Other Games 22/23

6 hours ago, Howay said:

I just stared at the league table for a good 5 minutes tonight :lol: What the actual fuck man? We’re third, with two games in hand over one of our main rivals for a CL spot with 11 games to go. This is fucking mental, even just looking at 3 losses is mind blowing given we’d usually rack that up before September in recent years, it’s also the same as the team that are likely going to be champions. Only 19 goals conceded too, that’s 7 less than the closest which is fucking Manchester City. Then you look at the playing staff we’ve got into this position with and it shows what an absolutely stunning job Howe has done, of course all of the players deserve a fucking mountain of praise but the vast majority of them would barely have dreamed of a season like this let alone be living it. 

I know the media are biased as fuck but they really aren’t talking about this enough, we were fucking bottom with 0 wins 18 month ago :lol:

I agree with all that, but given where we were at Christmas before the “blip”, I will be absolutely gutted if we miss out on top 4.

But for poor finishing we would be almost home and dry already. It would be easier to stomach if we’d played badly during the blip, but we dominated some teams but just couldn’t finish.

The next 3 away games will make or break our top 4 chances.

7 hours ago, Howay said:

I just stared at the league table for a good 5 minutes tonight :lol: What the actual fuck man? We’re third, with two games in hand over one of our main rivals for a CL spot with 11 games to go. This is fucking mental, even just looking at 3 losses is mind blowing given we’d usually rack that up before September in recent years, it’s also the same as the team that are likely going to be champions. Only 19 goals conceded too, that’s 7 less than the closest which is fucking Manchester City. Then you look at the playing staff we’ve got into this position with and it shows what an absolutely stunning job Howe has done, of course all of the players deserve a fucking mountain of praise but the vast majority of them would barely have dreamed of a season like this let alone be living it. 

I know the media are biased as fuck but they really aren’t talking about this enough, we were fucking bottom with 0 wins 18 month ago :lol:

I think it’s 11 years (the season we came 5th) since we’ve passed the 50 point mark in a season in the top flight. And we’ve still got more than 1/4 of the season to go 

• Like 5

It would be utterly fantastic if we finished third and Brighton fourth, fuck the Manc, Scouse and Spuds 😂

Brighton have 3 games in hand on Spurs, play Bournemouth tonight then Spuds at the weekend, could be a point behind with 2 in hand, they also play the Mancs.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Toonpack said:

It would be utterly fantastic if we finished third and Brighton fourth, fuck the Manc, Scouse and Spuds 😂

Brighton have 3 games in hand on Spurs, play Bournemouth tonight then Spuds at the weekend, could be a point behind with 2 in hand, they also play the Mancs.

I'd like to see brighton do it, obviously not at our expense mind!

still think they gave us the hardest game we've had this season, battered us at their place, luckiest point we've picked up all season.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, thebrokendoll said:

still think they gave us the hardest game we've had this season, battered us at their place, luckiest point we've picked up all season.

Despite the fact we had a perfectly good goal VAR'd out of existence.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

well aye, I'm not gonna argue, we should never have goals disallowed, ever.

on the contrary wilson should've been rewarded for showing the lovely darcey bussell how it's done!  :)

b25lY21zOmE2YTA0NjllLTNjYmItNDg4OC1hNzU1LTVkNjhmZjI2Yzc2ZTowMjA4MWJlNC0xZWJiLTQ1ZTEtYmQ3OC05NGNiYmIzN2Y3Nzg=.jpg

explosive-dance-darcey-bussell-G4E8BY.jpg

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Toonpack said:

Aye, but they played us off the park. They didn't have the cutting edge that day. De Zerbi has them firing in the goals now so they are more potent now. 

It will be a tough game.

Edited by Holden McGroin

31 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

Aye, but they played us off the park. They didn't have the cutting edge that day. De Zerbi has them firing in the goals now so they are more potent now. 

It will be a tough game.

No disagreement here

So what would be funnier today, more misery for Liverpool or add on the pain for Chelsea?

Perhaps a draw as it would zero good to either while reenforcing how shite they are. 

11 hours ago, thebrokendoll said:

agreed. Worst performance of the season from us, that 

6 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Chelsea win is the best result tonight. We can't be worrying about Chelsea overtaking us - if that happens, we might not even finish top 6 cos we'll have imploded.

For that to happen, Chelsea would need to actually score a goal

Looks like Potter got the sack because the owners forgot to buy a centre forward

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Alex said:

I think it’s 11 years (the season we came 5th) since we’ve passed the 50 point mark in a season in the top flight. And we’ve still got more than 1/4 of the season to go 

There’s a part of my brain that looks at this and says “I think we’re definitely safe now”. I think I’m having trouble adjusting to the post Ashley/Bruce reality :) 

• Haha 4