Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

Just now, LongTimeAdmirer said:

@Dr Gloom 

Didn't you want this fella? 10mil... worth a punt

yeah, mainly so we could play bruno further forwards but i suppose he's not one for the long term, and since we got burn and trippier in to steady the ship, we seem intent more on getting in young players howe can develop 

Just now, LongTimeAdmirer said:

:lol:

Im hoping if i say it loud, it will actually happen

1 follower, which is one more than they had yesterday :lol: 

• Haha 4

You’d have to think a couple of seasons outside the CL, which isn’t at all far-fetched, could see Chelsea in some serious bother from a financial pov. Their spending this season is absolutely crackers 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 3

Just now, Alex said:

You’d have to think a couple of seasons outside the CL, which isn’t at all far-fetched, could see Chelsea in some serious bother from a financial pov. Their spending this season is absolutely crackers 

they're spending how people thought we would after the saudis came in 

• Like 3

Just now, AgentAxeman said:

A direct rival? They've just sold a midfielder to fuckin arsenal! 

tbf, we're more of a rival in the sense that they still have a slim outside chance of top 4. they're fucking miles away from the title race

3 minutes ago, Alex said:

Yup, they're bang in trouble without future increases to their income. With Arsenal, Liverpool, Manchester City, Manchester United, Newcastle and Tottenham, that's 7 teams for 4 spots. Regardless if they're improved by this splurge or not, that's still a big risk. 

Also, how committed are they to Potter? Say he doesn't pan out have they got a coach who plays a similar style in mind to take over? Going off this transfer window, I'd guess not.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Update

Ive checked flight radar and there’s only one flight in the entire world currently on its way to Newcastle and that’s from Faro.

Yeah. But where’s it coming from? 

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, Tom said:

I’d be surprised if Potter had anything to do with this scattergun transfer approach.

Yeah exactly, they're just throwing players at Potter who'll do his best (which I think is pretty good) but this slipshod approach is surely doomed to fail. When it does they'll have a bloated squad on phat wages that some new manager will have to get a tune out of because they've exhausted their FFP wriggle room. Nobody will be pay top dollar because everyone will know that Chelsea have to sell. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Fish said:

Yeah exactly, they're just throwing players at Potter who'll do his best (which I think is pretty good) but this slipshod approach is surely doomed to fail. When it does they'll have a bloated squad on phat wages that some new manager will have to get a tune out of because they've exhausted their FFP wriggle room. Nobody will be pay top dollar because everyone will know that Chelsea have to sell. 

Aye I’ve been searching about out of interest to try and find someone that discusses the more medium term impacts for chelsea, as there’s just a lot screaming on about how it’s fine right this minute but not many discussing down the line. Swiss ramble did a piece where it’s basically saying they need to have big sales like they did recently, but he questioned on if that’s realistic. Surely this will end in trouble. 

3 minutes ago, The Fish said:

They must have 2-3 players for every position, keeping them all happy will be a challenge not to mention those who decide to just enjoy the money.

34 minutes ago, Alex said:

It's the nearest I've seen to Leeds United's epic financial failure from 20 years ago. It's a huge, huge gamble. Reckless if you ask me.

• Like 1

https://swissramble.substack.com/p/will-chelseas-transfer-spend-break

Here’s the piece, so their losses are fucking huge each year and unlikely to improve but they’ve been overcoming them with massive player sales. The issue they have is that’s less likely going forward, which has started telling with the struggles to move on the likes of Bakayoko, Lukaku, Ziyech, etc. 

Anything but a CL spot will be a huge failure money wise as the Europa League makes you jack shit money unless you can win in and quailfy for the following years CL

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2023-24 season