. Its clear the objective is to be at the top one day but also that it will take time. We don't engage in bidding wars or entertain silly demands from selling clubs. It's a methodical, well planned approach and it has worked wonders for us so far. Lingaard, Ekitike, Diego Carlos, Digne, Paqueta a few that I can remember we all wanted to sign but we found better alternatives in the end. 

I am a bit concerned because I feel we need at least another 3 in addition to Tonali to have a good chance of retaining our CL spot, but I think the club will get them and they'll only be ones that come on our terms. 

Agreed re' your first paragraph.

If we set our stall out now, we're not going to get our pants pulled down later down the line.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Howay said:

It’s one’s like this that make me laugh :lol:. 2 year ago we struggled and failed to get Hamza Choudry on loan and now whinging we didn’t buy Tonali and Szoboszlai, fucking hell man we have no idea if we were even actually in for Szoboszlai same as we all had no fucking clue there was any possibility of signing Tonali. We clearly need more players but I feel some of our fans haven’t grasped just how massive a signing Sandro Tonali is for us, he was an integral part of a Scudetto winning side and people complain because we aren’t signing a Hungarian they’d only started hearing about this season. 

FWIW I’m disappointed as I was excited at the possibilities of both Maddison and Szoboszlai playing for us, but that’s what’s fucking class about all this we’re linked to these types of players and it’s possible, I’m confident we will sign what we need. 

Who the fuck’s that bint? 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Howay said:

Aye. But tits.

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, Polarboy said:

A new name to add to the list. Samuel Chukwueze, a Nigerian winger who plays for Villarreal. Supposedly AC Milan are leading the race but are haggling over the price of 25-30m euros. He could be a decent option on the right for us. He's supposedly ridiculously fast. Milan fans are going to be burning effigies of the club if we gazump them on this lad as well. 

https://www.geordiebootboys.com/transfers/newcastle-now-monitoring-amazing-25m-winger-who-is-absolutely-rapid-journalist/

He is a pure right winger. Very fast. But it is very irregular. We can say that it is a small version of ASM on the other band.

In recent months I have been talking with a person in charge of the Villarreal sports management with whom I have become friends and she has confirmed that for them she is the best pearl of their academy.

This year has been his best year. And for example, he himself destroyed Real Madrid.

I think he could have a good impact in the Premier.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, LongTimeAdmirer said:

Anyone we should pick up? @Diego21

Thinking Scheming GIF

Not really.

Fernando (Ex City) is a very good player, but it's already 35 years...

Bono (the goalkeeper) would be a good substitute for Pope, but we already have Dubravka.

Acuña (Left Back) I like a lot, but I'm not sure he can adapt to the Premier League.

Little more.

Gudelj, Ocampos or En Nesiry are good players, but here they would come to play a substitute role and we already have better players in their position, even as substitutes.

• Like 3

Tonali getting announced on July 1st apparently. The first day of the new FFP window.

You wonder whether Szoboslai's release clause expiring on June 30th might have nixed the deal? 

Edited by Kid Dynamite
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Howay said:

Szoboszlai was a much better fit for our team IMO and his stock is on a continued rise where-as I feel Maddison, after his last season, doesn't have the application that Howe desires. Szoboszlai has done it at every level for a number of years, people on here who hadn't heard of him before our interest honestly need not comment on it.

3 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

🤣

Honestly comments like that, apart from being an obvious trolling attempt, are just holding your hand up and admitting to having no idea about the talent being discussed.

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2023-24 season