Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

26 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

it's a rollercoaster 

As good as he may be, if he's holding out for an offer from Milan do we really want him here?  Howe's building a squad that want to play for NUFC, not a squad of "meh, only option so I guess I will" journeymen.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, MrBass said:

As good as he may be, if he's holding out for an offer from Milan do we really want him here?  Howe's building a squad that want to play for NUFC, not a squad of "meh, only option so I guess I will" journeymen.

not sure i'd file him under journeyman. he's a 22 year old prospect who knows the italian champions are after him

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dr Gloom said:

not sure i'd file him under journeyman. he's a 22 year old prospect who knows the italian champions are after him

he'd have an easier time at Milan as well. the games slower there, whereas the premiership is possibly something he needs to get accustomed to. he's not that mobile from what i've seen. strong and with good positional play, i may of course be wrong.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Nunez agreed with the bin dippers

They’ve spent about £1bn of the £100m Coutinho money so far. I wonder how much is left?

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Any player that has the opportunity to join Newcastle United but opts to go elsewhere is a journeyman FACT! :lol:

• Thanks 1

I honestly am starting to wonder if Milan even have the money to buy him. It’s starting to seem like they are using the media to try and strong arm him into wanting to join them, hoping he rejects us, and then they can discuss a lower fee with Lille. With us in the picture Lille won’t reduce the fee. Have Milan even ever bid for Botman despite us being told about 200 times by Italian Journalists that he’s basically signed for them? 

If we gazump ya fucker AC Milan this early in the ‘project’ that’s insane :lol:. I even saw a mackem on twitter say “Milan are going to beat yas to a player” as if that’s a fucking slight :lol:, the fact we are actually in the picture and it seems to be tipping our way in a deal against the Italian champions who are also AC fucking Meeeelan is bonkers - a year ago we wouldn’t pay £850k for Hamza Choudrey on loan. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

I am actually not bothered about signing those players or missing out because of bigger teams gazumping or we don’t budge because of ridiculous demands due to our ownership.

Just going through another window actually actively trying to sign the right kind of players is totally different to the fat cunt’s approach to run a football team.

I have no doubts about us fielding a stronger team than last season come July.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

NUFC eye surprise move for Swiss international entering final 12 months of contract - TalkSPORT | NUFC blog – Newcastle United blog – NUFC Fixtures, News and Forum.

The source is Alex Crook off Talksport, so take it for what you will, but supposedly we've shifted our focus from Henderson to Schar's Swiss international team-mate Yann Sommer. It obviously wouldn't be surprising if Man U are playing silly beggars again with Henderson much like they did with Lingard. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MrBass said:

He's already said befoe he's really interested in our project so I certainly don't think he'd just be coming because we're his only option.  Whether he'd prefer Milan is a different matter but then again it seems to be mostly coming from the Italian press that they are his preference.  Whether that's what Milan are briefing them or just their own Italian bias, it may not be reality.

I have to admit that taking my love for Newcastle out of it, if I had the choice of Milan or Newcastle I can't say I'd be ending up on Tyneside.  Milan is a great club and champions of Italy.  We have a decent English history, a small history in Europe but play in the premier league and have lots of money (that we aren't spunking all over the place yet).  I still think we should be second choice at this stage to most player of his ilk.

• Like 2

I was slightly surprised to see he’s 33yr old. 

Same as Dubravka and two years older than Darlow. 

I know age is less of an issue for keepers, but still made my eyebrow twitch upwards slightly. 

29 minutes ago, David Kelly said:

He's already said befoe he's really interested in our project so I certainly don't think he'd just be coming because we're his only option.  Whether he'd prefer Milan is a different matter but then again it seems to be mostly coming from the Italian press that they are his preference.  Whether that's what Milan are briefing them or just their own Italian bias, it may not be reality.

I have to admit that taking my love for Newcastle out of it, if I had the choice of Milan or Newcastle I can't say I'd be ending up on Tyneside.  Milan is a great club and champions of Italy.  We have a decent English history, a small history in Europe but play in the premier league and have lots of money (that we aren't spunking all over the place yet).  I still think we should be second choice at this stage to most player of his ilk.

Fair enough, but the EPL is the best league in the world at the moment so don't discount the draw that would have for him. The coverage I've seen so far is him saying he's more interested in having it sorted by the time his national duties are complete so he can go on proper vacation.

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2023-24 season