Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

You can’t turn down Madrid. I suspect he’ll stay unless they give Levy what he wants (which might mean he’ll go for a free in the summer). Madrid really need a striker though.

Good game of cat and mouse coming up.

I've never understood why more British players don't go abroad. Especially when fucking Real Madrid come calling.

Get out of your London shitheap, get yourself a Scarface mansion with a pool and spend your evenings sat out in the sun, you big chinned prick.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I've never understood why more British players don't go abroad. Especially when fucking Real Madrid come calling.

Get out of your London shitheap, get yourself a Scarface mansion with a pool and spend your evenings sat out in the sun, you big chinned prick.

Most are scared of leaving London so Madrid is terrifying (especially as they can't speak English never mind Spanish) 

• Like 2

Just now, GrahamTaylor5 said:

I do not understand the draw of Aston Villa 

Probably doesn't need to move house. They're a better prospect than they were 12 months ago. 

• Like 1

Not exactly a shocking assertion from Sky Sports given Spurs aren't even in the Europa Conference, their best player is likely going, and their new manager is unproven at the top level. If Maddison was still pushing to join Spurs, seemingly only because they're in London, I wouldn't want him at the club anyway. 

• Like 2

Id rather Maddison then Szoboszlai. Maddison slots straight in whereas there's the risk that Szoboszlai doesn't handle the EPL. Maddisons stats are up there with the best in the league. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Winston said:

Id rather Maddison than Szoboszlai. Maddison slots straight in whereas there's the risk that Szoboszlai doesn't handle the EPL. Maddisons stats are up there with the best in the league. 

You’re right about Maddison edging it on PL experience and his goal contributions the past few seasons for Leicester are first class.

The only thing about Maddison is where he slots into our system. His best role is “number 10”.  Szoboszlai might work better as a “number 8” in Howe’s 4-3-3.

So the questions is whether Howe signs him with a view to changing the system to more of a 4-2-3-1 or does he play him at “number 8”, or our wide, where he’s potentially less effective?

Caveat: this is based on what I’ve read about Szoboszlai. I haven’t see much live footage of him, other than his YouTube showreel. 

I guess it all depends on where Howe see's Bruno playing for us going forward. We sign Maddison then perhaps he prefers Bruno in that number 8 role, sign Szoboszlai then maybe Bruno will be used as a number 10.  Sign both then we have cover for all scenarios. 

2 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

For my own future reference what, dare I fuckin well ask, is the difference between an “8” and a “10” in modern parlance? :cuppa:

Do you want me to actually answer before fish shows up? 

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, PaddockLad said:

For my own future reference what, dare I fuckin well ask, is the difference between an “8” and a “10” in modern parlance? :cuppa:

"number 8" - speed/gerrard/lampard 

"number 10" bergkamp/zola/beardsley

2 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

"number 8" - speed/gerrard/lampard 

"number 10" bergkamp/zola/beardsley

Not every team plays with what you’re calling a 10 though, we don’t and there’s no actual evidence that we’re going to. Our two main attacking midfield targets appear to me to be attacking midfielders who can do an extensive range of things on the pitch. Which is why the absence of a what you kids are calling a 6 is bugging me a bit as I was informed that getting one in was key to releasing Bruno . Which makes me think who’s on the bench out of these 3? It’s just not adding up for me at the moment but am sure all will become clear 👍

• Like 1

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2023-24 season