Anthony Gordon Handsome Winger Man

Ayatollah Hermione

I’ll give you a two word summary as to why we didn’t win anything in KK’s first spell as manager here: away form. That applies to cups as well. But it was especially the case in 95/96 when I think we lost at home to Man Utd and drew the final hone game v Spurs. But won every other league game at SJP? 

• Like 2

Just now, NJS said:

Yup - always felt away wins were more by luck than control or planning. 

That Liverpool match, man. Absolute chaos. 

1 hour ago, Alex said:

Aye. Batty of all people scored and Fucking Graham Cunting Fenton then got two late goals. After that it really felt like it wasn’t meant to be. They played really well too. 

Fyp :lol:

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Holden McGroin said:

Aye. Barnes could at least play football, even if his best days were behind him. He was technically still good and pretty strong. 

He was our top goal scorer with 7, one year.

2 hours ago, Alex said:

He was fucking finished at Leeds. Barnes and Pearce weren’t bad signings. 

i dunno, not as bad as rush, i'll give you that. but both were well past their best by the time they rocked up here and all three arrived as the entertainers team was being dismantled so i never took to any of them 

58 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

i dunno, not as bad as rush, i'll give you that. but both were well past their best by the time they rocked up here and all three arrived as the entertainers team was being dismantled so i never took to any of them 

Pearce I liked, Barnes I could put up with, but Rush... did he even score?

2 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Got the winner at Everton in the cup run. Can't remember another.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Didn't Pearce score a couple of 30 yard thundercunts for us that year - or was that a Mandela effect moment? I swear he scored a monster free kick against Kiev in the champions league, and I definitely remember a ridiculous one against Wimbledon. 

Barnes I thought did well for us in a difficult season with Shearer knacking his leg. But Aye Rush was a piece of shit but evidently got two goals and an assist.

image.png.765153a7985a43c445b0a461eb79385c.png

13 minutes ago, MMXXVIII said:

Got the winner at Everton in the cup run. Can't remember another.

and what a sweet sweet finish from the man.

It's hard to believe that the 35 year old striker who had got 3 goals in 42 games for Leeds the previous season wasn't the answer to our goalscoring problem.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, ewerk said:

It's hard to believe that the 35 year old striker who had got 3 goals in 42 games for Leeds the previous season wasn't the answer to our goalscoring problem.

But easier to believe that if he was going to score at least one goal then it would be against Everton. :good:

• Like 1

Twitter in the knows versus Lee Ryder on the severity of Gordon's knee injury.

Kenan Thompson Eating GIF by Saturday Night Live

• Haha 5

I really hope they don’t rush him back like they’ve done for some of the players, just make sure the bloke fully recovers. If he comes back and breaks down again they really need to investigate whoever is making these decisions. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Picked for England when he’s injured :lol: Unbelievable 

"I'd love to have put him on instead of Jordan, but his club asked me to be careful with him." :smile: