Bruno Guimarães

wykikitoon

This is standard. He wants top dollar. He has earned it. We haven’t offered what he wants yet and he’s putting pressure on the club by going public as a negotiating tactic. Pretty standard stuff. I’m sure he has other clubs in his agent’s ear telling him how much he could be on elsewhere 

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

This is standard. He wants top dollar. He has earned it. We haven’t offered what he wants yet and he’s putting pressure on the club by going public as a negotiating tactic. Pretty standard stuff. I’m sure he has other clubs in his agent’s ear telling him how much he could be on elsewhere 

I don't have a problem with us giving him an improved contract but now is not the time. We're still inhibited by FFP in our push to improve and ready our squad for Champions League. He still has three years on his initial contract and honestly he's not been at his best recently.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, OTF said:

I don't have a problem with us giving him an improved contract but now is not the time. We're still inhibited by FFP in our push to improve and ready our squad for Champions League. He still has three years on his initial contract and honestly he's not been at his best recently.

we didn’t lose a game he played for us last season. Massively important player for us who would cost £60m+ plus massive wages to replace 

Edited by Dr Gloom
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

we didn’t lose a game he played for us last season. Massively important player for us who would cost £60m+ plus massive wages to replace 

If there was any risk of him going I would agree, but he has 3 years on his contract and is rightfully adored by the supporters and Howe etc. Give him a new contract through this season but get our business sorted in this window first so we know what numbers we're working with.

• Like 2

I’d be more worried if there were 2/3 clubs out there with the financial muscle for the 100 mill fee and about half that in wages + the requirement for a top class central midfielder…. Real Madrid have just signed Bellingham and Guler, Barca Gundogan and Gonzalez. So that leaves our new friends in Saudi Arabia, you’d imagine that would be highly unlikely this summer….his agent has told him to go public to force the issue. I’d be very surprised if  playing for NUFC regardless of what happens in the next three seasons is the extent of Bruno’s ambitions though… 

Edited by PaddockLad
  • Like 4

A bloke who posts any old shit purely to get followers and about 90% of his followers only do so to take the piss. The futility of modern life 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

I’d be more worried if there were 2/3 clubs out there with the financial muscle for the 100 mill fee and about half that in wages + the requirement for a top class central midfielder…. Real Madrid have just signed Bellingham and Guler, Barca Gundogan and Gonzalez. So that leaves our new friends in Saudi Arabia, you’d imagine that would be highly unlikely this summer….his agent has told him to go public to force the issue. I’d be very surprised if the playing for NUFC regardless of what happens in the next three seasons is the extent of Bruno’s ambitions though… 

He can be as ambitious as he wants. He's good, but no where near good enough for a team like Real Madrid.

27 minutes ago, t00nraider2 said:

He can be as ambitious as he wants. He's good, but no where near good enough for a team like Real Madrid.

On 10/07/2020 at 22:27, t00nraider2 said:

Yiz playin pool n yiz snookad, can yiz play the jump shot? ( hitting cue baal awwa anuntha baal te hit ya cullad baal)?

Yes ah nah?

• Haha 8

1 hour ago, t00nraider2 said:

We'll chuck you a banana when we require your input, numbnuts. :good:

• Haha 5

On 30/07/2023 at 10:42, PaddockLad said:

I’d be more worried if there were 2/3 clubs out there with the financial muscle for the 100 mill fee and about half that in wages + the requirement for a top class central midfielder…. Real Madrid have just signed Bellingham and Guler, Barca Gundogan and Gonzalez. So that leaves our new friends in Saudi Arabia, you’d imagine that would be highly unlikely this summer….his agent has told him to go public to force the issue. I’d be very surprised if  playing for NUFC regardless of what happens in the next three seasons is the extent of Bruno’s ambitions though… 

He'll want to play for Real Madrid/Barca. I'm sure he does love it here but the day they show firm interest he's off, and it's fair enough. Hope he plays his part in elevating us to where we want to go beforehand.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...