Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

10 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Honestly reckon this shit needs a 3 day ban attached. We all know who is credible and who isn’t ffs.

😂I hadn't realised that you were being held down Clockwork Orange style being forced to read it, so I apologise. The facts are that yes a lot of it is shite, but there are local football journalists in various countries who get wind of a move a day or two in advance of people like Ornstein, Romano, Sky Sports etc. Mouth of the Tyne is an ITK, but it's when they say they have an exclusive with no source that you can dismiss it out of hand. The two above stories could easily be incorrect, but they do have at least vaguely reputable sources that are being quoted. When people unironically post people like Sean Casey you might have a point, at least without the authoritarian ban hammer nonsense. 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that AH calling for bans is probably not meant to be taken seriously :lol:

You possibly know the kind of stuff that AH posts better than I would. It's difficult to tell who's being serious and not out here on the internet these days. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

😂I hadn't realised that you were being held down Clockwork Orange style being forced to read it, so I apologise. The facts are that yes a lot of it is shite, but there are local football journalists in various countries who get wind of a move a day or two in advance of people like Ornstein, Romano, Sky Sports etc. Mouth of the Tyne is an ITK, but it's when they say they have an exclusive with no source that you can dismiss it out of hand. The two above stories could easily be incorrect, but they do have at least vaguely reputable sources that are being quoted. When people unironically post people like Sean Casey you might have a point, at least without the authoritarian ban hammer nonsense. 

Burnsie, the man who claimed to be abducted by aliens is not ITK with regards to his own reality, never mind the inner workings of NUFC. A club that has locked down more secrets than North Korea

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Honestly reckon this shit needs a 3 day ban attached. We all know who is credible and who isn’t ffs.

something to do innit 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

You possibly know the kind of stuff that AH posts better than I would. It's difficult to tell who's being serious and not out here on the internet these days. 

stop spewing shit you despicable cunt of a man 

7 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Burnsie, the man who claimed to be abducted by aliens is not ITK with regards to his own reality, never mind the inner workings of NUFC. A club that has locked down more secrets than North Korea

Who the fuck is Burnsie? The guy who runs Mouth of the Tyne? If that's who you mean my point was that he was quoting other journalists, who may or may not be reputable, as opposed to just making shit up himself in those tweets on the previous page.. 

47 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

Fair enough, but as a ressurance, no one on here is going to call for bans except in the most extreme circumstances - and even then there's a good deal of hand wringing about it. We prefer to hound people off the site rather than ban them, from what I've seen :D We've let mackems run amok without doing a damn thing other than setting essembee on them (they probably would have preferred to have been banned). We've let wums of all stripes sign up and have a go. The only person I can recall us banning in any recent history was Quiff and there was good reason behind it, unfortunately.

We're not a ban-happy community at all.

As for AH, I don't think I've seen him make a fully serious post in the entire time I've been on this forum ;) 

• Like 2

Can't believe Musk is attacking free speech like this. Restricting what people can see ffs. A card carrying member of the tofu eating wokerati, clearly.

• Haha 3

21 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

So does that mean if I keep refreshing my feed I'll only be fed 600 tweets a day?

Musk is a fucking moron mind.

I've rejoined, been on a couple of days, now getting nothing on my feed on the app, uninstalled, reinstalled, turned phone on and off keep getting stupid messages, finally got on via the web and I've deactivated the account. What a monumental cunt this musk is. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

You talking about me and Diego?

I used to think our new owners may have taken a measured approach to transfers even if FFP wasn't a factor. But looking at what the Saudi clubs are now doing we would absolutely be bidding 200M for Mbappe right now :lol:

1 hour ago, aimaad22 said:

I used to think our new owners may have taken a measured approach to transfers even if FFP wasn't a factor. But looking at what the Saudi clubs are now doing we would absolutely be bidding 200M for  they should buy Mbappe for one of the clubs and loan him to us along with Neves, for free right now :lol:

FYP

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Rayvin said:

Can't believe Musk is attacking free speech like this. Restricting what people can see ffs. A card carrying member of the tofu eating wokerati, clearly.

wtf? is eating tofu somehow evil to you? please expain 

For some reason, today, I reinstalled the last Football Manager game I played, which was FM11 and oh my, we had a pretty shocking team back then. The first 11 was decent but absolutely no depth, Shefki Kuqi, Nile Ranger, Mike Williamson,  Sol Campbell, Leon Best... 

It was a nice reminder about how far we have come in the last 18 months and why I have full faith in Eddie, Dan and Mandy this window!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Rayvin said:

Oh he isnt attacking free speech.

Hes stupid  

He has completely fucked twitter in the last 24 hours mostly by accident and now hes trying to save face.

20230702_124207.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, Andrew said:

Hes stupid  

He has completely fucked twitter in the last 24 hours mostly by accident and now hes trying to save face.

20230702_124207.jpg

If that is all true then it's bloody hilarious.

5 hours ago, Andrew said:

Hes stupid  

20230702_124207.jpg

What a fucking idiot. 

Also, I'm pretty sure the last sentence of @Rayvin's post is sarcasm.

If anyone is on Mastodon, let me know your username. 

• Like 1

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2023-24 season