Bruno Guimarães

wykikitoon

20 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Bruno's agent

Bruno's real agent.....

'The Rio Steakhouse connection.'

(Ah seen 'im in there once. Ahm canny sure he recognised iz, like).

JS65554677.jpg

• Haha 6

I know appealing would be pointless and also it would be 100% whataboutery but I'd love it if just for a laugh we paid for a top lawyer to appeal armed with a comparison of the Fabinho tackle and VAR decision. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NJS said:

I know appealing would be pointless and also it would be 100% whataboutery but I'd love it if just for a laugh we paid for a top lawyer to appeal armed with a comparison of the Fabinho tackle and VAR decision. 

They’d just say the Fabinho one was an error and VAR officials have been briefed accordingly. I thought Fabinho’s was worse due to the obvious intent 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Alex said:

They’d just say the Fabinho one was an error and VAR officials have been briefed accordingly. I thought Fabinho’s was worse due to the obvious intent 

Fabinho fucking knew he got away with it too. It was a shockingly bad challenge and deserved a straight red - staggering that VAR didn’t pick it up but they don’t do that with Liverpool.

Bruno’s was a red too but there was no intent. It was a mistimed challenge at the end of the game.

• Like 6

Yeah Fabinho's was miles worse as it was from behind. Bruno's was belligerent based on him being cheesed off about some earlier poor calls.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Alex said:

I think they've already come out and said that VAR got that wrong. Didn't hand out a suspension to correct the error mind...

• Like 3

There was absolutely no malice from Bruno but that doesn’t alter the fact it was a horrendous tackle rightly punishable by a red card.

The failure to call out Fabinho’s and Robertson’s - which in my opinion was worse - doesn’t make Bruno’s any less of a red.

Appealing it would be a pointless waste of time that we’d better spend focused on other things. We need to take it on the chin and accept the 3-game ban.

• Like 6

23 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Aye, the kids lucky it could have been a lot worse for him.  It was poor from Bruno.  

I don't think it was necessarily 'poor', just mistimed. But in today's game it's a straight red card. 

Anyone questioning it needs to ask themselves what their reaction would have been had it been done to one of our players. We'd all be screaming for a red card, and rightly so.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, OTF said:

I think they've already come out and said that VAR got that wrong. Didn't hand out a suspension to correct the error mind...

Why not though? Have retrospective bans been stopped now? This obviously affects us against Liverpool in a couple of weeks. We lose Bruno, they keep Fabhino, which is a rhyme, that doesn't befit the crime. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Renton said:

Why not though? Have retrospective bans been stopped now? This obviously affects us against Liverpool in a couple of weeks. We lose Bruno, they keep Fabhino, which is a rhyme, that doesn't befit the crime. 

He was booked, so there’s a fucking ridiculous rule where if the player was booked it’s deemed the ref hadn’t missed the incident he just saw it as a bookable offense so they won’t upgrade the punishment despite everyone and their dog knowing the decision was completely wrong. 

Makes a fucking farce of the entire thing but here we are. 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Howay said:

He was booked, so there’s a fucking ridiculous rule where if the player was booked it’s deemed the ref hadn’t missed the incident he just saw it as a bookable offense so they won’t upgrade the punishment despite everyone and their dog knowing the decision was completely wrong. 

Makes a fucking farce of the entire thing but here we are. 

Yeah, I thought things might have changed since VAR was introduced but I guess not. Watch Fabinho score against us then, nailed on. 

• Like 2

The difference being that Darren England is better at this VAR malarkey than Neil Swarbrick. 

Swarbrick didn't intervene so there's sadly no mechanism for retrospectively changing the outcome. 

Can you imagine getting an Asian gambling company tattooed on your leg?

Could have stopped above that and would have looked loads better.

• Like 1